Home

R.I.P SithRevan...

LadyRevan

Sorry If this is inappropriate to post here, I didn't know where I'd be able to...

Hello everyone,

You probably haven't ever heard of me, my profile here is new, but I've been to this forum quite a few times. The name "SithRevan" might ring quite a few bells though. On this note... unfortunately, I have some bad news...

A little over a year ago now, SithRevan, who was my older twin brother, passed away. He had been under a great deal of stress at the time and was dealing with the fact that our grandfather was very ill. When our grandfather was deemed terminal he was unable to cope with the stress and on December 4, 2007 committed suicide. I won't go into details but they said his death was quick and fairly painless. May he rest in peace...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god... my sincere condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry and upset to hear this :( Rest in Peace SithRevan.

Update: I uhh... don't know what to make of this but SithRevan last logged in... today. I don't mean to be rude but... if this is some kind of joke... I really don't mean any offence but... ehm.... http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=144379?

Oh my god... my sincere condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry and upset to hear this :( Rest in Peace SithRevan.

Update: I uhh... don't know what to make of this but SithRevan last logged in... today. I don't mean to be rude but... if this is some kind of joke... I really don't mean any offence but... ehm.... http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=144379?

She had said that she logged into his account to tell his forum-friends this bad news.

It's not your place to question such a sad event, I think. Once you read this if you edit out your tasteless comment I'll delete my post.

_EW_

And if you check the last posting date it was 2007 - Speaking as both a Mod here, and a member of KotOR Files Staff, I had heard SithRevan had some personal problems, and think this thread is true. I would like to send my own, and extend the Staff's condolences to all of SithRevan's family. Further questioning of veracity of this thread will lead to sanctions from myself -- j7

Thank you all for your very kind words, I know my brother loved this place and loved you all. I'm just sorry it took me so long to relay this news to you, I know a lot of you were very worried when he ceased to show up on the boards.

And yes, I did log into his account due to wanting to notify his closest friends on here before the rest of the board, I thought it'd be only appropriate.

Again thank you for your kind words, I know he would've appreciated these very gracious gestures and would've wanted you to all know that he's in a better place.

Again thank you for your kind words, I know he would've appreciated these very gracious gestures and would've wanted you to all know that he's in a better place.
I'm glad you told us as I've been worried about Matt for such a long time. I worked with him for about a year on KotorFiles and enjoyed working with him so much that I was sad to see him get depressed, especially since I really cared about him very much.

SithRevan, who was my older twin brother, passed away. He had been under a great deal of stress at the time and was dealing with the fact that our grandfather was very ill. When our grandfather was deemed terminal he was unable to cope with the stress and on December 4, 2007 committed suicide.
I knew your brother had siblings, but I don't remember him telling me he was a twin, though he did seem very shy. I also knew of his personal struggles with his grandfather's illness and tried to talk him through it a few times. I consider him one of my dear friends. He was also one of my hardest working staff members I've ever had and the tributes he did for the site under my management will never be forgotten. I'm very sad to hear the tragic news.

Again, thanks for letting me know so I won't have to worry about him anymore. I would like to get in touch with you personally later on if all possible.

OMG...

He was such a great guy, and a terrific modder, too. He contributed a lot to this community. I always wondered what had happened to him. This is terrible...

Thank you for telling us. I know that dealing with a tragedy of this magnitude can't be easy for you, but for us at least, knowing is better than not knowing even when the news is this bad. My condolences to you and your family.

RIP. :(

Archived