Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were right to get pissy.

First Purple Tentacle posts "His" new poster. It wasn't until his double-posting did he mention that he didn't make it. But again, never did he link people to the larger version or give credit to the person who made it, which would be Javier Burgos.

The point of this thread is to create new, or large versions of LucasArts (or similar) posters. Posting a 200X300 pixel image really wouldn't look good made poster-size.

You were right to get pissy.

First Purple Tentacle posts "His" new poster. It wasn't until his double-posting did he mention that he didn't make it. But again, never did he link people to the larger version or give credit to the person who made it, which would be Javier Burgos.

The point of this thread is to create new, or large versions of LucasArts (or similar) posters. Posting a 200X300 pixel image really wouldn't look good made poster-size.

He never claimed it was his own poster... he just posted a small picture of a cool Monkey Island poster someone made, where's the harm in that?

You seem to be aware of the fact that the things you're picking on are invalid (you made it seem like you thought he was claiming to have made the poster, but then made it clear that you didn't actually think that, and I'm sure you don't seriously think that he was intending for us to print the thumbnail off and put it on our walls). Don't create problems where there are none, it just creates unnecessary tension and bad feelings in the forum.

He never claimed it was his own poster... he just posted a small picture of a cool Monkey Island poster someone made, where's the harm in that?

You seem to be aware of the fact that the things you're picking on are invalid (you made it seem like you thought he was claiming to have made the poster, but then made it clear that you didn't actually think that, and I'm sure you don't seriously think that he was intending for us to print the thumbnail off and put it on our walls). Don't create problems where there are none, it just creates unnecessary tension and bad feelings in the forum.

Are you sure? :confused:

Just saying... I agree with Scummbuddy, that's all

Where is the harm in writing the artists name under his work?

Where is the harm in writing the artists name under his work?

Where's the harm in not? I'm not at all saying that he shouldn't have written the artist's name under the image, but the fact that he didn't doesn't warrant all this moaning. Seriously, I've never seen so much uproar over something that barely qualifies as an event.

But filling this thread with eventless posts (including discussions about them, like you do right now) isn't really helping to keep the thread on track. And this thread should be about poster creation, reference material for them, techniques to make them and so forth... and I WOULD have understood if purple-tentacle had posted that poster with a question about it, or the idea to turn it into a big poster. But simply posting it without any idea behind it is technically spamming.

I don't want this thread to turn into a "post anything that's remotely related to LucasArts and posters"-thread. Let's be a little more productive.

purple_tentacle: I can't speak for anyone else here, but I for one am getting pretty fed up by your crap. You never listen to any of the advice you are given and keep ranting on like a child.

You should apologize to Laserschwert.

And yes, stop that god darn double posting!

MadMattUK: I suggest you buy a mint copy and have it scanned then. They're probably only 40-80 bucks on ebay.:p

I have a box but it's a bit scuffed and has a sticker. Don't know if it would help much:(

You make a good point, i might message some of the sellers on ebay (btw i saw prices in excess of 200bucks) to see if they are willing to scan their box in for a buck or two.

Archived