Home

Model viewer for KotOR?

Adinos

I'm giving this a try but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. I am using Windows XP and I have .NET frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 installed. Does anyone know if this uses version 4.0? When I double click the .exe I get the busy icon and then it stops with no error indication.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tool is absolutely golden, a definite must have for any modder.

I love being able to check out how clothes/armor will look after applying a new texture or color without having to always go in-game to see it.

Most excellent work, Adinos, this viewer is fabulous.

@Prime: I have XP with .NET 3.5, and haven't had any problems with the viewer... thankfully.

Well, now I've started having problems with the viewer, and I wish I didn't because I so love using it.

The viewer starts but hangs when trying to load something, and takes 100% of the cpu while its hung up.

I deleted, extracted it again, same thing... i even rebooted to see if that would help, but no go on that.

I get no error messages, its just hanging now, which is a shame.

Edit:

Well, I seem to have corrected this lil problem.

I moved the viewer from my D drive to my C drive, tried it and everythings back to how it should be, I have use of the viewer once again. =)

• 6 months later...
I hate Windows 7!

Have anyone succeeded to make this run under a Win7 64-bit OS?

Comparability mode and Run as Admin doesn't help - all I get is the "has stopped working" message.

The exact same thing was happening to me. I finally got it working on my ancient Compaq Armada laptop running Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 2002. I'm using this laptop for modding now (it's actually what I'm using to type this post), sadly it doesn't have the capability of running KotOR.

EDIT:

Comparability mode

Don't you mean "Compatibility mode"?

lol. I notice this stuff and I just have to correct you. :D

• 3 months later...

I was extremely disappointed and frustrated, when I found out that the program doesn’t work on Win7 64-bit. I tried compatibilities modes but I didn’t help. I looked for solution and I am happy to tell you all that peachykeen created a patch for Model Viewer. And now it works perfectly fine.

Here is the link: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Tools.Detail&id=101

Enjoy!

• 1 year later...

Archived