Home

Escape Yavin IV - The Lost Maps bug.

Gargoyle King

Hey there.

First of all, if this has been brought up then i apologise. :)

There exists a problem in certain levels where once load a save game after a certain point the game just freezes and you have to progress through the chapter's menu. For me this always happens after blowing the ION Cannon on Level 1_outside.

Now i realise the final version was still in beta but I was just wondering if there was any quick fix or workaround for this by editing some of the files in the .pk3 or is this unfixable?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You get it right after you get out of your cell at the start, and upgrades as you go along. Here is the opening sequence you need to follow to get your sabre:

A cinematic will start out. Watch carefully – there a hint here that will help you acquire a saber upgrade at the end of the second level. You start with nothing (literally – no force, weapon or anything). Just walk toward the bars and an explosion will occur, giving you a hole large enough to squeeze through. You'll get some force powers at this time. Immediately to your left is the blue force field that shorted out (during the startup cinematic) containing your saber. You best head there first to get your primary weapon for the game.

Hmm... after I leave my cell, I'm in small room, against dark jedi and another opponent, to my left and right are 2 locked cellmates. Directly above is a secret area containing ammo and medpack. In front of me are stairs and corridor to the left where I find two more opponents and free 3rd cellmate. This is where I get objective completed (Free your cellmates. Aquire lightsaber.), yet I still have no lightsaber.

If i remember right what i did was killed the first reborn i faced and took his saber,then i moved to a side room to my left from the cell i was in and there was a lightsaber,i exchanged the one i had for it,this mod has that built into it,where if you see a saber or hilt you want kill that person and its yours, mind you can only have one,so you get to constaly choose if you want to pick up a new saber,the only one you cant have or get is one of the coolest ones, and rosh has it.

hopefully chris will give you the rundown since imgoing from memory and its been a long time since i played this.i could be wrong,but thats what i remember.

Thanks for your help guys. This mod looks great and I really can't believe there's 25 or so levels, all completely free :)

I should just mention, I did kill at least 3 lightsaber wielders, but their lightsabers just vanish 2-3 secs after I kill them.

hmmm,that really should not be happening,like i said,everytime you face and kill an dark jedi or reborn,you move to the saber it will still be there and you get a question if you want to take this new saber or leave it.

are you playing this with a completly clean base folder?

i only had the assests from the game nothing else.

my only problem with this mod is there were to many "now what do i do"?moments,and even when i kinda had an idea of what to do its how your going to do it,that makes it a little fustrating,but its very enjoyable.

i really dont want to say too much anyway because your just starting this mod.

good luck.

ok i ran the start, and yes,you get your saber from the security holding box just to the left of your cell door as you come out, you need to use Action (the hand icon appears) to pull it out of that box area) and then you have it. You will need it to fight your way thru that rather nasty fight you are in almost immediately. Check and be sure you have no add on pk3 files in your data folder as Mike says, that can alter how the game will access the map levels for Escape. One way to be sure Yavin is running right is if you saw all the cut scenes at the start...there are quite afew....and make sure you saw the custom load screen too. :)

enjoy, it is a great level set, one of the best and I will be reviewing it soon here in the classics thread.

the security box is the blue box area to the right of the cell in this image...

85463628nc3.jpg

i was ale to play through without problems but i remember that in the read me for certain people it could freeze or just crash and you would have to load through the chapters menu,as far as i know not many people complained about this but the author knew about it beforehand leading me to belive its a bug related to hardware,these levels tend to be huge with massive amounts of npcs running around,and large vistas as well,you have a clean base right?and you have no problems running jka normally right?

the problem would happen to certain people ,but i never heard of a fix or a patch so i guess youll have to use the chapters menu.

unless chris knows of any fixes,that i dont?

Yeah, no problems running JA, clean base and specs more then meet the requirements by a lot.

I realise the final build never got out of Beta, but i thought as much i'd have to use the Chapter Menu to proceed. I've completed the mod before; just find the loading freeze thing annoying sometimes.

Thanks anyway! :)

that may have been the final version that did not get out of beta i believe, but not sure on the details. Glad it is working :)

Check to see if you got a authentic Read Me from the Author with that 300 MB version to make sure it is an authentic one and not someones rogue mod.

I'm stuck on level 7, where I have to destroy crystals guarded by those invisible hovering bugs. I've reached inner lake, destroyed crystals and was just on my way out, when I get jumped by 2 staffsaber-wielding Jawas! Seconds later, my screen freezes and I get windows error message. Is this going to happen even if I restart level ?

Archived