Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

Well, it doesn't have to be 100 DPI, but anything under that will look blocky and "pixley" when it gets printed. The other posters here are 200 DPI and higher because they will look even better when printed (they will have more dots per every inch when it gets printed).

It might be alright at 72 DPI, although I have never printed anything with that resolution before so I can't guarantee it will look amazing. Maybe someone else can chime in on this?

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a LOT to clean up on this one, so it'll still take a while.

Take your time, it's a great poster and I'd love to that on my wall, but I will probably print some of your others before it, can't wait for it ;)

Keep up the good work:thmbup1:

There's a LOT to clean up on this one, so it'll still take a while.

I'm cleaning my bookmarks. The bookmark to this thread is allowed to stay! Amazing work, Laserschwert -- let me chime in with all the people anxiously awaiting GF materials!

I think I'll show this one of here too.

sammaxmarxposters.jpg

I took the scan from Surfing the Highway. It's great sitting at my desk in my student room now! :D

The right one is from the Marx Brothers, nothing Lucasartsy though. ;)

What a brilliant pairing.

"Do you want a manicure? "

"No, come right in"

• 4 weeks later...

Figured I would go ahead and show off my current collection. I plan on doing an Indy poster at some point this summer as well. Enjoy! (sorry the lighting in this room is terrible):

my_posters01.jpg

I got the Monkey Island poster from somewhere else (I guess I'm different because I love having all of the logos and "green/maroon surround" from the box :p)

my_posters02.jpg

Further down the wall, Full Throttle on the right, with my Empire poster from when I was a kid, and a promo for the greatest band ever Type O Negative (RIP Peter Steele)

my_posters03.jpg

Lastly my signed Tales artwork (thanks Steve!)

And thank you as well Laserschwert!

Posters above all look great :)

Very interesting Empire poster there too! Never seen that one before :o Looks rare?

Cool stuff, Laserschwert! Sure nice of 'em!

p.s. Sonic rocks, could he be some rebellious distant nephew of Max?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Laserschwert:

Thank you SO much for your work on these posters.

I loved Zak McKracken as a kid and when I saw that you created a high resolution version, I just had to get a canvas print of it.

I wanted to show you it on my wall:

zak_wall1.jpg

I ordered it with http://canvasondemand.com

It measures 30 inches by 40 inches.

It is AMAZING quality. To give you an idea of the quality and size, here I am holding up a standard sized CD to it:

zak_wall2.jpg

Once again, thank you very very much for your hard work in creating these.

Let me know if there is a PayPal address I can send a donation to you. Also, I have a few other old classic games (not from Lucas Arts) that I'd love to get some high quality versions of. I'd be willing to pay you for your time if that's something you would be interested in :)

Thanks again :)

@Laserschwert:

Thank you SO much for your work on these posters.

I loved Zak McKracken as a kid and when I saw that you created a high resolution version, I just had to get a canvas print of it.

I wanted to show you it on my wall:

I ordered it with http://canvasondemand.com

It measures 30 inches by 40 inches.

It is AMAZING quality. To give you an idea of the quality and size, here I am holding up a standard sized CD to it:

Thanks again :)

That is amazing quality indeed. Well worth the money it costs! Thanks for sharing it.

BTW just got an idea: Why won't we open a Framed Posters gallery thread to show the world our printings? That way we could leave this one exclusively for additions & questions only; more organized I believe.

Archived