Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

I second the idea of a separate thread for us to show off our walls. It would make it less cluttered and easier to find things throughout this thread, such as the user submitted posters. Maybe we could even move the user submitted posters to the front page as well?

On another note, does anyone know the name of the font that is used on the Dig cover where it says "A deep space adventure bla bla bla..."? I used to have it years ago, and now I can't find it.

EDIT: now that I think about it, as for the separate thread, all someone would have to do is start their own thread and put it on here. Maybe Laserschwert could put a link to it on the first post as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey - was browsing for Monkey Island nostalgia and stumbled upon this diamond in the rough - gotta say that some of the work that's been done here is unbelievable. The down side is I may spend a small fortune getting some of this stuff printed out and framed, but it's clearly going to be worth it! Laserschwert and anyone/everyone else involved, you're all legends :)

I did notice a couple of Full Throttle posters by spiralout which seem to be dead links now (post quoted below). I don't suppose anyone managed to grab a copy of them before they went down? I'd thoroughly appreciate a copy of them!

Keep up the good work :)

I've made a new Full Throttle poster based on issue 8 of the Adventurer. This took a long time to make. I basically had to repaint everything. Enjoy!

With logo (200 dpi)

fullthrottleposter2smal.jpg

Download: http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=9jcnwljym7

No logo (200 dpi)

fullthrottleposter2nolo.jpg

Download: http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=9woygqx12b

Thank you so much, Virtureal!

I can hardly wait to see what else arrives on this thread in the coming months/years. Think I'm definitely going to have to get one or two of the Monkey Island posters printed up on canvas once I find some frames awesome enough to house them :) Looks like all eyes will be on eBay for a while :D

• 2 weeks later...

D'oh! I thought it should be canvas to go in a frame for some reason, my bad. You've probably just saved me a small fortune - where do your talents end? :D What kind of printing should I get if I was to stick it in a frame like this (but appropriately sized):

mi2.jpg

Weeell, it's not like you can't frame canvas prints... hell, Steve's original is painted on canvas (I guess) and is framed... oil paintings from hundreds of years of art are hanging in museums... framed...

By the way, I think it depends on the frame, what kind of painting you can put into them... and I don't know heck about frames (so this is probably an indication about where my talents end :p)

I was going through my (very) old laptop's hard drive and I found this high-res Grim Fandango image from a few years back and uploaded it to google.

GrimFandangoNoText

I didn't make it but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it. It's a bit fuzzy but I guess it would make do for posters until Laserschwert can make an awesome version.

FramedGFBWPoster

Though that poster has the text on it so I might root around and see if I can find that version.

Archived