Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

The primer layer is layed out to work specifically with the image underneath. As you can see in the BIG PREVIEW the radial brush strokes are centered on the wind machine, whereas they are a little more "swirly" in the sky and the ocean. It's not supposed to follow any details of the image, but to provide an interesting base texture.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Copying this over from the ScummVM forums to gather interest from the mojo crowd:

I've been collecting graphics for a remake of the 'Last Crusade' adventure game cover.

I have enough artwork to reproduce the logo at a nice resolution('INDY' + 'INDIANA JONES and the Last Crusade' Texts). I put this through vectormagic and have a decent clean logo but I am struggling to reproduce the gradient used on the original texts.

I have no idea what the texture behind the actors is.

While the cover is not painted and not as nice as the others, I wanted to gather interest in this before I spend money on a poster I found which has a higher quality version of the photo of Sean Connery and Harrison Ford that was used for the game cover. I would scan this in as a base for the other art.

The original game cover can be seen here http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/08/1/3/0/40428883295023756.png

The poster I am considering buying is here

http://www.nexussix.be/SITE6/P1010471.JPG at 40x60CM

I would buy this and have it scanned for the purpose of re-creating the LC cover at a higher resolution.

Though, that said, recently this high res digital copy of the photo showed up online, is that good enough for a reproduction?

http://img222.imageshack.us/i/1258927052110.jpg/ at 2010x3000

I'd like the poster but can only justify this if there are others that would like it too. :)

<delurk>

First of all would like to thank Laserschwert for all the hard work that's been done here!

Today I received two framed 30x40cm posters from PosterXXL, the detail in the posters is outstanding but unfortunately they have been printed out far too dark. Taking a photo, even with the flash off, doesn't really show how dark they are in real life.

mi2.jpgmi3jd.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality photos but hopefully its enough to see what I mean. The MI2 one is just about right with the correct lighting in the room, but the MI3 has come out the worst (ironically since it looks the brighter of the two original images). A couple of photos with the flash on make them look so much better:

mi2flash.jpgmi3flash.jpg

May have to experiment with sending a brighter image to them next time.

Nah they were definately dark prints, got two new prints from posterjack today and they look MUCH better, can actually see stuff now. :) Will try get a comparison photo or two up.

EDIT: Photos below. Excuse the bad photos again, taken with a camera phone. They don't really do the new prints justice, but they do show the difference between the two. PosterXXL on the left, PosterJack on the right.

mi2new.jpg

mi3new.jpg

I thought at first the MI2 poster was maybe a tad too bright, but compared it to the original JPG and it appears spot on. Also got a MI1 print from Posterjack while I was at it. :)

Archived