Home

Playing non-jedi

Pwnzor326

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really torn between the current classes. I find it quite cool to choose a non-force wielding class. Bounty Hunter is at the moment on the top of my list. On the other hand, Sith and Jedi really seem interesting as well. I've always liked their concept.

At the end of the day I think I will be a Jedi. But I'll wait and see what other classes are revealed, and if there are any more detailed info released later. Hopefully I will enter beta and that's a good place to try stuff out.

If I decide to get this game...I'd definitely be a non-jedi...more fun that way imho.

Like when I was a little kid...I didn't wanna be obi-wan or luke or even vader...I wanted to be a stormtrooper...I hope there's an equivalent to that in this game...

I will play other classes as well as Jedi but, I will mostly play Jedi without doubt. I'd like to think i could play Jedi without having to feel like a lemming, or a noob though. I remember how people who played Commando in SWG thought they were so above you because they didn't play Jedi lol, even though commando was completely over-powered and as common as Jedi anyway.

Probably won't be able to join though I want to...but for one thing...I thought it was all the han solos, the fetts, dash rendars, lando calrissians, and the like who made the universe turn. Am I remembering things wrong, or was it more thought Han solo was the man in the early goings of the original trilogy?

Hell, I even respect Kyle Katarn more than Luke b/c Kyle knows what it's like to duke it out like a true badass as a merc.

Moreover...I don't see lightsabers blocking flamethrowers or carbonite streams...Most jedi seem to be (tactically) idiots.

...besides, if the force sensitives don't have people to rely upon, well, I could picture jedi doing janitorial work for hire. Like Here I am this badass lightsaber blademaster...but I only earn a little above minimum wages since my job otherwise is cleaning other people's messes.

If I decide to play I may be a freelance merc. Most likely a Mandalorian. I'd get some creds from both sides' date=' and have fun burning all the saber-swingers who get in my way. Lets see a Jedi deflect a homing rocket.[/quote']

Not sure you can even be Neutral yet, but it would be good to be a guy just taking jobs from whoever pays better.

If I decide to play I may be a freelance merc. Most likely a Mandalorian. I'd get some creds from both sides' date=' and have fun burning all the saber-swingers who get in my way. Lets see a Jedi deflect a homing rocket.[/quote']

Why would you want to be a Mandalorian as a race when they are human from what weve seen? from what im thinking Mandalorians are pretty much humans with accents, just look at Canderous.

At the time just before and during the first Knights of the Old Republic, the Mandalorian clans were mainly human but consisted of many other alien races, including Wookiee's. The last of the Taung (Original Mandalorian race) Died out long before this game... Again, this could all change when the Game is released.

From various Sources...

The Mandalorians (called Mando'ade in Mando'a, meaning "children of Mandalore") were a warlike, nomadic group of clan-based people consisting of members from multiple species. Often, they served as mercenaries and bounty hunters.

Their culture revolved around that of battle and war being a source of honor and pride in their community. The leader of the Mandalorians typically took on the title of "Mandalore." Mandalorians were frequently allied with the Sith, most notably Exar Kun and much later as a prototype for the Clone trooper under the power of Darth Sidious and the Galactic Republic, though they would not hesitate to cooperate with the Jedi if it suited them.

In later years Mandalorian Warriors wore very distinctive battle helmets with T-shaped visors that covered the entirety of their faces, which would provide inspiration for the helmets of the clone troopers. These helmets would eventually become strongly associated with the Mandalorian people.

Why would you want to be a Mandalorian as a race when they are human from what weve seen? from what im thinking Mandalorians are pretty much humans with accents, just look at Canderous.

I am saying who I would most likely align myself with if I play the game. Alignment has nothing to do with species, and frankly- I don't care what species I am as long as I get to don a custom suit of Beskar'gam.

Archived