Home

MI5

Capt Kevin Kid

However, rejoice, for if Lucasarts continues the way they're going, it shall spell their doom.

I'd say LucasArts - purely LucasArts - is pretty much gone, but as an extension of LucasFilm (and, as Udvarnoky put it, LucasLicensing) it's here to stay.

I'd say LucasArts - purely LucasArts - is pretty much gone, but as an extension of LucasFilm (and, as Udvarnoky put it, LucasLicensing) it's here to stay.

In case you didn't know, Lucas Licensing is in fact an actual division of Lucasfilm. What I was suggesting was that LucasArts would essentially become a brand name under that division.

To me the Monkey Island games are an awful lot like the Batman film franchise. The first two are undeniable classics, the third is ok but going in a different direction and the fourth ... well we don't need to go into that.

So what do we learn from this? It's time for a reboot starring Christian Bale as a growling, menacing Guybrush Threepwood! :D

To me the Monkey Island games are an awful lot like the Batman film franchise. The first two are undeniable classics, the third is ok but going in a different direction and the fourth ... well we don't need to go into that.

So what do we learn from this? It's time for a reboot starring Christian Bale as a growling, menacing Guybrush Threepwood! :D

The third was great, probably the best thing LucasArts ever did.

And the fourth was good, but it does have its share of problems and it does stray too far away from the others. As a standalone game it's fine, it's just not up there with the rest of the Monkey Island games.

Hah! Comparing Mi4 to Batman and Robin reminds me of Emma's review of the game at The SCUMM Bar... "EMI has some good points. But then so did Hitler."

I just can't understand the slack the game gets. I think it's great.

Maybe people think that series consistency is more important than I do. (Is that sentence correct? It looks wrong).

Comparing CMI to Batman Forever and EMI to Batman and Robin is a freaking outrage. Beg for forgiveness, you worthless heathen.

Better than comparing Monkey Island games to the Bewitched and Dukes of Hazzard movies though.

Marginally.

Does anyone know when Monkey Island's 5 is getting made at all?

Next year (2010) is the 20th annversary of MI1 and i thort with it been a important date they might bring all 4 of them out again and MI5 as well?:)

From the same interview - they're coming back in 2015!

Welcome to the forums, Nickelstein.

The other question to ask is: has Monkey Island 5 ever been in production? I reckon the answer is yes, albeit in a very limited way. But there might be some production notes and maybe even some concept art hidden away in the vaults -- who knows?

Thinking about it, LucasArts new business model of not making anything but licensing out games might work in favour a new Monkey Island game. Especially if it's pitched as a download only game with no publishing duties for LucasArts to perform.

Maybe?

Archived