Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm sure you folks are aware of the "Doublefine Adventure" fundraiser being done by Tim Schafer and Co.

A couple cool poster-related reward tiers:

PLEDGE $100 OR MORE

Original "Double Fine Adventure" poster (suitable for framing) exclusive to the campaign, special thanks in the game’s credits, and all previous reward tiers. (Posters will be shipped for free in the US. Please add an additional $10 to your pledge for international shipping)

Estimated Delivery: Aug 2012

PLEDGE $250 OR MORE

"Double Fine Adventure" Poster autographed by Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert, and the rest of the design team, and all previous reward tiers.

Hey all!

First of all, great artwork and talent being shared here. I would like to thank the community, specially Laserschwert!, for sharing all this awesome stuff with everyone.

That said, I wanted to know if anyone has a huge poster-printable image of the amazing Edisons painting.

http://mixnmojo.com/media/galleries/Steve-Purcell-Paintings

I have a (43.8 mb, 5906 × 8858 pixels) jpg of the image in the link above (no frame, but still with the bottom-left brightness) that I don't know where I got from (it was a long time ago).

You can see a cut from it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/e3mx6f

Does anyone have a better version of this or is any Photoshop-wizard willing to improve it (remove brightness, ...)? I can upload the huge jpg somewhere if necessary.

It was made from THIS. But the quality isn't really enough to go poster size with that. At least not fulfilling my quality standards.

WOW, it's incredible you could take so much resolution (even though it looks a bit fake) from a much smaller image. Technology is impressive! :)

Does anyone else with Photoshop skills willing to try and remove the flare?

I don't know how one can do it, but if some one gives me a few indications, or hints me to the tools/or a tutorial of how to do it I will try it myself!

I've added the "Grim Fandango" mural to the opening post.

grimmural300.jpg

:drop2:

That is gorgeous, mister. One more thing to take to the print!

Why is it scaled up to 3000x4197 without any special filtering? There's no point in making the file just bigger with that - Firefox itself could scale it that way. That looks just terrible... and speaking of terrible: I still think it's a terrible poster. Of course, that's not your fault, it looked terrible to begin with (although putting Purcell's Guybrush face in there doesn't really help).

And I still don't understand why they used that version (which looks like they couldn't decide whether they want a "realistic", or a cartoony look for the characters), when they already had a cartoony version, which looked much more consistent:

mi2se.jpg

But enough with the ramblings and thanks for the effort ;)

Archived