Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hehe yeah, I value it as an artifact :D

a guy from Spain was crafting these a while back , I had found him on ebay. I can dig my old emails if you want to contact him. Also, I am still looking for the necklace.

That's okay, I just thought it was extremely awesome, especially with all of those great posters in the backdrop.

Actually its both.

Look at this image, it is your image plus parts from top and bottom of the image you linked to me in post #236.

Do you think it is possible to make it look good? The image I borrowed parts from is pretty low res.

akhakhlaa.jpg

Here are my scans from the Monkey2 Madness "cover" found in the LEC Archives Manual:

http://scummgames.net/m2madness.htm

You'll see they're not great quality, but it is what you asked for... and I'll take my hat off to you if you can use that to complete the "poster". On a related note, I will (when I get the opertunity) create a page with all of these covers/posters available for direct download - so long as Laserschwert can point me in the direction of available dfownloads for all of them (I've noticed some DL's are missing).

It's greyscale in the Archives Manual - and it doesn't have a lot of detail because it's printed on a PAGE of the manual (rather than on a glossy cover like the Monkey Island 1 CD-ROM Booklet).

On a related note, here are some photos of Actual MI1/2 posters (not derived from Box scans). The first MI1 one you all know about, but the second is the one LEC sent out to fans (I don't have one, and I curse at passing up my opportunity to get one).

http://scummgames.net/posters.htm

The Monkey Island 2 one is less cropped even than SPAFF's (actually, I'm fairly certain that it's a photo of the original painting).

It wasn't a dig at you, I was just making the point that I think it would be hard to get a decent image from it, unfortunately.

I'm not sure it's even worth trying to squeeze every bit of artwork back onto it, though. Cropping the top, for example, improves the look of the artwork (as it was intentionally blank for the logo to fit in).

I'll take my hat off to you if you can use that to complete the "poster".

Obviously you forgot about how it all started... over at the "ridiculously large cover scans"-thread... I've used your B&W-scan of the manual together with that photo of the painting to clean up your box-scan.

On a related note, I will (when I get the opertunity) create a page with all of these covers/posters available for direct download - so long as Laserschwert can point me in the direction of available dfownloads for all of them (I've noticed some DL's are missing).

Sanguinehearts was kind enough to host them on his webspace too. I've added the link to the top of the opening post.

A few new teasers:

mi4preva300.jpg mi4prevb300.jpg mi4prevc300.jpg mi4prevd300.jpg

(Click for big)

Obviously you forgot about how it all started... over at the "ridiculously large cover scans"-thread... I've used your B&W-scan of the manual together with that photo of the painting to clean up your box-scan.
Actually, I have your old image files from back then. I don't remember uploading the manual cover, ahh still. The dark background on the MI2 was something I did, the original image is much brighter.

Actually, I have your old image files from back then. I don't remember uploading the manual cover, ahh still. The dark background on the MI2 was something I did, the original image is much brighter.

Yep, I got inspired by your coloring, so I used it for my version as well.

Got mine hung! (Thumbails, click to enlarge)

th_DSCF8343.jpg

th_DSCF8344.jpg

Since the dimensions are a bit different for Monkey Island 1, 3, and 4, I'll be getting those in 16x20 and putting the three of them together.

I've got tons of really high res video game related artwork but Laserschwert's stuff definitely made me jump for joy.

Does anyone have any 300-600dpi stuff from Shadow of the Colossus, Psychonauts, the Shin Megami Tensei series, or artwork by Yosh1taka Amano (Final Fantasy 1 thru 6) -- had to say Yosh1taka 'cause the forum censors Yo****aka

Also, I was wondering if I could make a request or two: (Thumbnails, click to enlarge--refresh the Castlevania one and it'll come up.)

th_artbook11.jpg

th_FinalFantasyVI_jap_face.jpg

And since I'm making a request, it's only fair that I give something back.

Here's the best of what I have in terms of HR Video Game imagery. This .rar (password is 'lucasarts' sans quotes) has a bunch of Metal Gear Solid artwork, some Brutal Legend key art, a bit of Final Fantasy stuff, some Nintendo stuff, a few images from Okami, and Street Fighter IV artwork of Ryu.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag79ba1/n/HighResVGStuff_rar

Keep up the fantastic work! There's still loads of wall space in my man cave!

Laserschwert, I'd still appreciate if you could upload the logoless MI1 one without the filters over it (but without the "clouds" in the sky), and if possible the MI2 one before recolourization. I have just finished retouching my scans for upload, which I'll post shortly...

Laserschwert, I'd still appreciate if you could upload the logoless MI1 one without the filters over it (but without the "clouds" in the sky)

Without what filters exactly?

and if possible the MI2 one before recolourization.

I don't have that, I'm afraid. I did the colorization first, and then retouched everything at that color-scheme.

Archived