Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the fate of Atlantis poster had some different dimensions from the others. I probably should have removed the some of credits to get the a little of the top in for balance, but regardless I still like how it came out for the most part.

Hey Laserschwert, halfway down this page, you mentioned a logoless Secret of Monkey Island poster.

Are you still working on that one? It would be nice to see that poster without the logos.

Yeah, but that one is on the backburner right now, as I'm missing material to fill in the gaps. Furhtermore I'm not really convinced that a logo-less poster would look that great, as there's basically nothing in the sky, leaving the poster with a huge empty area... I might fill it up with clouds or so, but the thing isn't a priority right now.

Sam & Max Hit the Road (Original artwork by Steve Purcell)

htrsmalllz7.jpg

Bigger preview

Full size download (60x75cm @ 200dpi)

Thank you for all these great posters!!

But could you please reupload the Sam & Max Hit the Road poster I quouted above?

Because it seems like that file has been deleted from fileload.us... :-P

Datei nicht gefunden - File Not Found

Edit:

As requested, Hit the Road with both logos

hittheroadposterlogosma.th.jpg

Full download

Hit_the_Road_-_Poster_logos.rar - 12.3 Mb

Btw, sanguinehearts did you use Laserschwert's version of the Sam & Max - Hit The Road poster when you added the logos? Since I wasn't able to download Laserschwert's version I can't verify this myself...

Sorry, I'll fix it this weekend.

Thank you.

I'm definitely going to order a printout of some of these posters, as soon as I could find a good and affordable (online) print shop here in Norway. Not sure if I'm going for a size of 30x40 cm or 60x80 cm though...

Keep up the good work!

Okay, it's fixed, plus I've added 2 more versions with the S&M- and the HTR-logo (my versions though).

And on another note: Is anyone able to take a clean 600dpi scan of the "Outlaws"-US-box? (my German box has several stickers and logos the US-box doesn't have).

Okay, it's fixed, plus I've added 2 more versions with the S&M- and the HTR-logo (my versions though).

Great! :-)

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (Original artwork by Steve Purcell)

mi2300pl2.jpg

Bigger preview

Full size download (60x80cm @ 200dpi)

Edit: Version 2 is now available on the opening post, thx to Laserschwert!

I have decided to do my two own versions of Laserschwert work, where I have added the number two and the monkey. I got the number and the monkey from the scan over at mojoart.mixnmojo.com

I first decided to do one version where I just put the monkey and the number two where it was placed on the original text. But I didn't like that the number covered a bit of LeChuck's hat so I made an other version where I've used GIMP's perspective tool to change the perspective on the number just a tad, so that it didn't cover the hat anymore...

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (Original artwork by Steve Purcell, original scan & clean-up by Laserschwert)

monkeyisland2posterwith.jpgmonkeyisland2posterwith.jpg#persp

Version 1: This is the first version where the perspective isn't altered at all

Bigger preview

Full size download - "Monkey Island 2 - Poster - With the number 2 and the monkey.jpeg.bz2" (60x80cm @ 200dpi) 26.3 MiB

Version 2: This is the second version where I changed the perspective a tad

Bigger preview

Full size download - "Monkey Island 2 - Poster - With the number 2 and the monkey (changed the perspective).jpeg.bz2" (60x80cm @ 200dpi) 26.3 MiB

I've done these modifications using GIMP on Linux. I'm linking to the original .xcf files if someone wants to do some more tweaks on these images.

Version 1: Monkey Island 2 - Poster - With the number 2 and the monkey.xcf.bz2 (60x80cm @ 200dpi) 57.9 MiB

Version 2: Monkey Island 2 - Poster - With the number 2 and the monkey (changed the perspective).xcf.bz2 (60x80cm @ 200dpi) 57.8 MiB

I've also included PNG files of just the monkey and the number (the second layer of the .xcf file), if someone wishes to tweak these images using some other software.

monkeyisland2onlythenum.th.png monkeyisland2onlythenum.th.png

Version 1: Monkey Island 2 - Only the number 2 and the monkey (resized).png.bz2 993 KiB

Version 2: Monkey Island 2 - Only the number 2 and the monkey (resized, changed the perspective).png.bz2 949.1 KiB

(Note, the images stored on imageshack.us is cropped to the size of the image (and, of course, only the preview images has a black background), while the .png.bz2 files stored on rapidspread has a resolution of 4724x6301, with a very big trasnparent background, so that you could very easily position the image on top of Laserschwert's original work)

Here is the original unresized version of the number and the monkey, a bit rough cut out, for those who would like to do the resizing themselfs (but then maybe you would like to do the cutout yourself?).

monkeyisland2onlythenum.th.png

Monkey Island 2 - Only the number and the monkey (unresized, rough cut out).png.bz2 4 MiB

(The Imageshack.us and the rapidspread.com versions are the same).

Btw, I didn't use any filters on my modifications or any color corrections...

PS! 7-Zip is a great file archiving program wich also opens up bz2 files. :-)

Thanks for the great work, Far^Side, I'll add the numbered version to the opening post. I think you'll make some people really happy ;) (Edit: done!)

Wow, thank you! :) I appreciate that you use my version on the opening post! :thmbup1:

Plus: I've added two versions of the "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine"-poster.

Nice!

Are we content with these Grim Fandango and Curse of Monkey Island posters? They look good, but they don't seem as high in quality as the Laserschwert posters.

Not really, I'd like to have a COMI canvas the same size as my other ones, with the same relative quality.

Are we content with these Grim Fandango and Curse of Monkey Island posters? They look good, but they don't seem as high in quality as the Laserschwert posters.

thanks Lagomorph01 and ScottSpork did a nice job on the grim posters but I would love to see one from Laserschwert as well of course :thmbup1:

First of all major Kudos to Laserschwert for providing these wonderful source files for plastering my living room with ;)

I have a question for the community though -- and please don't shoot me for it :) While the first Monkey Island is now my favourite adventure which I play on almost any electronic device I can get my hands on (and on which runs the ScummVM, something which kind of has become a must-have on the feature list for any new gadget for me), my first "love" actually was "Simon the Sorcerer" by Adventure Soft. Sadly, my original box disappeared somewhen during a move, and now I really regret not having a chance to get a high res scan of it myself. Does anyone of you maybe have that game still lying around and could provide me with a high resolution scan in something like the same size as Laserschwert's posters? I'd try my best to make that printable then as well :)

Welcome to the forums, foosel!

I also love Simon The Sorcerer. I think I have a box at home, but it's almost certainly the double pack box that had STS 2 on the cover as well. And it's at home, away from where I am at the moment, anyway.

Archived