Home

MI5:YOUR IDEAS

Nickelstein

• 1 month later...
To this day I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or genuine enjoyment that makes me love the first three more than the fourth, and I kind of suspect this goes for a lot of people — even if they don't realise it.

Well, I played the fourth game first, then the other three, and the fourth is my least favourite by far - the.. 3Dism.. sucks, the controls are aweful, and the humour.. well, it just isn't as good as the others.

If #5 came out tomorrow, I think that pretty much everyone in this thread would purchase it as soon as possible. I mean, even if it had less than 20 on metacritic we all pretty much would. Yeah?

They could do what they did with Leisure Suit Larry. This time it's Guybrush's identical nephew, Guybrush! That could work?

As disappointed as some fans were with EMI, it'd be a pretty extreme exaggeration to suggest the series is anywhere near the level of deterioration that LSL suffered. EMI got good reviews and is considered even by the people who disliked it as a Monkey Island sequel to be a solid adventure game. If LEC put out a new Monkey Island game it could very well turn out to be a Magna Cum Laude, but I doubt there would be a blind love for it by anybody.

Archived