Home

So... what are you reading right now?

Pavlos

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do you doubt me? Why the heck would you doubt an educated person reading one of the best book series known to man?

Why do you doubt me... an educated person ...one of the best book series known to man?

Why... doubt me... educated person... the best book series known to man

me... an educated person... best book series

:indif:

The prosecution rests, my lord.

Barts picture looks like it should be in a saloon and cowboys charge admision to see it! Bart, we have now come to a time where you have ran outta jokes.

when are you going to learn how to be quiet and stop commenting. I think you are just asking for more. Now that is creepy :raise:. And, Bart can never run out of good jokes. If he did, he would not have that badge now would he? Seriously Charlton, quit being so immature.

Right now I am reading Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Gr8 book so far! :thmbup1:

I like his prose >:|
That was probably my problem; there weren't any arguments in it so it seemed like substanceless fluff to me. I read too much philosophy!

You're only saying that because he had an amazing rack :raise:
I swear, I read him for the articles arguments! :D

Best story so far out of the HP Lovecraft book: The Hound. Top notch Poe imitation!

I've been reading A.O. Lovejoy's The Great Chain of Being: A Study of the History of an Idea; his ideas on "monistic pathos", the delight human beings take in unifying opposites into one whole, are peculiarly fascinating.

Also rereading that most sinister of plays Macbeth:

She should have died hereafter;

There would have been time for such a word.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

This sums it up in a suitably inadequate manner, I suppose:

Drama.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
The English translation. I think there is a Video game comming out about it too. The bumber is that it is M and I don't care much for M rated games exept Halo and War Hammer: DOW

The bummer is that they've resorted to making good pieces of literature into what looks like a terrible game.

I'd have to say that this is one of the better translations, particularly since it includes rather verbose, comprehensive explanations for otherwise obscure 14th century Italian lore, as well as a myriad of maps, diagrams, etc. Don't bother yourself with the most recent "translation", since I don't have much faith in the historicity of the game to begin with, particularly the notion that Dante battle his pagan role models in Limbo. :indif:

I swear, soon we'll see Fahrenheit 451: THE GAME. Coming from the creators of Game of the Year God of War™ comes the epic adaptation of the greatest sci-fi novel of all time! Firefighter Guy Montag embarks upon an action-packed, gritty and mature quest against a future government, all armed with nothing but a flamethrower! Execute mind-blowing attacks and combos with a stunning arsenal of FIRE! Save the future of tomorrow... today! Plays best with NVidia™

Gah! I hate Fahrenheit 451!!! We're reading it in English class....And I hate it.

For my own books, I'm reading the Battle of the Books books (its a competition about...books) and the Eulalia! by Brian Jaques, the latest book in the Redwall series.

Archived