Home

Having trouble with finding Textures

iPod916

I'm trying to find where in a map file the information concerning the games textures are stored... I've been looking through with the kotor tool as well as simply searching through the datafiles, but i can't find what i'm looking for.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look if you want to see, specifically, the textures that are used in the game's maps?

if i looked at all of the textures ingame i would have the problem of light obfuscating what the actual texture looks like... i want to replicate it using photoshop from scratch but i need a reference that isn't, as i said before, obfuscated by other environmental features, not only the light but the limitations of perspective that the avatar and the party members impose.

if you have any information it would be very helpful.

I'm trying to find where in a map file the information concerning the games textures are stored... I've been looking through with the kotor tool as well as simply searching through the datafiles, but i can't find what i'm looking for.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look if you want to see, specifically, the textures that are used in the game's maps?

if i looked at all of the textures ingame i would have the problem of light obfuscating what the actual texture looks like... i want to replicate it using photoshop from scratch but i need a reference that isn't, as i said before, obfuscated by other environmental features, not only the light but the limitations of perspective that the avatar and the party members impose.

if you have any information it would be very helpful.

You mean the level maps? Those are under ERFs>Texture Packs>swpc_gui>L.

Or if you mean the textures used on the modules themselves, then its under ERFs> Texture packs>swpc_tex_tpa>, and depending on the module your after, just look under the appropriate letter.

Archived