Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just that a lot of fans have waited on the scan, and when the poster have gotten scanned there is no progress on it. If you do not want to work on it, can't you release the unfinished one so others can try.

Don't get me wrong, I love your work with these beautiful posters, but a lot of Grim Fandango fans have been eagerly awaiting the possibility of getting that great poster on their walls, and it just seems like the progress has reached a dead end.

It's just that a lot of fans have waited on the scan, and when the poster have gotten scanned there is no progress on it. If you do not want to work on it, can't you release the unfinished one so others can try.

Don't get me wrong, I love your work with these beautiful posters, but a lot of Grim Fandango fans have been eagerly awaiting the possibility of getting that great poster on their walls, and it just seems like the progress has reached a dead end.

:eek:

hey hey... rushing favours is rude.

By the way, here's what I did while running this project head first into a dead-end:

nwfinalsm.jpg

(Click for a slightly bigger version)

Some of the steps (click for big):

nw0th.jpg nw1th.jpg nw2th.jpg nw3th.jpg

First I've created the composition in Photoshop with characters and objects rendered in 3dsmax (and some photos, like the sky and the ocean), which already took quite a while. The next step was basically tracing the image with a pencil, although it sounds more easy than it was. The third image shows the whole thing further down the process, with the pencil drawing color corrected and highlights drawn in as well. I've also added some artificial grain, to fake more detail and blend the pencil lines a bit better. Coloring is mostly based on the initial comp, with a few tweaks. As a finishing touch some brush strokes are overlayed and the credits and logo added.

When I started this project I actually wanted to do a poster for each ToMI-episode, but after realizing how much work it was (even though I did use three finished 3D-characters from my other poster), I still have to think about that :D

57143452.jpg

when released at full resolution ;)

Yeah, I'm thinking about holding these back until all five are finished (shouldn't take longer than a year though :D).

BTW, it isn't that big. Since I drew it for real I did it at A4-size, which was more convenient. Printing it much bigger would probably look just stupid, with the massive pencil lines and all. But I guess when putting up all five, it's better if they are at this handy size.

Archived