Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Why would we want hi-res versions of those pictures? They're just from some hypothetical movie that may or may not have been in development at some point and may or may not have featured people you may or may not wish to refer to as "pirates". Nothing to do with any adventure games...

I've just watched EA's press-conference (it was a live stream from GamesCom), and Tim Schafer was there presenting "Brütal Legend".

And now I'm hoping that he's there all week, as I'll be there on Thursday... he could sign one of my posters! I'm way too excited now... :D

You should go one step further and cover his face in ink and then press a piece of paper on it so you get a print of his face. It's better than a signature and he'd be completely up for it.

At least ask him if it'd be okay... (carry a bottle of ink with you in case he says yes, which would be awesome and you'd be famous and he'd sell loads more games)

I've changed my mind about the posters, and now I've printed a few 4x6 inch cards (10x15 cm), with the artworks from "Day of the Tentacle" (the normal one and the SW-one), "Full Throttle", "Grim Fandango" and "Brütal Legend". It's a little more portable... Edit: I've found a smaller FT-poster, which I'll bring. Now here's hoping that he's still there AND has time.

I already did... he said no :(
As he should. Purcell doesn't have publication rights, and those he sells his art to has exclusive publication rights; so doing so would dilute their product and as such detract from its value. Purcell isn't stupid, he's not going to shoot himself in the foot.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had any posts here in a while, figured I might as well revive it.

Don't think this has been talked about yet (or maybe it has, sorry) but I finally got A Vampyre Story and by the end of the month can get you a hires scan of the box if you would like. Not sure of any legal things with that one though as the game is still pretty new, just a thought though.

Archived