Home

Amazing JK Academy SP Maps

CrisG

There are some remarkable SP Maps and Map packs made over the years since JK was released and some continue to be made by members of the community that for lack of a better word are not only masters of the craft of modding but are indeed Artists of the highest quality. This thread will feature some of these, both past and recent. The first project i want to feature is a recent one by Mercenary and deserves to be considered one of the best, and I was very glad to see such fine quality work being carried out currently.

Updated July 2011

Eve of Redemption 1.1 41.890 MB

Mercenary

Thrilling Adventure in a Vast Planetary City

http://www.gamefront.com/files/13927984/redemption_1_1.zip

Custom Load Screen, Extensive Cut Scenes, Full voiced dialog, custom characters, Vast new custom settings, a first rate classic JKA Map of the highest quality.

eorsu0.jpg

This is a quest with a twist, for you (the main character) is working for the Imperials and is involved in dealing with the remants of the Cult of Ragnos as well. You have force powers and an agenda of your own. The settings are superb, some of the most beautiful I have seen created in a mod or map for either JKO or JKA, and the game play and the trials, foes and tests you must undergo make this a first class map in every way.

eor11qb9.jpg

There are top quality cut scenes and full voice for the entire map, and the story is fully presented in the best continuation of the original game with a scrolling opening text, music that is totaly matched to the mood and a landing sequence on a vast planetary city planet that took my breath away.

eor2wt3.jpg

you are led into the plot and introduced to the (your) character very well, and soon you are launched on the journey which takes you first to the huge sewer system underneath the city were you must navigate and find a path thru both foes and the intricate structures that make up that complex. The atmopshere of murky fog and huge streams of flowing water are made with consumate skill by Mercenary and he shows us that he has total mastery of the various effects and nuances of the game engine in every way. It is NOT an easy journey and your wits and skills will be tested along the way.

eor3rs3.jpg

The full and fine quality of the main character and the cut scenes makes this a full continuation of the high quality of the original game for any, including me, who wished that the game had been longer. Here, in this map, you are back and can enjoy the same feeling of challenge, wonder and immersion in the Star Wars universe in all ways.

eor8vn6.jpg

eor10bz5.jpg

eor7ao9.jpg

eoa14lg0.jpg

I want to point out that Mercenery made full use of the amazing lighting that is possible in this game, and the interiors and the displays, and signs of this world which are part of the feeling of being in a living urban space, are all created and installed with consumate skill and many of them are dynamic and truly add to the feeling of this remarkable map.

eor13xw9.jpg

eveofr1ok7.jpg

The vast vista of this huge urban complex dwarfs the player yet you will have to make your way far above the saftey of this level you emerge on.....

I am not going to say more, because i don't want to spoil the feelings and the intrigue that you will experience...let me just say i gained a few more gray hairs...but they were well worth it.... :)

eor9yy9.jpg

the sombre lighting and the excellently concieved and executed atmopshere of this vast city setting is the perfect environment for this story....and all the details and nuances are carried out with the hand and the eye of an artist.

eor16of8.jpg

The trials and tests and the challenges you must solve to complete the level will continue, and you must expect to be tested to the fullest extent. I can only say this was a delight to see and to play and to share with you, and I hope you have as much enjoyment with this very fine map as I did. I hear that Mercenery is working on a new project and I can't wait to see it.

eor15ts8.jpg

Additional Maps by Mercenary

JKA:

Dash Render Resurgence JA Version 54.55 MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/13211554/dr_resurgence_zip

Its possible to play outcast as a mod in jk academy but not the other way around.a lot of people have ported over some maps from jka to jo but if im not mistaken they are multiplayer maps that came with academy.you would have to look for them over at jk3 files.

And chris,excellent overview of eve of redemption.

:) thanks JM, i really love this map, it is so well done, Mercenary is a genius..as this map has both really challenging game play and awesome voices, graphics and Cut scenes....i only wish it were part of a whole new game, for the theme would make a great JK4 ;)

I am sad General ..i see you have xbox version....wow, wouldnt it be wonderful if we could figure a way to port a PC game to Xbox...sigh. I am also sad that JKA has gone as high in price as it has, i just bought another copy for my archive as a back up on Amazon and it was quite pricey. :) There are some great Maps for Outcast tho and I am going to add 3 more to my on going review of them on that part of this forum shortly.

Spaceport

Michael May

SP Jedi Knight Academy Level

5.01 MB

December 26, 2005

Links Updated July 2011

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20573948/sp_spaceport.zip

spaceport1eu4.jpg

The Jedi Council has sent you to the main spaceport of the planet Okofo to find the dangerous criminal Lord Lukman. Hunt him down, but be care that he can't flee again. For this reason, find his spacecraft first and disable the departure. After this go for him and take any action as necessary to stop him.

Good luck and may the Force be with you.

spaceport4bx0.jpg

Mike is one of our Master Map and Level makers for both JKA and JKO, and has achieved some of the finest effects, ambience and feeling of all of his work in this level. It has a brooding intensity, a depth and intricacy that is like a jewel, with many facets. He took a year working on this one level set. And you can see the craftsmanship in it.

You will want to savor this one, take your time, and don't rush. It has complexity, some of the finest texture work I have seen in a Jedi Knight game and shows what the game engine is capable of in the hands of an artist.

spaceport3tb8.jpg

You have all the details of a fine JK map here: a good plot, fine level design, excellent lighting and texturing, and full immersion plus secret areas, custom scripting and everything to make this one of the finest levels done yet.

spaceport2gw0.jpg

Create in your Gamedata folder (not in the /base folder) a new folder called spaceport and unzip sp_spaceport.zip straight into it. After this launch the Star Wars Jedi Academy SP normally, selecting and loading Mod "Spaceport" in the SETUP/MODS menus. This set of levels is a finely tuned work of great craftsmanship for you have to naviagte thru some very complex levels and areas, and you get to use all your skills and craft as a Jedi in the process. I loved the lighting and the feeling of immersion throughout this work, and really recomend it to you and Mike's other maps and levels are equallly beautiful, for both JKA and JKO.

Other Mike May Maps and Levels:

JKA

SP Sith Valley

sithvalley03aj7.jpg

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20573960/sp_sith_valley.zip

JKO Levels

nsagain01vf9.jpg

Nar Shaddaa once again!

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20573966/SP+Nar+Shaada+Once+Again.zip

Spice Mines on Kessel

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20573968/SP+Spice+Mines+on+Kessel.zip

SP Coruscant Underlevel

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20573975/SP+Coruscant+Underlevels.zip

Maps for Jedi Knight (DF 2)

Troubles on Nar Shaddaa (April 2002)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20573978/SP+Troubles+on+Nar+Shaddaa.zip

this was my first Michael May map,and it blew me away ,that i began to track down his other maps,heck i even found out he did a map for dark forces2 jedi knight,titled nar shadda.

Michaels maps are some of myfavorites as well simply for how he lays out the maps,its never quite so linear as you might think.

another fantastic overview chris.

Thanks JediMike, i added that one to the list on the post about M May's maps. :) and an dl linkey.

I had a nice note from Mike and I think he may be working on a new project, but not sure. He is very busy at work. But we can hope. :)

Yes he is working on a new sp mod,some time ago he gave me first preview of the first level or what i took to be the first level and i was blown away,by the detail and textures.Since he sent me that personnally i cant upload them here unless Michael may gives his permission,but i do know he is very busy with his work and he maps only when he gets the chance.Let me say i still look forward to that new map because it looked very good!

Ok, I'm just playing Operation: Spaceport mod and I'm stuck. I passed room with 4 reactors (shown on last screenshot related to this mod). Not far from there, I walked into a sort of a tunnel (there was a single enemy with thermal detonators there) and the door ahead is locked. Right beneath this tunnel, there's a running assembly line, moving crates. I'm guessing I need to reach it, but how ?

if you go all the way to where the gran was standing ,near the far door,youll see the floor can broken,to go the conveyer belt below.hit with the saber or hit with electricity,either one will do,with mike mays maps you sometimes have to think about where you need to go,which makes his maps great!

hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...
greetings, i just finished jedi outcast amazing game. i was wondering, how many sp new maps there are for both jo and ja? and where could i download them for gameplay?

I'd say Google it, but I decided to be nice...

JK3 Files...

You're just finishing JO? Wow...

• 1 year later...

I appologize for neglecting these threads featuring some of the best SP levels for the Jedi Knight games, i plan to restore the links, as FileFront changed hands and is now GameFront but I do expect to get these links updated soon so that I can continue to post some of the great levels and links for them here.

The talent is still with us for we still continue to get new maps of the highest quality including those of Mercenary and Michael May who remain active....and there is hope of more indeed. These games are such classics and so well made with a great engine that is fully moddable.....so we have every reason to hope for more.

The two best repositories that remain for all star wars games mods are:

The Massassi Temple....the original library of mods for all the single and multiplayer games

http://massassi.net/

And the great FileFront Library which also includes detailed reviews of all the mods posted

JK3 Files

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/

• 6 months later...

Escape from Yavin 4 Version 1

Darrow Linder

111 MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20574116/SP+Escape_Yavin4.zip

An excellent and complex add on levels sets for JKA, this is a wonderful adventure made by a master level maker. It is hard to find so I have included a walkthrough as some of it is quite complex, but it is well worth the effort to progress and succeed. Enjoy this classic. There is also a greatly expanded version by the same author, see below:

Place the included bat in GameData Folder along with the entire Escape file containing the pk3 file for the game. This prevents the base folder from being altered by using the mod, something that can happen with inexperienced level makers. It is always good to keep a copy of the base folder seperate from the game directory just in case.

Start and run the game using the .bat file and start a new game, also included are several save games in case you have difficulty in starting it.

Escape from Yavin 4: The Lost Maps

Darrow Linder

316 MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20574753/SP+Escape+Yavin+4+The+Lost+Maps.zip

This is a greatly expanded version of the original level set of 30 levels, the authour has added a huge amount of content, and a large number of additional Levels to make this perhaps one of the largest ever created Level sets for the game yet.

Darrow says: 35 levels, 150000 brushes, 25000 lines of script,

40000 entities and 3000 hours of blood and sweat..and we believe him.

There is a walkthrough included and you are encouraged to play thru the entire series in order rather than use the chapter menu to skip around as you will miss the story development otherwise.

Archived