Home

Xbox 360 Help

Alkonium

Could be on it's way out bud, I'm on my third 360 now :( if the ps3 wasn't such a brick with no games I'd of saved some money lol, anyway, try unplugging everything and leave it for 5 minutes. Also try loading a disc without your hard drive/memory card in (Don't know how it will help lol, but 360's are weird like that)

I doubt it's dying already. I've had it for less than a month, but I'll try that.

Edit: Taking out the hard drive worked, but now I need a way to get it to work with the hard drive in.

Edit Again: Now I'm confused. I put the hard drive back in, and everything's fine.

Sounds like maybe your hardrdive's cache was corrupted perhaps? You may want to think about backing up all your saved games onto a memory card and then formatting the drive or at least clearing the cache.

To clear the cache:

Press Y on the Harddrive symbol and then press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. Once you do this a message appears saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?" Select yes.

Press Y on the Harddrive symbol and then press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. Once you do this a message appears saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?" Select yes.
Christ, couldn't they figure out an easier way to manage it without the cheat code? Couldn't there be a simple on-screen option saying "Hard Drive Maintenance"? Then again, this is Microsoft we're talking about here. :p

You should see what you have to do to perform a scandisk. It involves two other players, a Rock Band guitar, and a copy of Sid Meier's: Civilization Revolution.

:o

I'd hate to have to do a scandisk then.

If worse comes to worse, send it in to get fixed, and if you're as lucky as me, you'll get it back in 2 weeks and it won't have another problem since :D

Not to mention massive blackouts, and I was out of power for almost the whole night, impossible sleeping conditions, and our food went bad. :(
Have you guys ever considered utilizing that big expanse of dirt you guys call the outback? I mean, put a couple large solar farms, and you're generating enough energy to sell to almost anyone. You'll just have to "relocate" some of the wildlife, but hey, screw the dingoes and wallabies; Urbanization is way of the future! :xp:

Archived