Home

Playing non-jedi

Pwnzor326

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Theres gotta be some heavy balancing I don't even know who they would do it.

I was discussing this fairly recently with a few friends - one of them had the notion that they might have Jedi/Sith advance slower than other characters, as in gain less exp per action, or require more exp to level.

Another balance may be to allow non-force user classes to advance skills, feats or attributes faster - to either beef up attack abilities, or skill modifiers (though a little less useful in battle), or things like wisdom, defence and strength to counteract the inherent advantages of playing as Jedi/Sith.

I wa discussing this fairly recently with a few friends - one of them had the notion that they might have Jedi/Sith advance slower than other characters, as in gain less exp per action, or require more exp to level.

Another balance may be to allow non-force user classes to advance skills, feats or attributes faster - to either beef up attack abilities, or skill modifiers (though a little less useful in battle), or things like wisdom, defence and strength to counteract the inherent advantages of playing as Jedi/Sith.

I think skill modifiers are the aim. We know Atton received training to kill Jedi as efficiently as possible. And I think Mandlorians have some tactics against Jedi/Sith as well after the Mando Wars. I expect Talents to give some cool anti-Jedi skills. It would rock, because, like in real life, a blaster bolt is deadly. Watch the Geonosis scene and you know what I mean.

I'll take your non-force using sharp witted smuggler archtype outside of my main which will be a lightside favoring neutral force user. You may call me Jedi only in name but in truth Jolee Bindo always had the right of it. If you have ever played the PnP rpg you will find that the non-force users easily had there balances vs the force-users much like DnD Fighters vs Wizards.

I would love to see a non-force sensitive class that can dig in and duke it out with Jedi/Sith! I don't know if it'll happen though. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll end up playing a Sith. Red saber plus Dun Möch, my friends! :D
Well I'm sure they will find some way to balance all the classes as that is an essential part of any MMO. I think a smuggler or bounty hunter will be able to hold their own against Jedi and Sith.

I wa discussing this fairly recently with a few friends - one of them had the notion that they might have Jedi/Sith advance slower than other characters, as in gain less exp per action, or require more exp to level.

Yea but I'm sure that would get huge backlash just the thought of having to grind more even if your a Jedi makes me cringe.

It depends on how they do the paying structure. If you have to pay to have multiple characters, I may choose a Jedi first. If you can have more than 1, I'm going to choose a droid first. Not sure what droid classes there may be, but a healer droid might be fun. If not thta, then a soldier droid.

So I've been thinking a lot more about this lately, and after playing through Jedi Outcast and Academy again, I think I would definitely love to roll a scoundrel character, someone who gets by on wit, luck, charm, and a good blaster at their side! Maybe even a held together with duct tape junker of a smuggling freighter? :cool:

Of course I have to play at least on Jedi, it's one one of the reasons I love Star Wars, after all. However, I'll probably end up playing one of every class/profession that they have, just to try them all out and have a nice variety of toons to play with in different party settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived