Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... that SCUMM Bar sign was done by Bill Tiller, if I remember rightly. It might be possible to ask him for a larger version, if he still has the original (it was a long time ago).

Welcome to the forums, btw, MikeAlex!

Thanks Gabez, glad to be here!

I believe the artwork of the early lucasarts games was really beautiful and I feel very lucky that there are talented people like Laserschwert and FarSide willing to bring the artwork to their initial size. If I'm not mistaken, they were paintings initialy, right?

That thing is not big enough for me to scale it up, sorry.

Furthermore, if you want a real-size version of that sign, you should go the whole way and make it out of wood an metal (or have it made by a professional, of course), don't you think? That'd be damn cool...

Remi might know more about the original SCUMM Bar artwork -- and I might ask Bill once he's had a rest from our nagging (he's just given us loads of information on his CMI work for our Secret History Article which will be up soon).

And yeah, they were all paintings, mainly by Steve Purcell (creator of Sam & Max). The back cover original painting of Monkey Island 2 was even sold on eBay once.

@Laserschwert: Hehe...that's what I had in mind originally. I have not given up on the idea yet...Maybe I'll give it a try and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. :)

@Gabez: Sure, I'm a patient man, thanks! :D

Does anyone of you maybe have that game still lying around and could provide me with a high resolution scan in something like the same size as Laserschwert's posters? I'd try my best to make that printable then as well :)
Good news: I've won an eBay-auction on the first two Simon-games recently, and I'm still waiting for them to arrive. It's the two DVD-case releases which have the artworks pretty much intact on their fronts, so I'll try to make posters out of those.

Hey, first time posting on these forums.

I've been lurking around this thread a fair bit, I'm a real fan of your work. I saw you put out a call for a scan of the outlaws cover art, and after a fair bit of searching and some help from a friend, I managed to find this. Is it high-rez enough to posterize? (I would have just scanned it but I only have the jewel case).

Link

Regardless, I'll definitely be printing off at least one of the Monkey Island posters and one of the Indiana Jones' as well.

Thanks, that looks good! Not as high-rez as I wished, but still the best one until now. I'll try to use it.

Little update: I've received my copies of the two "Simon the Sorcerer"-games today and started with a little clean-up.

simsmallh.jpg

(Click for big)

I must say Laserscwhert, this is probably one of the more brilliant forumposts, and initiatives on the world wide web.

Thanks to you, and other contributors, I now have 1 Day of the Tentacle Star Wars poster and 1 Grim Fandango poster, both in A1 format, framed and hung on the wall in my living room. And the Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle 2 posters is ordered ! :) I will try to post pictures when I find a camera that actually does the posters justice.

But I had a question for you Laserschwert.

Earlier today I found the leaked teaser video for the (assumed) new project from Team ICO, named project Trico.

Link :

And I have to admit, I haven't been this close to tears since I saw "My Girl" at the age of 11.

I was wondering if you, like myself, are a big fan of ICO and/or Shadow of the Colossus ?

Is this something you could imagine doing in the future ?

ico_cover.jpg

(Click for bigger high-res version without logos)

cover!.jpg

(Click for larger high-res version without logos)

Thank you so much for your quick reply Laser ! And I am very grateful, and indeed lucky you have done the ICO one. It's going up on the wall ASAP!

Thank you thank you thank you !

Quick question, the "big" version of the Shadow of the Colossus thing, how big do you think I can print that up ? in the quality it is in now ?

Funnily enough I've already done that ICO-poster as a request on another forum:

The ico poster totally blows my mind! I worshipped this game from the day it has been released, thanks a lot for this contribution, laserschwert!

Would you mind telling me which forum it was where it was requested? Also, have you been doing posters for other games beside those you posted in this forum?

You're awesome!

Would you mind telling me which forum it was where it was requested? Also, have you been doing posters for other games beside those you posted in this forum?

It was the German movie-forum Cinefacts.de, so I doubt that'll be of much interest to you ;)

The Adventure-Treff is now hosting all of my posters, and only one of them "The Book of Unwritten Tales" isn't posted here, I guess.

Archived