Home

A Suggestion...

JBJHJM

Hi,

I think it would be a great idea for the final release if you could choose between

1. classical Dark Forces-version

2. a Dark Forces-version with forces and lightsabers, stronger enemies and maybe some jedis...

P.S.: Played 2.5 levels now, and I'm very impressed of it! Great Work!

Going to have to go with Zerimar here, DF wasn't designed with use of force powers in mind. The levels would be ridiculously short and easy (even if you did want to run around just to kill enemies in the levels). Suppose you could use all the cheat codes if you really wanted though, don't see why the team should spend any extra time making this "feature" available aside from that.

• 3 weeks later...

"cheating is not very fun with the actual enemies".

Right, but this can be more challenging if enemies have more heavy guns, and adding somes dark jedi. That's JBJHJM's idea.

"it will not be the same game", "it will not be the true story".

Right. Is it bad?

Imagine something different: player, time, enemies are not the same.

Only the same map.

It's not dark Force, but a "mod of the mod" fun to play.

Zerimar, you're right.

BUT to all the others here -except grangana- my suggestion was NOT to KILL the original DF version, my idea was to ADD an OPTION which let you choose between the normal DF mod (which definately is great) and a tuned up Jedi-Academy-like version.

The 'mod a mod' idea isn't that bad. All one has to do is change the player npc to give kyle saber and force and then change the enemies npc files to be saber wielders and such. Then pack it up and add it to the df mod folder. That way you can choose to play it which ever way you want.

If anything, I would much much rather see the team (and really, I wouldn't expect this of them as they've been gracious enough to ressurect this project as is), convert a couple of the levels into FFA maps instead of trying to add scripts for a Jedi version of the mod.

Archived