LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any clue about the origin of this kind of MI2 poster:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/monkey-island-lechucks-revenge-juliste/190163210

The seller only said that he obtained it from some foreign country and the paper is thickier than normal print paper.

There is white broders around the poster.

Does anyone know where the same image can be found?

Same image than on the game box cover, but no system requirements and the LucasArts Lucasfilm games text.

Could this be an official poster of some sort?

The seller also sold the same kind of poster of MI1 a month ago:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/185527735

Thanks!

Shame I provide Grim fandango poster scan here for everyone and now people selling cheap prints on ebay passing them off as real lol.

I'm sorry about that as well, but after all there's no way to prevent them from doing that. But also I think it doesn't really matter if people on eBay are making money off of them, or the online poster services do... only the latter ones have (probably) higher quality. To me the most important thing is to have these artworks get out there for people to enjoy.

And thanks so much again for going through the hassle of having it scanned :) I'm sure people appreciate it as much as I do!

I'm sorry about that as well, but after all there's no way to prevent them from doing that. But also I think it doesn't really matter if people on eBay are making money off of them, or the online poster services do... only the latter ones have (probably) higher quality. To me the most important thing is to have these artworks get out there for people to enjoy.

And thanks so much again for going through the hassle of having it scanned :) I'm sure people appreciate it as much as I do!

Laserschwert exactly! I'm excited all the Grim Fans get to enjoy the poster. There was no way I could hold out too much longer without having everyone else enjoy it as well. Thanks again for you commitment to get all these great rare posters up for us. Its a thankless job but you are making many people happy! Cheers :thmbup1:

• 4 weeks later...

This thread reminded me that I have an original 1993 LucasArts poster for Super Empire Strikes Back, printed on very dense cardboard. It's been stored in a poster tube with my other Star Wars posters since the late 90's; Slight edge wear and minor surface scratches due to age, but otherwise in good condition. If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to part with it for a reasonable price. PM if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe how bad I've let ManiacZombies get. And stopping halfway through a rebuild of the site has left it even worse. Ugh! Work for Saturday.

I don't seem to have a higher rez version of that bulletin board than what Mixnmojo has, but I do have a document of all the text on the board.

Oh, and for fun, lets look at the less exciting bulletin board from NES.

nesposter_small.jpg(Click for large, blue, version)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I only recently found this thread and want to thank you for the great work with the posters. I've already had a few printed and love them.

I have a small request if anyone has time, if not no big deal.

For the Monkey Island 2 posters, could someone take the logo (+number) from the logo version of the poster and impose it on the non logo version of the poster. I know this seems redundant but the no logo version of the poster has more detail and better coloring than the two versions with the logo. I really want to print out the best image for my poster as MI2 is my favorite game, but also want the logo on it. If not, or this isn't possible, thanks anyway.

Hi, I only recently found this thread and want to thank you for the great work with the posters. I've already had a few printed and love them.

I have a small request if anyone has time, if not no big deal.

For the Monkey Island 2 posters, could someone take the logo (+number) from the logo version of the poster and impose it on the non logo version of the poster. I know this seems redundant but the no logo version of the poster has more detail and better coloring than the two versions with the logo. I really want to print out the best image for my poster as MI2 is my favorite game, but also want the logo on it. If not, or this isn't possible, thanks anyway.

Nah. While you're right that the logoless version looks a bit better, I doubt it's worth the effort, as the logo version till looks fine when printed. Also I'm lazy ;)

Hi, I would like to print out the Simon the Sorcerer ones, but no link works. Could you upload them again?

There are links to direct downloads at the top of the opening post.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived