Home

Marius Fett's W.I.P

Marius Fett

^I thought as much. Okay then, no matter!

Anyway, production on this tweak pack has begun! I drew up a list of some of the main things I want to accomplish here, have completed the first three tasks which I set myself.

Here's the list for those interested:

Change the default Soldier clothing so that it is the Republic Soldier Uniform.

Done with an appearance.2da tweak rather than a model swap, so that if anyone has a mod installed which alters the Republic Soldier uniforms, then their PC's attire will correspond.

Make the Sith Trooper armours available to the player, integrating them seamlessly into the game.

They can now be found inside the lockers aboard the Leviathan and can be found by the player after being released from the cell. Also tweaked the textures a little, as they were FAR too shiny.

Maka all three of the Mandalorian armours available to the player, intnegrating them seemlessly into the game.

• The blue armour is now worn by Jagi and can be removed from his corpse after you defeat him.
  • Canderous will be wearing the red armour when he joins your party. He will also be wearing it each time you see him on Taris.
  • You will get the yellow armour from the Duel Organizer in the Upper City, at the same time as he gives you Bendak Starkiller's blaster.
  • Also, several (though not all) of the Mandalorians you encounter throughout the game will also drop their armour for you to pick up and wear.

Change the names of the various NPC's throughout the game who were given names in dialog, but were given generic titles in their templates. The only ones I can think of at the moment are the Janitor in the Taris apartments, the Gatekeeper and Healer in the Outcase Village, the Sith Apprentice in the Korriban Academy and the Waitress in the Black Vulkar Base on Taris.

Done.

Correct/change/tweak the appearances (mainly clothing and armour) of various NPC's throughout the game to make things seem a little more realistic.

To do

Introduce some way to duel some of the other students in the Sith Academy. Not sure exactly how this would work due to lack of voice overs. May have to re-use some of the existing lines. Will have to look through the existing dialog files.

To do.

Give Ergeron the Mandalorian on Manaan the appearance of a Mandalorian.

To do.

Change the lightsaber hilt model to something better.

Planning to use my Revan lightsaber model for this. Will have to get a better texture done for it before I implement this feature.

Create new portraits for the Party Members.

I will be keeping an eye out for other things which I feel could use improving whilst testing features i've already implemented.

IMPORTANT:

I realise that a lot of the features that will be/are included in this mod are things which may have already been modded into the game by other members of the community. I am in no way going to plagiarize anybody elses work, nor am I going to in any way attempt to force people into using my mod over any other.

I am making this mod because it is something I want to do, and I feel that if all these features are modded in by one author as opposed to many, then support may be easier to come by.

Just thought I should mention that.

So yeah, work is underway on this and I should have some screenies up reasonable soon!

Any questions/comments/reasonable suggestions, feel free to post!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly. He might just be closer to the camera though. :p

Anyway, been going through the various modules making little edits, today. Mainly focussed on Korriban and i'm happy with how it is now.

I'll try and get some screenies of that up ASAP, but for now, this is all I have:

picture.php?albumid=785&pictureid=8750

picture.php?albumid=785&pictureid=8749

I'll hopefully have something more exciting for you to look at soon!

Not without replacing an appearance slot, no...

There IS technically another way of doing it using disguise items, but you'd need to make separate appearances for each head... Then make it so that only the one for the head you're using turns up in game...

It's doable, it'd just be really fiddly...

If I WERE to do that, I doubt it'd be included in this mod, it'd need to be separate. Sorry. :)

Time for a wee update!

Here's a couple of screenies from Korriban!

No sexy ones today though, i'm on another machine with no Photoshop :(

The Czerka people on Korriban are now actually wearing Czerka Uniforms:

swkotor2011-12-1917-12-23-14.png

The Sith interrogator is now dressed in the red trooper armour, and the various guards in the academy and valley are now all dressed as troopers as well. (A mixture of the reds and silvers). Also, the prisoner now actually LOOKS like a Mandalorian.

swkotor2011-12-1917-31-48-28.png

The hostages in the academy are now dressed like republic soldiers:

swkotor2011-12-1917-32-11-21.png

swkotor2011-12-1917-33-15-15.png

The other students now wear robes whilst in the academy/valley:

swkotor2011-12-1917-40-31-42.png

swkotor2011-12-1917-43-42-29.png

swkotor2011-12-1917-50-42-89.png

(For some reason, they don't want to wear them in Dreshdae, i'll need to look into it).

Also, Uthar will be wearing this outfit I made a while back:

uthar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, all, here's the deal. I'm going to be releasing different components of the mod separately, mainly because it'll make things a LOT easier to manage when it comes to supporting them afterwards. The first two parts will be in TUCE shortly, but for those who can't wait, here are the first two segments of my pack:

Carth's Republic Uniform and Flight Suit:

=============================================
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION

AUTHOR: Marius Fett
NAME: Carth's Republic Uniform and Flight Suit

DESCRIPTION: Something I always found strange in KotOR was that despite being a Republic soldier, Carth never got to wear the Republic Uniform that you see the other soldiers wearing throughout the game. This mod changes that. Now, Carth has his own personal set of Republic armour, exclusively for him to use. I also included a slightly improved version of his own personal clothing as well, which I called 'Carth's Flight Suit'.

To prevent having to replace an armour slot, I created a new line in appearance.2da for Carth in Republic Uniform, then made a disguise item which uses that line. I then restricted both clothing items to Carth using a new feat which I also made.

Carth will have his Flight Suit equiped and his Republic Uniform in his inventory when he joins you on Taris, and he will be wearing the Republic Armour when you meet him on the Endar Spire at the start of the game. It made sense to me that Carth would wear his Flight Jacket instead of his Uniform wilst on Taris, because he'd hardly want to go giving away the fact that he was a Republic Soldier, does he?

This mod is again based off of one originally made by Shem, except that with my version, no armour slot has to be replaced. Like Shem's original mod, I have also made it so that when Carth joins you, he has two of his personal blasters instead of one of them and a regular blaster.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: All you need to do is run the installer included in the download. The TSL Patcher utility will handle everything.

PERMISSIONS: This mod may not be used without the explicit permission of the author. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without the express permission of the author.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Screenshots:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

carth_uniform.jpg

swkotor2011-12-3013-31-13-96.png

swkotor2011-12-3013-28-34-32.png

swkotor2011-12-3013-28-20-32.png

swkotor2011-12-3013-20-11-23.png

swkotor2011-12-3013-18-21-40.png

swkotor2011-12-3013-13-57-35.png

DOWNLOAD

And another, Bastila's Commoner Clothing:

(I haven't mentioned this part before, so read the readme to get an idea of the premise/purpose behind this)

==========================================
==========================================

NAME: Bastila's Commoner Clothing

DESCRIPTION: This mod basically adds a new set of clothing to the game, exclusively for Bastila. The idea behind this mod is that while Bastila is on Taris, surely her standard clothing must make her stand out as a Jedi. At least, that's what I thought anyway.

So basically, with this mod, you now have a set of clothing for Bastila to wear, which looks just like the commoner clothing you see throughout the game. It just seems more realistic to me that Bastila would make some effort to disguise her appearance. 

Also, since there's a mod out there which allows Bastila to go to Korriban with your PC, i'd like to think that she'd want to disguise herself somewhat there, too!

I went about making this mod in a somewhat unusual way, in that I added a new line to appearance.2da and made it so that the item has a disguise property which uses the new line, which means that I didn't have to replace any body slots in Bastila's appearance. This essentially means that I didn't need to sacrafice any other armour/robes to make this mod possible!

I originally made this mod (or a form of it at least) a long time ago just for personal use, based on a mod I saw in a few of Shem's YouTube video's which he never released.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: All you need to do is run the installer included in the download. The TSL Patcher utility will handle everything.

PERMISSIONS: This mod may not be used without the explicit permission of the author. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without the express permission of the author.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE

Screenies:

Show spoiler
swkotor2011-12-3003-27-16-45.png

swkotor2011-12-3003-27-47-49.png

DOWNLOAD

Just made a little tweak for TSL which i'm not sure whether anyone will be interested in...

Basically, i've made it so that when you get your Prestige class, you get Force Enlightenment if you become an LS class, or Force Crush if you get a DS class...

Worth releasing?

More exciting things hopefully coming soon. :D

Ooh, maybe a quest to go with it to get them, or maybe Kreia could teach you Force Crush and Force Enlightenment if you have already gone past the point where she tells you she was both Jedi and Sith. Also for more obvious reasons maybe the Jedi Masters could teach you Force Enlightenment.

• 8 months later...

Ok, time for a little update.

I've recently caught the modding bug again for some reason and am really in the mood to try and get back into the swing of things. I know the community has died down somewhat in recent months, but hopefully there are still enough people around who enjoy the games enough to keep things going along!

Anyway, I haven't really been able to think of any new ideas for mods, and since the games are so old, everything I can think of that i'd want modded into the game/changed in the game has already been done for the most part.

So i've decided to do something else.

I'm going to go through all of the mods i've ever made and publically release and apply the greater modding knowledge I have now to refine them and bring them up to scratch.

Some of them will be completely scrapped however and removed from the public domain. Honestly, some of my earlier stuff was shockingly bad.

So yeah, that's the plan. If anyone wants to grab any of my mods from KotORFiles, now would be the time to do it as I will be starting to remove them soon and replacing them with newer and more up to date versions.

While i'm here though, I do have one new mod to offer, which I mentioned a few posts back:

user150698_pic8746_1324083758.jpg

NAME: Mandalorian Armour Pack

DESCRIPTION: Something which annoyed me when I first played this game was the fact that even though we see three different colours of Mandalorian Armour, we only ever get to wear the Blue armour ourselves. Even then, it's right at the end of the game and the blue armour is the worst looking in my opinion (I prefer the red).

So, what I did with this mod is make it so that you can wear all three colours!

What's more, you can find all three armours during normal play, in what I hope are believeable ways!

The first one you'll come across is the yellow armour, which you are given by Ajurr the Hutt on Taris after you beat Bendak Starkiller in the death match. Then you'll get the red armour, which Canderous will be wearing when he joins your party. He will also be wearing it when you see him in various places on Taris before he joins your party. Finally, you get the blue armour, which you can pick off of Jagi's corpse after the fight in the Dune Sea on Tatooine.

If you have passed the point in the game where you can get any of these armours (or if you just can't wait) then you can attain them using the following cheat codes if you wish:

giveitem mf_class9_050 - Mandalorian Neo-Cruscader Armour (Blue)

giveitem mf_class9_051 - Mandalorian Rally Master Armour (Red)

giveitem mf_class9_052 - Mandalorian Field Marshal Armour (Yellow)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Run the TSL Patcher utility.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

DOWNLOAD

I won't be putting it on KotORFiles for a little while yet, but you can get it here if you want it. :)

More coming soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let anyone who's interest know, new, updated and improved versions of all my mods for the original KotOR (which I think are good enough for public release) are now available for download at Deadly Stream.

Click here to visit my page there.

Here is a little catalogue of the mods I uploaded to the site:

Show spoiler
cruaf_1_zps393ea86e.jpg

fajm_1_zpsaca36a51.jpg

map_1_zps40dc0773.jpg

mur_1_zpsf2f6e040.jpg

mvr_1_zps2e24a773.jpg

sap_1_zps26df9305.jpg

There are some mods which I did not update, due to the fact that I feel that they were basically awful. Mostly things I did back when I began modding in 2007.

I'm hoping to get the new versions of my TSL mods finished soon, so that I can upload those as well. I've finished the majority of them, but there are still a few things left to go.

I'll still be removing old versions from KotORFiles, though i'll be leaving them there until ALL of my mods are updated so that I can replace them straight away.

Cheers, big ears!

Thank you, Zhaboka and Darth Payne. :D

I have now finished revamping all of my TSL mods that I want to reupload and have gotten them onto Deadly Stream. As before, click here to visit my page at that site.

Just like with the KotOR mods, here is a mini catalogue type thing to show what is available:

Show spoiler
atjn_1_zps855bc061.jpg

dr_1_zps14be99fb.jpg

lbrp_1_zps67c93a2b.jpg

lbrp_2_zpsab63c596.jpg

lbrp_3_zps95326efe.jpg

qtw_1_zps2ff2a150.jpg

tlsp_1_zpsf9046618.jpg

rls_1_zpsb69a4902.jpg

vmr_1_zps254aec9d.jpg

There is also a KotOR version of the lightsaber blade replacement pack up at the site. It includes prequel style blades which I animated to flicker like in the movies.

My Playable Saedhe mod is also available at the site as well:

Show spoiler
screeny-1.jpg

There's at least one other TSL mod of mine that I want to redo, but it'll take a bit more time than the others, since there were some straaaaange bugs in it which i'll need to set aside some time to work on.

Back to it, lads!

Archived