Home

Jet Troopers

Nietzsche's God

Am I the only one in here is bothered by the fact that Jet Troopers are limited on how long they are in flight? I find that silly.

There ought to be something where they can stay in the air for the unlimited time till maybe someone shoot the jet pack which can cause some kind of damage to it, and make the person who wears it unable to use it.

They cant fly forever because games that have multiplayer need something called "Balance" Unless you want CIS to have everlasting droideka shields to balance out inf fuel, lets just leave it as is

What make you think that the CIS faction will be in the new game? Anyway, I find it nothing of an issue of having Jet Troopers creating a problem with the "Balance" of the game. All you have to do is create something where that players have to get a lot of points to get a rare class such as the Jet Trooper in order to play it; moreover, there should be limited available Jet Troopers on the battlefield, or there would be no balance.

What make you think that the CIS faction will be in the new game?

A zillion people have seen the new trilogy. A decent number know of the old republic. 100 or so know of the other eras. Guess which eras are going to sell the best?

Anyway' date=' I find it nothing of an issue of having Jet Troopers creating a problem with the "Balance" of the game.[/quote'] Other than like having anyone who has the jet trooper class being all but unkillable during chaotic battles and being able to get to incredibly cheap camping spots.

All you have to do is create something where that players have to get a lot of points to get a rare class such as the Jet Trooper in order to play it; moreover' date=' there should be limited available Jet Troopers on the battlefield, or there would be no balance.[/quote']

Oh so make it so that you can have them in the last minute or so of gameplay, that sounds delightfully fun, Im sure people will love a unit that they can use for .1% of their play time.

• 1 month later...

Jet troopers are EU. I find the limited fuel thing to be useful. Why? Would a real jetpack last forever? No, of course not. It makes more sense for it to run out. Of course, there are cases where flying units could have unlimited fuel - IE Geonosians.

Yeah, and I hate their weapon it's just a lightweight missile launcher apposed to a rifle or something more fun. And even in the campaign map on kamino, the jet troopers have rifles!!!

I think that was a feeble attempt at balancing the jet troopers. A trooper perched in an unreachable position to non- jet troopers with a fully auto is theoretically unbalanced.

Giving him a marksman pistol, which is scoped, more accurate and a higher damage output than a rifle somehow is not.

Go figure.

[To answer Nietzsche's God's first question, yes, I believe you are.]

Making the jet pack a critical point to hit is a great idea, in my opinion (not that jet troopers are weak enough already). However, the idea of unlimited flight time is silly, if anything. The point is to make it so that a jet trooper cannot hit someone from a high location and just keep floating around like a fool.

What make you think that the CIS faction will be in the new game? Anyway' date=' I find it nothing of an issue of having Jet Troopers creating a problem with the "Balance" of the game. All you have to do is create something where that players have to get a lot of points to get a rare class such as the Jet Trooper in order to play it; moreover, there should be limited available Jet Troopers on the battlefield, or there would be no balance.[/quote']

That is probably the most preposterous question regarding BFIII I've heard yet. The CIS is an interesting, unique, and genre-defining features of Star Wars, even without being extremely fun to play. LA would be foolish (not to say they aren't exempt from that trait) to exclude the faction after featuring them in BFII.

Just so you know, there is a limit of how many jet troopers can be on the battle field at one time (four). Also, you have to earn something like 15 or 20 points to be able to use a jet trooper. I don't know if you've played BFII, but those are commonly known facts of the game play.

TSR, I agree completely, but remember that it's just the campaign. Balance is rarely, if ever, important in campaign scenarios. But in my opinion, the jet troopers are fine as they are in multiplayer BFII. I see nothing that really needs changing, other than making the jet pack a critical point (more fun to target). Watch your backs, jetties!

Good luck and have fun, all.

Well, it still only takes 1 good sniper shot to kill a jettie, so even if they were flying about everywhere, it'd only be about as cheap as the engineer considering their small amount of ammo. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not for it, I'm just saying that the jettie's height advantage is completely destroyed by the distance from which they can be killed by a good sniper.

I don't like the idea that the only counter to a unit is the sniper. Reminds me of an RTS somewhat. I rather like the limited fuel because it gets me thinking about where I'm supposed to be going and how to get there.

Unlike the dark trooper. There's a class of fail when I see one.

The sniper isn't really a counter unit. They're just better at a longer range, yet good players can non-scope kill up close. They're vulnerable to pretty much everything. I see where you're coming from, though.

Aye... The Dark Trooper is utterly appalling. No real steering involved. That's supposed to be an improvement from Jet Trooper... I think an improvement would be more fuel and greater speed. Not a quick boost quarter way across the map (usually into a bottomless pit of some sort).

DTs are also amazing jedi or engeneer killers if you get a good human playing them, their arc caster can be deadly if used by someone who knows how to play DT. Otherwise the class is rubbish

Gief BF1 shotgun :(

• 1 month later...
They cant fly forever because games that have multiplayer need something called "Balance" Unless you want CIS to have everlasting droideka shields to balance out inf fuel, lets just leave it as is

They could make a flying battle droid and it and the jet trooper can fly indefinitely. But the weapons would be totally different.

Archived