Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Nur-Ab-Sal pendant was made by a talented Indy prop-maker in California. The eyes and mouth contain a phosphorescent dye so the pendant blazes with a fiery green glow in the dark.

7032364245_65f1d0af4a_b.jpg

You can see a more detailed view of the pendant here: http://newsradiofanfic.angelfire.com/pendant.jpg (cut-and-paste URL because of stupid Angelfire 'roadblock' link)

I built the horned idol myself about 8 years ago. The outer skin is real copper, but the inside is resin-filled, with a cylinder of sand in the base for a good, solid heft. The whole statue probably weighs close to five pounds. I recently acquired the stone disk set from an artisan in Italy who specializes in Indiana Jones prop replicas. He made them in a very limited run, and it cost me a small fortune, but it's the crown jewel in my FOA collection. The entire prop is fully-functional, and the disks can be dialed on the spindle exactly like in the game (except the spindle button does not press down). The base measures 15 and 1/2 inches square, and about 4 inches in height with all three stones stacked onto the spindle. Truly a work of art.

7035375511_d7e95e4452_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Funnily enough I've already done that ICO-poster as a request on another forum:

ico300r.jpg

Full Size Download (with linen texture)

Full Size Download (without it)

Would it be possible to get new links for these posters? (the quoted links, as well as the mirrors in another part of the thread, are dead.)

Overall, great work, Laserschwert! I love that you mkae these and I've downloaded quite a few of them. :)

Here are new links to the ICO posters:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nb6kxy5eu1f34qb

http://www.mediafire.com/?eccs67rribcujf5

Also, I've obtained a great scan of the MI2 artwork from a German magazine which had it as its centerfold poster (big thanks to 90sGamer!). I've started some slight cleanup and color correction, both with the original coloring and with my darker version (click for full size views):

mi2a.jpg mi2b.jpg

Strangely it does look different from the box scan, which has some more highlights painted in and slightly different coloring (which I haven't tried to recover, so I don't know if it's "there" or not).

Edit: Updated with a few more clean-ups.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, I've obtained a great scan of the MI2 artwork from a German magazine which had it as its centerfold poster (big thanks to 90sGamer!). I've started some slight cleanup and color correction, both with the original coloring and with my darker version

Very nice! I really like the detail on the ship and the ropes under the signature. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Are we still looking for a high res scan of this? I have a physical copy since my wife preordered tales of monkey island for me a while ago.

I was playing around with an idea earlier today: what would Steve Purcell's TMI artwork look like with a classic-style Monkey Island logo? I knocked this up pretty quickly - I know I did the worst most-rushed clone job on the banner in history, but there's no point working on it until there's a higher resolution scan available.

TMIclassic.png

I should say, this is just for fun - whilst I do prefer the classic-style logo, I have no problem with the new one either.

I found this thread googling Grim Fandango, and your posters came up. I am so impressed by the huge mural, I've been hoping to find a full version of the image for ages (as my disk case isn't complete) and you've created an enormous poster form! Thanks! I am so excited about getting these printed some time, assuming that's OK?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Weeell, it's not like you can't frame canvas prints... hell, Steve's original is painted on canvas (I guess) and is framed... oil paintings from hundreds of years of art are hanging in museums... framed...

By the way, I think it depends on the frame, what kind of painting you can put into them... and I don't know heck about frames (so this is probably an indication about where my talents end :p)

Well, it may have taken a while for me to find the frame that I wanted, but finally, I did, and here she is!:

mi13wz.jpg

Once again, a massive thank you to Laserschwert/everyone else involved. It didn't cost a lot to do, (£3 in total actually, and that was just for the wood to make the mounting frame out of), but this is now one of my most valued possessions, and will probably turn into an heirloom down the line :D

By the way, here's what I did while running this project head first into a dead-end:

nwfinalsm.jpg

OH, MY, GOD!! That is stunning! I'll be sure to keep visiting by here with hope for if/when these are finished. As always, unbelievably good work. I, like many others I'm sure, definitely owe you a mug'o'grog or two!!

I found this thread by accident and i am totally thrilled, really great and awesome Project!!

I wonder, do you still Need boxart to scan from lucasfilm games? I still own a original copy of "Nightshift", "Battlehawks" and "Their finest hour". Also the "Indiana Jones Action Game" if needed for reproduction (but only for lend) ;)

I did, and here she is!

She surely is a beauty... uhm... why exactly is your frame a "she" anyway?

I wonder, do you still Need boxart to scan from lucasfilm games? I still own a original copy of "Nightshift", "Battlehawks" and "Their finest hour". Also the "Indiana Jones Action Game" if needed for reproduction (but only for lend) ;)
Well, it's always helpful to get scans, but sending boxes around the world is usually too much trouble ;) But if you have a chance to get them scanned, I'd be happy to work with those!

She surely is a beauty... uhm... why exactly is your frame a "she" anyway?

Good question! Basically, I can't refer to such an important item as "it", and I'd feel slightly wrong referring to something so beautiful as a "he", if that makes any sense?! Yeah, I'm a bit odd.

Well, it's always helpful to get scans, but sending boxes around the world is usually too much trouble But if you have a chance to get them scanned, I'd be happy to work with those!

Sure, from Stuttgart to Cologne, could be troubeling for me precious ;).

I can scan those at work, but i am a bit of a noob reagarding HQ-Scans. When you tell me what do you need exactly, and which options i have to make, i will be happy to give it a try.

Archived