Home

Zombie Killing (Left 4 Dead)

swphreak

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, the ending on Death Toll was sad. Only one of us got away. I believe one died during the finale from a Tank. When the boat came I got jumped by a hunter and got saved with 1 hp left. As I was trying to heal a single common horde touched me and I went down. I believe it was Anthony who saved me from that hunter ran off as I said "leave me!" He got taken down also while the last survivor got on the boat. Twas a sad day.

Oh yeah, the ending on Death Toll was sad. Only one of us got away. I believe one died during the finale from a Tank. When the boat came I got jumped by a hunter and got saved with 1 hp left. As I was trying to heal a single common horde touched me and I went down. I believe it was Anthony who saved me from that hunter ran off as I said "leave me!" He got taken down also while the last survivor got on the boat. Twas a sad day.

Happens often and is still very epic. All in all that seems more fun to me, but I maybe just be a weirdo :p

• 2 weeks later...
My main problem with the game. I can't stand public servers, gah.

Yeah, I have been vote-kicked as soon as I join on occasion, and that was with only two other people on the server. Did they want to play or not?

Dunno why but TF2 is so much better on public servers than L4D (unless they have instant re-spawn or other stupid rules on). Of course private servers are clearly the way forward.

Too bad you're on 360, or else I'd most definitely add you.

'Tis a shame.

How hard would it be for Valve to incorporate a way for console players to game with those on PCs? I know it practice it's pretty difficult and somewhat unbalanced, but it's something I've wondered for a long time.

Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Versus Mode Changes

Tank melee attack can now hit multiple Survivors in one swing

Fixed Tank punch being able to hit targets behind walls

Fixes to 'Tank parking'. The Tank will now run back and attack the Survivors if he becomes AI due to two players expiring the frustration meter

Fixed a case where a Tank frustration meter could run out right as he was in his death animation and he would come back to life

Fixed a case where the Tank was moving too slowly while crouching and being shot

Tanks now have the possibility of spawning in a slightly different position for the first and second teams

The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first

The Smoker tongue can now target and grab victims through common infected

Increased the cone in which a Smoker can grab a target

The Witch no longer cuts Smoker tongues in a radius around her

Boomers that explode in mid-air will now hit Survivors directly below them with Bile

Reduced the damage that burning Hunters do to pounced victims

Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to avoid 5 seconds of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.

Fixed some cases where versus score was not being recalculated properly. It is no longer beneficial to pass pills between players at the end of the round or heal other players and then shoot them

Fixed a case where it was possible to spectate an AI infected and hit +use to take them over

Server Changes

Added convar sv_gametype that allows server operators to limit the types of games that will start on their server. Default value is 'coop,versus'. Can be changed to just 'coop' or just 'versus' to limit to those game types

General changes

Fixed a case where players would join as a dead Survivor when a living Survivor was still available

Fixed a case where restarting a level due to the team dying would give more than the max primary ammo on restart

Fixed the speaking icon showing up on the local player during level transition if voice_vox was set to 1

The scoreboard now shows the numeric value of a player's ping

GameUI

Quick match will now try to match to any campaign. Removed the preference to match to games according to the player progressing through all campaigns

Games in a finale are now joinable via the Friends and Steam Group games list

This actually takes care of all my gripes with Versus Mode (except corner-camping), good to know that Valve listens to their customers! Can't wait to try playing as a smoker now that the tongue has been fixed, the horrible aim used to put me off playing as one.

How hard would it be for Valve to incorporate a way for console players to game with those on PCs? I know it practice it's pretty difficult and somewhat unbalanced, but it's something I've wondered for a long time.

If shadowrun could do it i don't see the problem with valve attempting it. Shadowrun was terrible...not because of the setup, just because it was a bad game.

I think it would be entirely up to Microsoft. But the mods for the PC version would seriously hinder the connectivity of it all.

There is no need for interconnectivity with Xbox 360 players. It would create more headaches for the PC gaming crowd (for starters, Steam would be switching their fast/easy update system for the horrendous Live Certification slowdown period to keep both systems synchronized).

Dunno why but TF2 is so much better on public servers than L4D.

Easy question.

You are a lot more dependent from your three teammates (and they from you, once you screw up everyone knows) and sticking together is insanely important for survivors (and for infected it's important you don't just attack whenever you feel like it) compared to TF2 where you can easily do your own silly stuff for as long as you feel like it.

Even on a public 24 player server you can still achieve a lot of stuff with only 3 players working together and the others jacking themselves off. In L4D your team is toast when players start goofing off.

Makes it a lot more fun to play with friends, but I sure as hell am not touching public matchups.

• 6 months later...

I played through the new Crash Course campaign a few times with some friends, but that's all I've done. I picked up some extra campaigns a while back but they were severely lacking in either polish, completion or balance. Maybe they've been improved since-- I'll try some of the ones you posted tomorrow.

I bought L4D a while back to play with my friends, but when I got it they all got back into various MMOs so that kind of fell apart and I never really gave it a shot since I didn't want to play alone. I'd be willing to fire it up with anyone still interested. I'll probably suck, though.

I bought L4D a while back to play with my friends, but when I got it they all got back into various MMOs so that kind of fell apart and I never really gave it a shot since I didn't want to play alone. I'd be willing to fire it up with anyone still interested. I'll probably suck, though.

Before my PC broke (currently on a laptop, it can run L4D fine though) I would play L4D almost every night.

So yeah I'm up for playing, my steam ID is DarthDie.

Archived