Home

Badge recommendations / nominations - Read the first post!

Jae Onasi

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I can't forget EnderWiggin. I nominate him for the helpful award. He really helps new community members find a place when they first find about LucasForums. Way to go, EW! :xp:

Forum Vet: EnderWiggin

he's been around for a month short of 5yrs

Thanks guys :)

_EW_

(Oh, and I second for Nute Gunray)

Even though I've only been here for a few weeks, I've noticed the helpfulness and resourcefulness of Darth333. He's benefited the entire KOTOR modding community with his work on the Ultimate Saber Mod, various "armband" utilities, force powers, and much more. Need I mention his help on the infamous KOTOR tool, the program that makes KOTOR modding possible? Therefore, I think Darth333 should be rewarded with a Helpful or Notable Contributor badge.

I nominate Astrotoy7 for Notable Contributor for starting and maintaining the Tech Forum, which is a great contribution to LF. :)

^ I second that, to create a place even geekier than all the other hangouts on LFN deserves major kudos! :)

I think that Astrotoy7 deserves the nomination for Notable Contributor for the consistent updates to the Tech section of the community discussion...especially the Tech News/Gossip thread...

Helped to keep me and many others very up-to-date with all the tech news we could ever need.

^^Second that. :)

sm_contributor.gifNotable Contributor

Recognition for members who have made significant contributions to the forum or communities well beyond the ordinary. This can for example be things like regularly reviewing other members' fan fiction, writing detailed walkthroughs/FAQs for games, contributing design and artwork for some part of the forum, making tools that contribute to community activity growth for one of the modding communities etc. Something that adds value for the forum community or attracts new people to join. If you feel someone has made such an extra noteworthy contribution, please specify what it is with links if appropriate. Two other members will have to second your recommendation.

:carms:

After some staff discussion because of some negative incidents that happened regarding the Jester and Notable Contributor badges, here are the changes we made.

a. You can make recommendations for these 2 badges still.

b. Your recommendations will be taken to the staff forum where the staff will review the recommendations and make a decision.

c. People who have been temp-banned are not eligible to receive badges for 6 months after their return. Permanently banned people are not eligible period. Thank you for your patience.

Astrotoy7's recommendation has been received and will be reviewed.

I nominate: Qliveur for the Jester badge

I think Darth333 should be rewarded with a Helpful or Notable Contributor badge.

Second for Q.

And I assumed D3 already had those badges. If not, I second her for both of them. She was the absolute most assistance out of anyone in HL even back in 2004 when she was still just a member.

_EW_

Second for Q.

And I assumed D3 already had those badges. If not, I second her for both of them. She was the absolute most assistance out of anyone in HL even back in 2004 when she was still just a member.

_EW_

She has Forum Veteran, Helpful, Mod contest winner, and LF staffer. She has the display option turned off, however. You can see what badges she has in her profile by clicking the 'badges' tab. :)

Edit: If you're wondering why no action is taken on some people, please re-read the first post. That will usually explain everything for you. The prime reasons for not handing one out is no one's seconded the motion, the nominee's name isn't spelled correctly, or there are no links for us to look at to evaluate the recommendation. The other reason we don't get to it immediately is we've been busy keeping you all out of trouble in other parts of LFN, or we all-volunteer staff have had an attack of Real Life.

Psyk0Sith, Qliveur, Darth333, TriggerGod, and oldflash's recommendations have been brought to the staff. Emperor Devon is not currently eligible to receive any badges.

Badges given out within the last few weeks:

Ten year veteran!: Nute Gunray

Forum Veteran: GonkH8er, Thrik, EnderWiggin, mimartin, stingerhs

Roleplayer: stingerhs, CommanderQ

Edit: If you're wondering why no action is taken on some people, please re-read the first post. That will usually explain everything for you. The prime reasons for not handing one out is no one's seconded the motion, the nominee's name isn't spelled correctly, or there are no links for us to look at to evaluate the recommendation. The other reason we don't get to it immediately is we've been busy keeping you all out of trouble in other parts of LFN, or we all-volunteer staff have had an attack of Real Life.
Wait, I don't understand. Are nominations, both seconded by another member and provided with evidence by the OP, completely irrelevant for the Jester and Notable Contributor badges when it goes to staff, and are solely based on staff decision alone? Wouldn't that mean that there would still have to be a public nomination in this thread, along with links and and others seconding the nomination?

If that is so, then there's a number of both Jester and Notable Contributor badges which haven't been publicly nominated, or even seconded with evidence provided, for that matter.

I would like to recommend Jedi_Man, Chevron 7 Locke, Ataris, and ForeverNight, for their A on the successful RP, Zombie's Walk.

They did an excellent job, and made the thread a great success:D

I have to second that. It was a very successful RP which I took the time to read seeing that I'm in the second one. The posts were well crafted and they all worked well together.

Wait, I don't understand. Are nominations, both seconded by another member and provided with evidence by the OP, completely irrelevant for the Jester and Notable Contributor badges when it goes to staff, and are solely based on staff decision alone? Wouldn't that mean that there would still have to be a public nomination in this thread, along with links and and others seconding the nomination?

No, they're not irrelevent--we'll use them in the threads, and it's impossible for staff to know every sngle person here. Your nominations are going to continue to be very important in bringing deserving people to our attention.

If that is so, then there's a number of both Jester and Notable Contributor badges which haven't been publicly nominated, or even seconded with evidence provided, for that matter.

Right. We know that. That's part of the reason why we're making some of these changes. Some of the people who received the badges when they first came out were obviously deserving and didn't need much discussion. There was also a lot of staff discussion about the badges when we first gave them out, and people's names came up through that route.

This is a new venture for the staff, too. We're learning through this process as issues come up. I ask that you please have patience when we make changes. They aren't done lightly or without staff discussion.

She has Forum Veteran, Helpful, Mod contest winner, and LF staffer. She has the display option turned off, however. You can see what badges she has in her profile by clicking the 'badges' tab. :)

So Darth333's humble, then? I like that. I apologize for the unnecessary nomination; I should have done some better research.

We have exciting, major, old school news coming soon. Stay tuned here for more info!!

you certainly sound like some over-excited LA employee who will be announcing something "EXCITING AND MAJOR" on monday and has been dropping hints all weekend.

...now that I think about it...

Archived