Home

Combining Appearance Files.

The Padawannabe

I imagine by the time you learned how to use TSLPatcher (and got it working), you could have easily done it manually using Kotor Tool.

Using TSLPatcher isn't really that hard as long as you know what your doing (and by that I mean do the obvious: read the readme)

but how foolproof is that, exactly? would there be any problems with using that?

its like installing one mod using appearance over another mod using appearance.

As long as the mods don't edit the same line of the appearance.2da , TSLPatcher should combine them fine.

If one mod doesn't have the TSLPatcher, install that first. If you have a mod that modifies several lines in the appearance.2da and you want to override one of them, install that first and then install the other one on top of that.

I imagine by the time you learned how to use TSLPatcher (and got it working), you could have easily done it manually using Kotor Tool.
Except converting a mod to TSLPatcher is a one-off job. Once that is done no matter how many times you may reinstall the game you'll never have to worry about manually editing files for those mods you have converted. While it looks very daunting at first, it's relatively straightforward once you have done a couple.

Archived