Home

New planet announced: Hutta

gstommylee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally, screenshots of a planet other than Tython or Korriban!

Yep, and it is about time...

Looks good - it will be nice to have an all-new planet to explore. Here's hoping for many, many more!

But...why do they call it merely 'Hutta', I wonder?

I suppose BioWare isn't too well versed in canon. Either way, it looks pretty good, although it's close proximity to Nar Shaddaa might make the plot seem similar to KotOR II's iteration of that planet. Either way, the stylized realism really seems to shine with the Hutts: they look fat, vile, and general unappealing: Just like they should be.

Yep, and it is about time...

Looks good - it will be nice to have an all-new planet to explore. Here's hoping for many, many more!

But...why do they call it merely 'Hutta', I wonder?

The article explains it. "Current Underworld slang has shortened the name to a simple ‘Hutta’—a place where more civilized people threaten to send their children if they misbehave"

The article explains it. "Current Underworld slang has shortened the name to a simple ‘Hutta’"

Huh. Fair enough - a little odd, but whatever. Adding 'Nal' must cost more money...:xp:

Anyhow, it should be an intriguing world, seeing it has had so much mention and so little screen time. I hope the Evocii get a look-in at some point, too.

Maybe Ryloth will be next? Hsskor/Trandosha? I would think Nar Shaddaa will be a given if Nal Hutta is in.

Huh. Fair enough - a little odd, but whatever. Adding 'Nal' must cost more money...:xp:

Anyhow, it should be an intriguing world, seeing it has had so much mention and so little screen time. I hope the Evocii get a look-in at some point, too.

Maybe Ryloth will be next? Hsskor/Trandosha? I would think Nar Shaddaa will be a given if Nal Hutta is in.

Ryloth would be cool.

Finally, something other than Korriban or Tython. Nice screenshots as well. Wonder why they chose to shorten Nal Hutta to just Hutta, though?
lol

The article explains it. "Current Underworld slang has shortened the name to a simple ‘Hutta’—a place where more civilized people threaten to send their children if they misbehave"

( starwarsmmo.net article )

I can see people shortening it down in speech, especially if Nar or Nal are articles of speech (like a, an, or the) rather than nouns. People who live in New York City call it "New York" or just "the City", they don't usually use the full name. Kansas City gets shortened down to KC, Indianapolis to just 'Indy', and so on. I can see Nal Hutta being shortened down to just 'Hutta' in everyday speech.

Archived