Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh god, this Ben poster is going to be awesome! Can't wait to hang it on my wall!

I hear you on that definitely.

Hey I have a question for everyone. Is everyone getting their posters made up at posterXXL? I guess I came into this one a little late so I'm not sure how everyone has been feeling about the color quality of their posters they got from there. I read that some weren't happy with the high contrast that posterXXL did.

Also, what is the deal with printing a poster with the LucasArts logo on it? I would assume that there would be some copyright problems there, however I love the work of the original boxes with all of the logos on them (LucasArts and all) plus the border. Just curious, thanks!

I hear you on that definitely.

Hey I have a question for everyone. Is everyone getting their posters made up at posterXXL? I guess I came into this one a little late so I'm not sure how everyone has been feeling about the color quality of their posters they got from there. I read that some weren't happy with the high contrast that posterXXL did.

Well, my prints came exactly how they were supposed to look... not sure if international orders get printed some other place.

Also, what is the deal with printing a poster with the LucasArts logo on it? I would assume that there would be some copyright problems there, however I love the work of the original boxes with all of the logos on them (LucasArts and all) plus the border. Just curious, thanks!
Yeah, they'll sue you. Or maybe not. Most likely they just won't care. By the way, high-res version of the boxes (with borders and stickers) can be found at MojoArts, though I must say, I like my versions a lot better.

Yea I have seen the ones at MojoArts. I have actually been using pieces of the Monkey Island 2 box they have scanned there with a scan of my own. I don't know, I guess I just enjoy the logos on it, probably because that's what I have seen my entire life.

Within time I will make one and let everyone know how it comes out and if I ran into any problems with the LucasArts logo. A few of the images on the first page of this thread (Indiana Jones and the Day of the Tentacle) have the LucasArts logo on them, so we'll just see what happens I suppose!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Laserschwert,

Wow, it looks really nice.

I don't think I'd hang it though.

Full Throttle II never looked like a good game to me.

And I think if I'd hang it on my wall, I'd just be remembered of that.

I was just wondering about the film grain.

Is this something that you found in the original picture, or did you add it yourself?

It's not showing in my Lucas Arts Rogue Book, that's for sure.

I was just wondering about the film grain.

Is this something that you found in the original picture, or did you add it yourself?

It's not showing in my Lucas Arts Rogue Book, that's for sure.

Uhm, it is there in the original... but I've re-done it, to work at the high resolution (otherwise it just would've been big splotches).

Right now I'm working on this:

ftpre500.jpg

(Click image for a bigger preview)

I've rebuild the sky, I've rebuild the road and I've rebuild the logo with higher quality flames. Though maybe I should use the original logo as an alternative as well. I'm even thinking about "enhancing" the explosion a bit, but maybe that goes too far. I'm not even sure about the composition, as there's so much empty space. I guess I'll do another version with the framing used on the box.

I think the Full Throttle cover shot was originally intended to be landscape, like the first FT box. It was changed to a standard portrait box after the initial release, which is, I believe, why the composition looks a bit funky.

Haven't posted in a while but I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the finished Full Throttle poster you're making, Laserschwert. :)

The posters in this thread is fantastic!

Amazing work by the poster makers!

I'll check the prices with my local printer and see if they're willing to print even with the LucasArts logo.

Archived