Home

Head Mesh Editing Question

Silveredge9

With in mind what is and is not currently achievable in KOTOR modding, would it be possible to edit say for example, the head of the female child model in K1 so that it would look like a Twi'lek child? I guess it would require an edit of the hair and the addition of lekkus. This sort of area isn't exactly my expertise at the moment, so I'm wondering if someone with knowledge of this sort of stuff could clear this up for me.

Thanks in advance.

I guess it depends on how long you would want the head-tails to be. The lekku would be easier accomplished in the texture, as the model would require a complicated extrude. I might be able to work something up for you if you need it.

I've just created a quick mock up of what I'm after. The image shows the lekku/headband part transplanted from the female twi'lek model to the child model.

test.jpg

How would you accomplish this with only texture editing? :p

I'm not sure if this would work but you could import both models and delete the hair off the kid and scale down the tails to fit the head, re-uwv map and export.
That's the plan.

So far I've managed to cut the lekku's from the female model, remove the hair from the child model, and then combine the remains. It looks pretty good, but it's not joined as of yet or anything. I'm really running blind with this sort of stuff, and have no real idea on what I'm doing. Looks neat though. :p

twilek.jpg

Well, I meant that the lekku only would be done more easily with texture editing, for the tails it is not that simple. :)

I will try to do this, I will probably use settoken's new method to get the tails to work.

Whatever works. You're welcome to give it a shot. :p

Hmm... the child head and the Twi'lek head are the exact same size. I tested it out in-game and it looks just fine using the female head on the child model.

done.jpg

Are you looking for a more child-like look? If so, then it would be easier to re-model the Twi-lek head to resemble the child.

Hmm... the child head and the Twi'lek head are the exact same size. I tested it out in-game and it looks just fine using the female head on the child model.

done.jpg

Are you looking for a more child-like look? If so, then it would be easier to re-model the Twi-lek head to resemble the child.

I'm looking for a child Twi'lek, so yes, the face would need to be altered structurally to make it more child like. But like I said, this sort of area isn't really my specialty, so I wouldn't know where to begin. It's something I'll look into though.

Archived