Home

consular battle circles-help

milphis27

Does any one have any advice of how to beat the mandalorian battle circle and the last of the handmaiden sparring matches as a consular with low strength? I have about 12 Strength but ive been boosting dex bonuses to avoid being hit. Sucks I cant use my powers but I need to fight through them to get the xp and handmaiden jedi. Mandalore Tagren is unarmed only and handmaiden is any melee weapon and shields. Any advice on stats or items.

My suggestion would be to equip armor that gives you the highest defense and equip any items that offer damage resistance to melee attacks, especially bludgeoning. If you're always getting hit no matter how high your defenses are, you may wish to switch to using critical strikes to defeat your opponent.

- Star Admiral

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Before you start the fight, load up on Adrenaline strength etc. boosters, every single one you kind find, you'll find the fight much easier

The problem with that is, that when the fight starts... oftentimes the stims and shields you use beforehand are nulled during the fight, and wasted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the Mandalorian Battle Circle, have Kreia cast self buffing abilities. The Force chain will take care of getting the Exile buffed up. If you have Lightning Gloves(1-12 electrical) or Disruption gloves(1-10 unblockable), equip them, since they add bonus damage to melee attacks, which is what you are dealing with. They won't be removed and the damage bonus helps out.

As to the Handmaiden, use a vibrosword with the best upgrades. Again, the gloves are very useful.

I always use critical strike first and keep using it during those contests.

• 2 weeks later...

The battle circle is tough, even for a Guardian with a high strength.

I've played as a Consular in all but 1 game (my current one) so I know alot about fighting as a real underdog in the battle circle.

What I'd suggest is:

1)If the person you're fighting allows melee weapons, choose a very effective weapon like the Shyarn or Trandoshan Double blades, etc. that deal alot of damage.

2)Use armor that has bonuses on piercing, bludgeoning, etc.

3)Stock up on items that deal with things purely made for combat: Fortitude, Will Saves, etc. as well as Strength, Defense, and Dexterity. Constitution also helps alot.

Other than that pure luck is what you need. It took me a while to master the battle circle but even as a low- strength consular you can make it through. If none of this works though, do what everybody is suggesting, turn on a Mandalorian Melee shield before you speak to the sergeant or take ridiculous amounts of Stims.

Archived