Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not to interrupt the voodoo/vooboo/voojoo/etc. conversation, but I just figured that I would share my Full Throttle poster that I finally had printed up.

I had it done at posterXXL and decided that I would experiment with the colors on it since a lot of people have said that they are just too contrasty from there. I backed off the contrast 15 points (according to the Gimp) and sent that in. The picture I got back was about as close to the original as it could get.

Here is a picture of it all framed and done!: (keep in mind, my camera actually makes the picture look less contrasty than it really is in real life, hah you'll just have to trust me that it came out nearly perfect!)

dscn3073-scaled.jpg

I got the frame for $9.17 at Michaels today, marked down from $16.99 too!

Thanks Laserschwert!

Ok, I really hope you add the left-side part
I'll probably add it at some point, it doesn't look too difficult.

BTW, what do you mean with better quality? Are you using a scan from the KIXX box?

No I'm not. I am using my original scan, resized to 300dpi but cleaned, filtered and with some pretty advanced sharpening filters that clarify the detail in the original artwork better. I've also cranked up the saturation and contrast. Here's a sample:

artworkold.jpgartworklaser.jpgartworknew.jpg

First image is how it appears on my MI1 DVD cover. The colour and tone of the image was deliberate - but still the image suffers from a lot of noise and rather fuzzy and appears out of focus. The second image is Laserschwert's - which I believe is from my scan as well but with different filters used on it. The last image is how the new version looks. The image is sharp, does not contain much noise and the colours are vibrant.

when I pressed the botton to go back a page I accidentely pressed the one that sends me to the first page.

Oh man you're not the only one, I do that all the time. :)

Try not to take what people say to heart too much. I'd interpret LordTrilobite and Scapetti's posts as gentle ribbing rather than mean spirited derision.

I think the film grain may be a little exessive, so yeah I plamdi's better. Perhaps a version in between would be best looking.

Well I used the same cropped image he used but if you look at Laserschwert's full resolution up close, it's not as fuzzy anyway. Personally I think Laserschwert's is fine just the way it is!

Here is Laser's actual version:

Old:artworklaser2.jpgNew:artworknice2.jpg

Archived