Home

Count Dooku-Style Lightsaber

R2-X2

If there already is a C.D.-Style Lightsaber mod, please tell and send me.

If not: Is anyone able to do this new lightsaber? And what do you think about the idea? If it is possible, can anyone Make a lightsabe like this:

Damage: 1-20

Bonuses when form "Makashi" is activated: +2 attack bonus, +3 attack bonus if enemy wields lightsaber, +1-8 damage if enemy wields lightsaber, +2 defense if enemy wields lightsaber.

Count Dooku-Style skin

• 4 weeks later...

It would not be just one file though. There would be many. The Movie Style Replacement Hilts might not be a problem but the USM would 'cause it has well over a thousand files in the mod. Finding the correct files would take time 'cause that would mean going through each and every file and checking to make sure they are the right ones and then testing them by themselves to see if they would work which sad to say they might not. I know that 'cause I've tried this with both mods and they crashed my game.

Ah. I was judging it based on a cursory glance at the icons. I didn't notice the ones for 115-119 are just the spike in front of the emitter. Been so long since I looked at USM that I thought maybe I had been mistaken when I made my original post. Opened 115 in GMax and it is indeed the Dooku saber.

116 is the red blade version, so that's the one to grab if you want to use it as a stand-alone replacement for the default red hilt. Just copy w_lghtsbr_115.mdl, w_lghtsbr_115.mdx, d_hilt00.tga, and d_hilt00.txi to your Override folder and rename the MDL and MDX to w_lghtsbr_002. If you want it as a custom hilt, that involves a bit more work.

OK, first download this: TSL_Count_Dooku_Standalone_Installer.7z (234 KB)

and extract it to a temporary directory. Extract the USM archive to another temporary directory. In USM's Override folder, copy the following files:

w_lghtsbr_116.mdl

w_lghtsbr_116.mdx

d_hilt00.tga

d_hilt00.txi

iw_sbrcrstl_116.tga

iw_lghtsbr_116.tga

and paste these into the tslpatchdata folder extracted from my archive. Then run TSLPatcher.exe.

The hilt is upgradeable and has a mild damage enhancement over the standard sabers. Putting the custom crystal in an ordinary saber will turn it into the Dooku saber. Place the items in your inventory via KSE or console command. The hilt is g_w_lghtsbr116 and the crystal is u_l_colo_116.

NOTE: My archive DOES NOT include any of the files from USM. It will not work unless you copy them across yourself manually, as instructed above. The UTIs included are of my own making.

===============================================

EDIT: Here's a version for K1 that uses oldflash's mod.

Download the installer: K1_Count_Dooku_Standalone_Installer.7z (249 KB)

and extract it to a temporary directory. Extract the Movie Style Hilts archive to another temporary directory. Copy the following files:

w_lghtsbr_006.mdl

w_lghtsbr_006.mdx

w_dooku.tga

w_dooku.txi

iw_lghtsbr_006.tga

and paste these into the tslpatchdata folder extracted from my archive. Inside that folder you'll find a batch file named PATCH.BAT. Run that by double clicking on it. This patches the MDL using a PPF patch and then changes a few file names. You can open it in Notepad/Wordpad if you want to see what it's doing. After that is done, run TSLPatcher.exe.

The hilt is upgradeable and has a mild damage enhancement over the standard sabers. Putting the custom crystal in an ordinary saber will turn it into the Dooku saber. Place the items in your inventory via KSE or console command. The hilt is g_w_lghtsbr80 and the crystal is g_w_sbrcrstl80.

NOTE: My archive DOES NOT include any of the files from oldflash's mod. It will not work unless you copy them across yourself manually, as instructed above. The UTIs and crystal icon included are of my own making. The PPF patcher is a freeware app.

• 5 years later...

Hope someone's still around. I'm playing K1 with the movie-style lightsaber mod, and am wanting to replace the palpatine saber with the dooku saber. I tried the Darth Parametric's advice (the first advice post) but the game crashes whenever I boot it up like that. I can't download the .7z file (looks like the site that hosted it's gone, or changed or something.) Can anyone help me out?

That's because that's what the original model/s use. What I supplied is merely an alternative way to utilise them. You'd need to decompile and then re-export the models from scratch using one of the normal sabers as a base. You'd have to do that yourself though - it's against the site's rules to distribute other people's work without their express permission (hence the convoluted nature of the files I supplied).

I think I followed that... so basically to work through it with KTool?

Btw, thank you for helping :) Here and with my TSL problem. Given that they're more or less the same, should I ask for further advice here or there?

Hmm... is there a guide? I do have KTool, though I have absolutely no experience using it (successfully that is.)

You don't use KTool. It requires MDLOps and GMax with the NWMax script.

The short version: decompile the original and custom models with MDLOps, import the custom model into GMax with NWMax, delete everything except the hilt mesh, import the original model into the same scene, link the blade planes to the custom hilt mesh and the hilt to the dummy, then delete the original hilt mesh. Export as a new ASCII model, then you'll have to do the replacer trick in MDLOps to get your binary model for the game.

Creating custom lightsabers is probably the most documented type of mod. You should find plenty of info in the tutorial section.

Wow... Okay. I'll try that. I may have to come back and ask a of questions ;)

I guess my first would be: by original model do you mean the original model of lightsaber the game used, or the palpatine model K1 movie style used?

Okay, did some initial searching and came across this. I'm making an assumption here, but does the TSL version lack the long blade? I'm making this assumption since the long blade was unique to Malak in the first game, and I don't remember seeing one in TSL the first time I played through it.

Archived