Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chomey? Chorney? I've googled, but found nothing... any guesses?

Lol. "chorney art" puts him right at the top of Google (at least for me). It's interesting to note that he seems to have worked on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade... Did he do the final poster art? If he didn't, then Drew Struzan owes him a thanks!

Lol. "chorney art" puts him right at the top of Google (at least for me). It's interesting to note that he seems to have worked on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade... Did he do the final poster art? If he didn't, then Drew Struzan owes him a thanks!

Yeah, I don't know why I failed at googling him... Crusade's final poster art was done by Struzan, but who knows who "got inspired" by whom?

Anyway, the layout of the thing was pretty much determined by the ad:

dig_magazine_ad.jpg

It's a pity that it's cropped on the right side, so it can't be centered. There is a landscape-version of the ad, which works a bit better composition-wise:

thedigad.jpg

Let's hope Steve will reply, and fix me up with the full artwork.

I think it's pretty clear that Drew S. must have at least seen Steven's C's stuff... it has so much in common. Also, it's interesting to note that SC did some Indy Crystal Skull stuff. Maybe they just paid him for some ideas and DS takes over the rest?

What makes you think that Chorney did those drawings first? For all we know they could've been made AFTER Struzan made the main movie poster, and Chorney was asked to mimic that style for other advertisement stuff... they could've even be made years later, for advertising merchandise, video-releases and whatnot...

I somehow doubt that Struzan was the type to use other people's concepts... it was done to him with the "Young Indy" video covers, and he hated that.

I have already tried to upscale that Purcell artwork a bit, but I'll wait until that eBay-auction is a couple of days or weeks older, so that no one feels ripped off (especially not Steve). There are two more Purcell-concepts in the "Rogue Leaders" book, but one of them (that painting of Wally's ship) is a double spread, and impossible to scan.

Archived