Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by the way once uploaded I'm going to rename them to a format along the lines of...

laserschwert_gamename_version.jpg

The real benefit to that is that when someone downloads them to some random folder and they're ordered by name (or file extension) all your files will appear together in the folder. I'll do the same with my own scans too...

Of course they are. Laserschwert did a tremendous job with all of them.

It's just knowing that my beloved masterpiece exists in a taller format makes me mad.

Like watching a classic movie in Pan&Scan 1:1,78 when you know it should be viewed in 1:2,35

I'm planning on getting the MI2 poster for my new apartment and I really want to use a high class poster frame. So the original poster length is needed. As I said earlier, I might try to do it myself if I find the time. (between two moves and a new job)

So here is my first fiddling.

As you can see the original painting seems something akin to 94x60, not 80x60

And with the extended length it just feels more epic and pleasing to the eye.

Is there any way we can get that photo of the framed artwork in higher res?

And if I'm going to do it, I'll need your .PSD file Laserschwert, not the JPG.

mi2posterextended.jpg

I don't think there's a bigger version of the photo out there...

By the way, I've posted TIFFs of the MI-posters before upscaling right HERE, so, be my guest. (Although I've gotta say, without the MI2-logo to me the artwork looks much better composition-wise at 4:3, than it does with even more empty space in the frame.)

thanks! btw did you do the upscaling using normal Photoshop filters or something more advanced like those INSTANT HD filters?

EDIT: LOL it seems they deleted the file while I downloaded it. Can't get it anymore.

EDIT2: YUP seems to work again. Weird.

yeah the brush strokes are more evident but I like the subdued contrast on the left one better. The right one looks like he is addicted to sun banks :)
Actually while I agree the colours may be a little too saturated in the KIXX box, overall it makes the LEC one look very washed out.

I'm having a look at the moment as to what I can do with the textless versions supplied by Laserschwert (which to begin with used my scans) - especially in regards to the third tree in Monkey1 (which is difficult - or at least I'm finding difficult). I already repaired the shape of the skull:

skull1.jpgskull2.jpg

which was relatively easy...

I've uploaded my KIXX scan now to http://scummgames.net/box.htm ...

It's 600dpi (rather than 1200dpi) - and no, no detail has been lost in this process (I had to do it at this level to preserve the fine detail correctly).

Here's a comparison to show you just how much more detail is in the KIXX box:

guybrushlec.jpgguybrushkixx.jpg

Ok dude these are huge!:eek: I wouldnt be surprised if they gave me nightmares! :confused:

I already repaired the shape of the skull

Well, skulls aren't perfectly round but then again, I don't know what it's supposed to look like so you could be right :)

And Laserschwert, did you consider using

090609monkeyislandbox.jpg

as a guideline for the clouds in your poster? (maybe you already did that but I just saw this and thought it would be a good idea)

I saw this thread a few weeks ago and I instantly went to posterxxl and printed them out. I was, however, saddened by the fact that there wasn't a Curse of Monkey Island poster... so I made my own. I figure this is the best place to post it (please be kind to my server).

mi3_tn.jpg

Bigger preview

Full size download (60x80cm @ 200dpi)

I also took it upon myself to do two versions of a Grim Fandango poster. One with the slogan, and one without the slogan.

grim-fandango-no-slogan_tn.jpg

Bigger preview

grim-fandango-slogan_tn.jpg

Bigger preview

I hope you guys like them... I haven't received them back from the printers yet, so I don't know how they look at full size...

I'll accept any constructive criticism...

Does anyone have the Grim Fandango image mentioned here? There was also apparently an EMI poster that someone made as well. The download links aren't working so if anyone has them and can upload for me I'll appreciate it! (I know Laserschwert is intending to do all the posters, and he's posted WIPs of EMI already, but these will tide me over until his are available.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Archived