Home

Revan vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

who would win Obi-Wan or Revan  

79 members have voted

1. 1. who would win Obi-Wan or Revan

• Revan beats obi wan
    • obi wan beats revan
    • Stalemate

I'm not saying the emporer wasn't smart about how he got into power, but it irks me to think of a sith as someone who hides in the shadows.

Besides, I think the sith are the 'common enemy' of the republic. They are the guys that everyone fights against, so they don't fight each other. This keeps the republic alive, otherwise there would be civil war.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obi wan was one of the greatest duelists OF HIS TIME. no offense to Obi-wan but Malak could probably beat him. its the simple fact that there is so much lost after thousands of years. just like if a swordsman from today fought a roman legionnaire i think todays would lose. obi wan could use about 3 force powers. jump, push, and probably somethin else. there arent many powers known to any force users in his day. light side guys have push and jump dark side guys have push jump and lightning. and if u watched the yoda and palpatine fight..... dark side push is far superior. sooo im fairly sure that revan would simply pick obi wan up and crush him with the force to save himself the effort of turning on his lightsaber and completely destroying obi wan. i think obi wan could pwn most people in his day aside from dooku and palpatine since he lost to dooku twice and yoda couldnt even beat palpatine.

• 1 year later...
Either 2 or 3. Because Obi-Wan is a master swordsmen but then Revan is also a good swordsmen.

However Obi-Wan is older and has more experience. So in the end he would beat Revan.

Besides all the facts that prove Obi-Wan is a better swordsmen.....He is just a whole hell of a lot cooler!

---------------

ALL of that makes no sense at all. Revan mastered both lightside and darkside of the force since he was a sith lord and brought the republic to the brink of destruction only to save it later. Also how could obi-wan possibly be older than revan!!!!!???????? Revan was alive thousands of years before obi-wan and may have still been alive at the time (he was in the force unleashed) so he had way more experience and he also defeated the mandalorians which if you put in the same room with obi-wan, i doubt he would live more than 5 minutes considering in one of the episodes of the show, he would have died without help. Also where did you get that obi-wan is the greatest swordsman ever thats just your opinion. That and Revan was the greatest duelist on Taris even before he had his force powers returned to him so that would make him a lot better than obi-wan. Also if you read the books, Darth bane used a thought bomb force ritual that revan created to destroy the brotherhood of shadow and some jedi in order to cleanse it and remake it following the rule of two. And have you seen the way revan dresses at all!!!!!!! He is way cooler than obi-wan

Well, Mace windu is better than obi wan with a lightsaber... more experience... hmmm the experience don't come from the age, but from the "experiences", and Revan was a jedi during a time of war, he became general, beat the mandalorians, killing some of the greatest duelist of the time (Mandalore the Ultimate, Yusanis, Malak later), after this he was on the jedi civil war, which means many battles between force users, so a good training into lightsaber duels.

He mastered the light and dark side of the force, learned ancient sith powers, like kreia said "it was like stare at the heart of the force", so i'm not claiming Revan would win, but he have all his chances, but well it's impossible to say clearly who would win, for example obi wan has beaten Darth Maul, but Dath Maul was better during the fight, etc... so the battles never end exactly the same, so Revan could win once, and obi wan the other fight, etc... but if we have to choose one who would have more chances to win I would say revan. For me it would be like comparing one of the greatest samurais, against a kendoka of our time, who might be very good, but can't really be compared against a true samurai, at times of war etc...

Anakin/Vader was also conflicted and not 100% resolute. Kenobi was a master of a lightsaber form in a time where saber duels were rare. He almost got cleaved in two by a decidedly anachorist swordsman the first time, he got caught off guard and pwned by powers the second time. Though far from a slouch, Dooku was by no means the best jedi or sith.

Revan is overhyped, but his swordsmanship mastery was in a time where saber duels was a common thing. His powers were more diverse (which means improvisation), even if he wasn't the most powerful ever. Would not have the same issues Anakin did.

star-wars-darth-revan.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think Revan would have the edge, because he was tatically brilliant, and wouldn't make the mistake of attacking from the low ground (or at least would do it more gracefully...) and could actually get the high ground. Anakin was too full of blind rage to not jump at him

I'm going to have to go with Obi-Wan, not only because he's not a Mary Sue like Revan, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that while Mace's 4-man team went after Palpatine, Kit Fisto remarked he'd feel more comfortable if Obi-Wan was with them. Given, he was probably underestimating Palpy, but it still shows how respected and powerful Obi was.

Archived