Home

List of Ahto Imperial appointments: complaints

Adavardes

It's like when two people are making out when your trying to enjoy a film, you say quiet down, They say Jealous? :Group lol:, you try to deny, they put your own foot further into your own mouth. Doesn't matter that it was merely the sound of slapping tongues... you are Jealous.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My solution to that is don't make a list that you know is going to upset a large majority of people so that you can have a circle-jerk with your friends on a forum.

(Assuming "you" in the broad sense referring to everyone. I have no involvement in the thread in question; though my name is being mentioned in there it's not like I can stop anyone from doing that.)

I fail to see what is so upsetting about someone posting what essentially amounts to the cast list for a silly role playing thread they've created that has no bearing on anything else. What is the problem, really? Your name wasn't even mentioned in that thread before you posted, so how would their game affect you?

So far I'm not seeing a large majority, but a rather vocal minority, complain about something a group of members are doing for their own fun. If someone could clarify what the problem is I'd appreciate it. :confused:

You can show that favouritism privately, on your own time, in your personal profile conversations, via private message, or on an instant messenger. This was done in a way that excluded anyone else on a public forum, raising themselves above the others, and I'm tired of having this simplified when it's by no means an innocent thing.

But you're not excluded from the public forum. You have free reign to post anywhere you want in any public forum. You have free reign to talk and reply to whoever you want. You can make friends or not make friends with as many people you want, whenever you want. You can dictate when you want to come on and when you want to go off. If you don't have anything to say in a thread or there is a thread that doesn't interest you, you don't have to post in it.

Also, on behalf of everyone of the Rogue Squadron forums, I am deeply sorry we left you out of everything that goes on in that forum and for all the shameless display of favouritism towards the people who frequent that place.

Just thought I'd let you know.

You can show that favouritism privately, on your own time, in your personal profile conversations, via private message, or on an instant messenger. This was done in a way that excluded anyone else on a public forum, raising themselves above the others, and I'm tired of having this simplified when it's by no means an innocent thing.

Am I seriously not allowed to have specific profile conversations with people? I assure you, that while my conversation with Space Alex maybe very long, and he is a friend, that if he breaks forum rules I will treat him the same as anyone else (though I know him well enough to know he won't break rules). I aim to moderate everyone the same. I would argue that private IM conversations with friends are irrelevant to a forum - does my love life belong in forum?

@jonathan:

Darth Insidious' empire, I think.

DI is a friend, however I'm no part of his (alleged) empire, and if he breaks the rules, I would deal with him the same as anyone else. Unfortunately it is a fact of life that if people spend time together, people will form into groups of friends, I'm unsure how exactly we can change this. There are perhaps cliques, and I may not like that, but in truth, there is little I can do to change that.

I fail to see what is so upsetting about someone posting what essentially amounts to the cast list for a silly role playing thread they've created that has no bearing on anything else, seriously.

Oh, but it does, and they know it. ;)

I don't care who he was copying. The list is still pointlessly elitist.
My conversation with you ends at this point I think. When I came here some time ago I ran into what you call a 'clique of elitists' and it caused some really weird trouble almost all over LF (trouble and misunderstanding, which have been overly satisfyingly cleared up by the friendly side of staff of LF), so I somewhat I can see your point and understand it. What I *don't* see or understand is, is why you are trying to make it because of this silly thread.

So, let's see if I have this down right... no-one is allowed to have friends, or be friendly with people, and if they are, it's some part of a massive, LF-wide conspiracy to make people feel left out?

Oh, but it does, and they know it.

So, how exactly does being '1st Lord of the Admiralty' (a non-existent title, for a non-existent fleet, especially when I don't consider myself part of any 'clique') have any bearing on a web forum?

Like I said in Ahto, I'm perfectly willing to ignore it, but that's very hard to do while my nose is being rubbed in it.

Who's on First? :p

I remember when the election thread was on and I went in and read the posts... I had no idea what the hell was going on because I'm pretty much an outsider... but I've been around long enough to know that it's just a group of people having their fun. I've done it elsewhere and so I thought "heh, I don't get any of it, but I'll let them have their fun"

Did I feel left out? No. I don't expect everything in this forum to make sense to me. For example, I don't visit any of the forums on the Original Titles side of LF because I feel that that place is so damn different from the Star Wars side that I won't know what the hell is going on. I could feel left out, stomp my feet and complain all day long about it, but it's cool. Every forum has their different feel, their different groups, their own little jokes.

When you do witness these kinds of things, it really isn't a case of those groups rubbing it in others faces. They're really just doing it for the lulz. If I'm not mentioned in one of their silly little threads, I'm perfectly fine with it, it's not as if they did mention me and say "Lynk Former is a f***ing moron and shouldn't be in Ahto, I say we harass him till he leaves of one of our mighty mod friends takes away his supermod position and bans him"... etc...

This place is huge... HUGE... HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! HUEG LIKE XBOX!... and as a result not everyone is going to be happy with how things are handled ever.

I've been here for 10 years. There's never a dull day, there's always a complaint about something, hell... I even left the staff at one point because I got so sick of some of the things around here... but then I realised, you can either chuck a hissy-fit, stomp your feet and cry, or you can just get over it and accept that this place has flaws... just like every other place on the net and every other circumstance that involves any kind of social groupings.

Why am I not part of said conspiracy??

Strange, isn't it? I was on the list, And I have absolutley no knowledge of 'elitism' or 'super awesome special people'.

Or any conspiracies, for that matter. Must be a bloody awesome one for me to be on the list and not know about it.

This calls for some investigating. :detective:

Strange, isn't it? I was on the list, And I have absolutley no knowledge of 'elitism' or 'super awesome special people'.

Or any conspiracies, for that matter. Must be a bloody awesome one for me to be on the list and not know about it.

This calls for some investigating. :detective:

Oh, that's clearly the Illuminatus of Aresen pulling strings again, nothing to worry about, move on nothing to see here, then. <.<;;

My luck there will be three more posts to respond to, at this rate.

Ok, now. DI and I are extremely good friends (a byproduct of being on the same forum for 4+ years, hope that's not a problem) so I feel compelled to defend him a bit.

Actually, I'm pretty happy with having no special titles at all, but I think it's still bogus to allow elitism to run rampant through the forums like this, reinforced by a clear and present bias in the staff for any one of their special people/friends. Stop making this about me wanting something special, because I don't. If they were to give me any, I would be inclined to have them remove it.

I'll try to take this step by step:

Elitism? How do these special titles show elitism? How do they show anything? I don't understand. They do nothing at all and mean nothing at all.

Some of the staff are friends with DI and Lito and Me, and as such, were included. I'm not sure how that's a bias of the staff, seeing as they've actually done nothing, but (like J7 said) just were friendly to the point that someone wrote something about them.

I don't know why you'd ask them to take away the fun, if they gave you a title.

Yeah, I'm not buying that my judgment is flawed here. I've seen clear and present examples of why this entire forum is unjustly biased for whoever is in the group of tight-knit friends that can do no wrong, and that list was a perfect case of it occuring once again.

Do no wrong? What the hell are you talking about? Noticed that Emperor Devon's still hurting from his month long ban he got from being infracted? He's part of the group more than I am, I think.

Plus, Listen to what Lynk said about smaller groups overlapping. I mean, DI won that little election a while back, but he's more of a presence at Holowan than in Ahto, and has had his fair share of arguments with the staff.

My solution to that is don't make a list that you know is going to upset a large majority of people so that you can have a circle-jerk with your friends on a forum.

Who knew a "large majority" were going to get angry? I sure didn't.

I'm pretty sure that it was no coincidence that DI and Litofsky started that thread mere hours after DI posted this in the badges thread:

In short, they knew damn well what they were doing. Poop tends to stink when you stir it.

No offense sir, but you need to not speak out of your ass. DI was writing that list before he posted that, and if you need proof, I'd be glad to take it to the PMs that he and I exchanged regarding this list.

So "pretty sure it was no coincidence", huh? Try again.

I don't care who he was copying. The list is still pointlessly elitist.

@jonathan:

Darth Insidious' empire, I think.

1. Elitist? Who said that no other people could be added? I still don't understand.

2. Darth Insidious has no empire. At all. He's got a good number of friends he's made over the years of being here, a few modding partners, and a few enemies.

I'm sure he'll tell you just as I am that he has no power whatsoever over the staff, and that you're making mountains out of molehills.

Let me know if you disagree, but House is on tonight, and I think that maybe I'm just a bit too elitist to respond then.

_EW_

No offense sir, but you need to not speak out of your ass.

That was uncalled for, and rude, so I guess I'll respond appropriately:

So "pretty sure it was no coincidence", huh? Try again.

Apparently I know more than you do. Can I prove any of it? Nope. Deniability is king around here. :roleyess:

Apparently I know more than you do. Can I prove any of it? Nope. Deniability is king around here. :roleyess:

Please tell us all you know in dot point form. You don't need proof, but if you really want to expose what is apparently the cancer of LFN... then please. Take the first step and list it clearly that even a monkey in a bath tub playing with a rubber ducky can understand in your next post.

It's not fun, it's not satire, it's pathetic and rude to the rest of your members, regardless of how much it tickles your fancy to have a special title.

I can't begin to tell you how tickled my fancy is to be called 'Princess Cake Herald'. I might replace my scrolling Latin title with that some time next century.

It's a continuation of the Ahto Presidency elections thread. It's silly fun for those involved, and knowing Darth InSidious' facility with language, isn't satire. I see no rudeness involved for those who were named--it doesn't look like any of the titles were meant to be negative. It's the kind of silliness that people who've known each other for several years will sometimes engage in just to give their friends a good time. For those who weren't named, they just...weren't named. As far as I know, DI did not sit around and say "Who can I intentionally annoy by not including in this thread?" If you think DI and Litofsky did this to ruin your life by not giving you the title of "High Chief Roast Beef and Obama Chiseled Pectoral Inspector"* or whatever other silly name they might have had in mind, it might be time to examine whether this is appropriate thinking or just a case of being oversensitive and seeing exclusion where none was ever intended.

I was not part of the 'elite group', or whatever you want to call the large group of regulars in Ahto, when I first joined. While I was never specifically excluded (nor even felt remotely like that), it took several months of me joining in with the discussions and threads in a positive way and for all of us to get to know each other. It took time and chatting about different things so we knew where the line could be drawn when joking around with each other, what kinds of things interested each other, etc. Now they have enough information to joke with me about my permanent 29-ness, my fascination with Orlando Bloom, and my devoted worship of any quips by Jolee Bindo. It takes time to develop those kinds of relationships, however.

Now, if you want to participate in Ahto or anywhere else in this forum, you're welcome to join in. You'll find if you relax and take things a little less seriously in that forum, because it definitely is anything but serious, you'll become a part of the Ahto fabric yourself. Once we get to know you better, and you us, you'll understand the 'inside jokes' and will start making some of your own that the rest of us will enjoy.

Now you can continue to complain about being excluded, though I see no evidence of a conspiracy to specifically exclude you or anyone else. However, all that will do is make you look a. jealous and b. bitter. If you're wanting people to include you in their conversations and people to join you in yours, this attitude isn't going to win friends and influence people. In fact, it's more likely to push people away. We can't make people on this forum like you, or include you, any more than we can make you like or include anyone else here in any threads you might start. That's the way it is with groups. I'm not going to take away someone's fun just because a person or 2 gets their nose out of joint about not being specifically included in the thread, however. All you had to do was ask in the thread something like "May I be "High Chief Curves Inspector" or something equally silly, and likely you would have suddenly found yourself with a title bestowed upon you that was just as ridiculous as the ones the rest of us have been 'gifted' with. That might have been far more effective in getting you to feel included in the group than griping about not being included.

*note: this is just a silly title I made up and is not meant to be taken as anything other than silly.

I don't know what's sillier, the Ahto thread or this one.

I *am* the Aresen Ministor of Silly Walks and all. :cool:

Now you can continue to complain about being excluded, though I see no evidence of a conspiracy to specifically exclude you or anyone else. However, all that will do is make you look a. jealous and b. bitter. If you're wanting people to include you in their conversations and people to join you in yours, this attitude isn't going to win friends and influence people.

god, I remember being a n00b here in LFN with less then 100post, and acting all bitter and all that.

but god damn, it didnt take me long to find out that a sense of humor and a complete lack of bitterness takes a far longer way then just trying so damn hard to be eventually ridiculed BY YOUR OWN ACTIONS!

god, I remember when I was new, and I had an avatar that niner jokingly questioned me to be a pedofile, and I flamed him saying that I wasnt a f****t and whatnot.

looking back I know that I was wrong and I didnt know the sense of humor that occured here on these forums.

and to be perfectly honest, yes there is a bit of elitism here in LFN, but that because all those who are in this group have been here for years and years, its a natural effect. in a few years to those new comers who have less then 100 or even 500 posts done quite fit in, you will eventually, just like i did. crud I remember when Kjo was newer then new, capt sir spam-a-lot with his kjo-rounds. but thats what he brought in, and now we still pick on him as he picks on us. cus he's apart of this said community of which people are drawn together by their said differences.

I agree with Adavardes, I was very dissapointed to not be on the list, even though I rarely post on Ahto. They should have spent hours more searching for people they barely know, and more hours creating long and verbose titles for them. I find the thread very insulting to anthropomorphized cats with speech impediments; sylvester would be shocked and apalled. I also believe the titles have obvious real meaning and are not an attempt at jocularity, humor, or other fun.

*overloads on sarcasm*

That was uncalled for, and rude, so I guess I'll respond appropriately:

No, in fact, based off of what you said, it was called for.

Actually, in this instance, you are incorrect. At the time of that posting, DI had already sent me my grandiose title for comment, and to ask me about my life (there's that friendship thing again, sorry). So your order of events, which is the cornerstone of this specific rant, is false.

_EW_

Archived