Home

K3 as a mod??? Who'd be up for that?

Darth Avlectus

If there were to be a "K3" as a mod, would you go for it?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If there were to be a "K3" as a mod, would you go for it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, IF.F .............
    • Not unless ...........
    • (Maybe) Hard to see, the future is.
    • Dead Racoon?! Where?! :xp:

personally i have been looking forward to your mod Logan as just that a very good mod, i did not know, however, that you would be doing what you have just said. probably my fault as i dont read every page of every thread. now that i know this is what your doing i will be waiting ever more intently for its release. No offense to Trex's mod but yours seems to be of a higher caliber. i would also love to see anyone else's attempt at an as close to canon K3 mod as possible. once i find a job (for some reason no one wants to hire a seventeen year old high school graduate) im going to soup up my computer and buy some editing tools for kotor so that i can join all of the excellent modders on this site. back on topic. i eagerly await Revenge of revan and would love to see other attempts as well.

I'd just like to clarify, I'm here to see ideas and opinions of fellow fans.

Fellow fans, what Story Elements captured you most? What did you like/dislike? What makes them similar to the rest of the franchise? What alienates it?

You might help me understand where you are coming from by seeing what genres you are referencing for both good and bad.

I guess while we are on the subject, I have noticed threads calling into the spotlight the little nods and winks to the movies. Throws and parts familiar to SW fans. While most find this to be acceptable in some form, even welcomed, others find it (with increasing frequency) distracting and unoriginal.

*WHAT* is so unorignal besides these? Please give specific examples (not too broad or narrow). What kind of things "turn you off" about official stories? What irritates you about fan mods?

My aim would be to try to get as close to the feel and professionality of as well as storytelling aspect as possible to what is official as well as maintain originality... and not stepping on toes all the while.

Admittedly, a mod like this would face a bit of the same problem as the prequel movies because the future is set in stone more or less. I guess this would have to be offset in some ways--which would be taken into consideration to do the best job possible.

Friendly reminder: This is not an advertising page for your own home made mods, though I do appreciate the input here as well. Just don't get carried away. ;)

@TREX's jedi masters, I'll give you a full fledged review when I finally get back around to K1. I am glad someone has done something and someone had to be the first.

i should probably clarify.

by real voice actors i meant real people not computer voices like TJM.

Ah, which reminds me I have a few files to convert for silveredge for his SR expansion. --Yes, I can do voices.

and the reason id like something between the two of them is because in the canonical ending the exile leaves to find revan.
Considered.

and the reason i was saying it should be what TOR refers to and it should have the canonical characters is because Trex refers to his mod as a fanboy K3 and Logan23 is making a mod that he is referring to as K3 and as far as i know neither of them are going with the story.

Indeed.

After some consideration, I probably would be much more humble than to actually call it a K3, BUUUUUUT, I am somewhat familiar with the storytelling style present in general to SW...hell even if english is not my passion, writing stories was a strength of mine--even my college professors would say it.....I'm not so sure actually. One thing I can appreciate about "Uncle George" is that he was a tinkerer. Mentality: It is always subject to scrutiny because it is my work, my art, my piece, my brainchild, ___it___is___mine. Long and short: You ultimately have to live with it.

I do believe I know how to remove the self reflective elements to my stories. Admittedly, learning a bit of Shaolin "detachment" is a help here :)...however, there were many great storytellers throughout history who did not.

Looking at Karpyshyn's work here...good...I liked it...still a few things could change about it to make it better I guess. I'm not Drew K. So I cannot say for certain about him.

There is a bit of conflict for story development with the elements of these:

Set in concrete storyline and conclusions vs More open and phillisophical storyline and conclusions. I suppose it is somewhat relative to what the subject/mission is. And consider how it compares to the overall story and the ultimate place int the universe of SW.

People who liked K1 and didn't like K2 or verse-vice-a, all had good points worth considering.

Hey everyone,

Revenge of Revan like The Jedi Masters is a fanboy kotor3, since legally no person can call theirs officially kotor3.

KOTOR can still be in the title, though. ;)

I understand that you guys are looking for a Mod which will not only connect with the past two kotors but also connect with TOR, in turn making it the closes thing to a cannon kotor3 Mod.

Who isn't looking for that? (that wants it of course) However, we all have different ways of going about it.

@ modders with mods released, or are similarly aspiring I do give thanks for your input. Certainly it shows what all I would have to compare to.

I’m happy to tell you that Revenge of Revan will do all this and allow you to choose the sex/gender of Exile and Revan as well as if the endings were darkside or lightside. When TOR was released I was able to tweak my plot slightly so that it will not conflict with the story in TOR (as of this moment).
That will be interesting to see, then.

You will not only find out what happen to Revan and The Exile but there will be some new features like the new Lightsaber creation system and many other surprises.

I know everyone wants voice acting for every single part but that is close to impossible. I know later on I will be tackling this issue, later on in my production.

I know no matter how good my or anyone else’s mod there will be people who wish it had more or it was a little different and that’s cool because what created the modding community…. imagination, the ideas of what if this could be changed or added which has led to great mods as wells as mod tools. And I look forward to sharing with you all the Mod: Revenge of Revan, with special thanks to all the people who helped in the production.

Keep modding:)

Logan

Sure thing. I have not really done much modding wise. Though I am familiarizing myself with some things like the KOTOR tool. I am currently working with Audio programs. Etc. (Ironic I have to disable my sound in order to even play K2!)

My machine is not the highest end it could be, and I still require modifications both in hardware as well as software. Which takes considerable investment. :( I can't afford to spruce up for only pet projects unfortunately. Since this is at odds with my other hobbies...well...:giveup:

i eagerly await Revenge of revan and would love to see other attempts as well.

Yes, thank you as well from me. I shall look into your guys' mods and see what is doable. For now, I'm just loooking on.

In general though, I'd prefer it a well thought out process. Plan first for all large projects. Organization is admittedly not a strength of mine. However it is not impossible for me.

Thoughts?

if you were to make a nodding team I would love to write and voice act for this mod. I can literally quote star wars history from 25,000 years before episode 4 until about 80 years after. I would love to help create something that could plausibly fit into that storyline. I know it wouldn't be canon but it could be very close and still be open ended. I would love to be a part of a mod that I myself would play and I hope others wild want to. if anyone is interested please say so and we could start on something. I am currently unemployed and inbetween highschool and college so I have nothing but time. I would love to write a story and voice lines if others would be willing to model script and every thing else involved.

• 2 weeks later...
if you were to make a nodding team I would love to write and voice act for this mod.

Noted. Not sure if I'd want to. But just in case, I'll thank you in advance for now, should the day ever come.

Ah, voices. Yes. Though I can do some voices myself, I wouldn't mind having some extras along, myself. One can only do so much.

Errhm. I write my works. You write yours. Am I open to suggestions? Sure.

Seen it enough...there are already some major things you are heading for that I'm not. There is a story for each of us. I don't wanna get in your way, and I'm rather particular about mine. Please try to understand. It isn't that I wouldn't appreciate help (I would indeed), but it is more a matter of artistic direction. Or something like that.

I've seen this quite a lot in a multitude of different areas: TV production, music, entertainment, authoring & publishing.

I would want each story written to be the product of their own writer. Otheriwse, it's like the critics above said: fight fight fight.

If you were writing, I'd keep my story of what I'd want to myself. I will help you make yours no matter how much I disagree. I am only along to advise...for the ride so to speak. That's just something about the professionalism aspect I incorporate into my attitude for these sorts of things.

I can literally quote star wars history from 25,000 years before episode 4 until about 80 years after.

As can I to an extent. Well actually I know select slots of it. Which has made me well liked by my college's anthropology club.

Read up on the legacy comics--130 BBY. Then you will be complete.

I would love to help create something that could plausibly fit into that storyline. I know it wouldn't be canon but it could be very close and still be open ended.
I have yet to see if the other mods have uncovered certain aspects of these things in their implementation. And if so, how.

Mind you I already have many of these thought up for myself on paper. No, I will not share them here. The only sharing I will do is when and where it is appropriate in confidence with those I can trust.

I would love to be a part of a mod that I myself would play and I hope others wild want to. if anyone is interested please say so and we could start on something. I am currently unemployed and inbetween highschool and college so I have nothing but time. I would love to write a story and voice lines if others would be willing to model script and every thing else involved.

We should talk a little more. No rush to PM me just yet, my inbox is like 98% full, currently. However, mind you what I said above. Also it is good to have several stories running for yourself. as well as several misc. things and bits otherwise unutilized and not used, but just there.

I'd give you some good dirt, but there are some things I'd want to keep for mine to make my story unique. If you are wise you will do the same. ;)

This is just a shot in the dark because I don't even own it, but wouldn't it be simpler just to use NWN2's toolset and try to make a KotOR3 module for it?

NWN tools are on the KOTOR modding roster--look it up in holowan. ;)

While some of the tools for NWN were used at one point, with the release of TSL some became defunct and ones had to be written to handle the new data fields. So not many of the NWN tools are relevant to modding these games anymore. The links are maintained for posterity and that they can be handy for some types of modding in KotOR I mostly.

Also not to rain on your parades but this kind of mod is beyond the scope of one person to pull off, and those vaunted "team" total conversion mods rarely, if ever, produce something viable.

Lastly, I see many, many, many mod team threads and I always see tons of volunteers for 'story' or 'dialog' writing, and frankly those are not really necessary positions. If you truly want a mod project to actually work out instead of volunteering for a useless thing like dialog writing you need to become familiar with the 'guts' of the game (modeling/scripting/file editing/etc.) to actually be useful to a team project.

Just my :twocents:

I meant using NWN2 and its toolset as the basis for the mod instead of just modding KotOR2. I think that the end result could be superior and the implementation would be simpler.

• 3 weeks later...
This is just a shot in the dark because I don't even own it, but wouldn't it be simpler just to use NWN2's toolset and try to make a KotOR3 module for it?

Thanks for the idea. ;) I'm looking all around but google is only leading me to forums about it or to nwn1's toolsets...

While some of the tools for NWN were used at one point, with the release of TSL some became defunct and ones had to be written to handle the new data fields. So not many of the NWN tools are relevant to modding these games anymore. The links are maintained for posterity and that they can be handy for some types of modding in KotOR I mostly.

Also not to rain on your parades but this kind of mod is beyond the scope of one person to pull off, and those vaunted "team" total conversion mods rarely, if ever, produce something viable.

Lastly, I see many, many, many mod team threads and I always see tons of volunteers for 'story' or 'dialog' writing, and frankly those are not really necessary positions. If you truly want a mod project to actually work out instead of volunteering for a useless thing like dialog writing you need to become familiar with the 'guts' of the game (modeling/scripting/file editing/etc.) to actually be useful to a team project.

Just my :twocents:

Thank you.

Well, for what it is worth, I'm actually now considering making a few mods to improve my "usefulness". I absolutely agree except I'd contend that "necessary" does extend to story writing at some point. Otherwise it'll just feel like flat pointless gameplay running around in modules and killing enemies and doing stuff.

The point of this thread was to gauge what fans' reactions are and why. I know a successfully created total conversion is rarely ever viable, even "added content" mods have left me scratching my head. However, I'd like to point out that one reason OUTSIDE the technical, for why these conversions seem to "suck" in the eyes of fellow fans is the story (or lack thereof). That and I take it (so far) that a fan created K3 mod is scrutinized for

1) not being official, regardless how well made or flawless it is

2) having the audacity to try to be such as a K3

So what I've gathered thus far is nobody would really be up for any kind of total conversion mod unless it is 'good' in every aspect without outrageous claims.

I meant using NWN2 and its toolset as the basis for the mod instead of just modding KotOR2. I think that the end result could be superior and the implementation would be simpler.

Would you care to chat with me in private on this?

Anyhoo, yeah. I am looking into stuff. Nothing too awfully big. Just starters and fun stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

A slightly off-topic starting point here, but regarding VO's - I've only come to the community recently and have spent a couple of months lurking, but it quite frankly amazes me that, given the diversity of members spread around the various 'main' KOTOR forums, and the fact that a lot of members use several of them under the same usernames, no one (as far as I can see) has thought to utilise that community to recruit, how to put it, 'stand in' voice actors.

What I'm driving at is that surely, between us all, we must have people who can do good approximations of the original KOTOR cast voices? And surely there are enough of us who can work wonders on sound editing to get a polished, professional quality recording (assuming a decent mic is used in the first instance - no, not the one that's built into your webcam - SM58 vocal mic's or something similar)?

I know that the thought of a Carth impersonation is a skin-crawler at first thought, but I'd be surprised if we couldn't assemble a good team of forumites, perhaps those who don't have the modding skill necessary in other areas, who'd be more than happy to voice lines written for various mods, at least as long as the mod they were being asked to voice a part in was more than just a vague idea which would never get off the ground. Personally, I do an awesome Yoda (even if I do say so myself) though I'm yet to find a KOTOR-era Character I can get right - though I reckon with practice I can get Jolee down pretty well, possibly HK with a fair bit more practice too. Pitch, intonation and frequency can all be changed as desired by a dedicated sound engineer too, so if the right people coud be found, it's more than do-able. I've been wondering about this because, quite frankly, nothing ruins a mod more than unspoken dialogue. Thoughts?

On K3 story and themes, to stay on topic - I really think, especially as this wouldn't be an official canonised LA release, that it's time to experiment with the grey areas of the force. The usual light/dark thing just doesn't make sense in a lot of contexts, especially when a character with light side mastery is slaughtering their way through ranks of indigenous creatures (that poor Tusken enclave - I could just have run when I annoyed the storyteller but, no, I had to kill 'em all... over and over again... ;) ). Not that I'm saying that the light/dark side isn't centrally vital to the themes and roles played in the SW universe but, as has been discussed elsewhere, playing lightside frequently involves masses of deception and patronising of alien species (and slaughter! mustn't forget that peaceful non-passionate, non-ignorant serene approach to a problem), etc, while the Sith at least are honest about much of what they do and represent - so I'd like to see a storyline which embraces the grey - Bindo and Kreia are the most intriguing characters in the games, are they not?

And also - no, absolutely NO storyline that involves a planet being blown up, destroyed, decimated, bombarded or otherwise left irreparably inhospitable. Let's get as large a chunk of realism into a storyline as we can (without losing the fact that it's fiction) and realise that an occupation is a planet killer, because the culture is the planet (in a sci-fi context - bad episodes of TV sci-fi aside, it's always global culture and politics in an intergalactic setting, unrealistic as that very tenet is), not it's buildings. Yes, I know that it's a SW theme. Yes, I am very bored of it now.

Also, the 'oh my gosh! We somehow missed an armada of *insertenemyname* hiding out on this abandoned moon!' needs to be, at the very least, severely reworked before it can be credibly used again. With KOTOR and TSL the massive invasion force element works well where used, as it fits first the initial setting and then the subtler approach of Nihilus and Sion in TSL, but a third wave of Sith striking from somewhere wouldn't work too well for me. A bunch of Dark Jedi who were used sparsely and were programmed to be severely testing recurring,levelling-up opponents (think Jedi Knight and Outcast) would be superb, but they would need to fill a slot like the one occupied by the Jedi in TSL. Other massive invasion forces? If they were done well, sure - but the Republic would have to surrender or fall early in the story, or else have you in the middle of intense and pitched warfare everywhere you go (think Onderon part 2 on a heavy dose of multi-stim), with the republic seriously losing it, to be believable. How many more times can it survive when it's already on it's knees?

Maybe move things to the mid rim or core worlds, too. A change of locality would be good, though longer-range flights could of course be a part of it still.

Lastly - and, I know, people will hate me for this - but you wouldn't have to be a Jedi, y'know? Star Wars managed just fine from '77-'97 with very few Jedi involved. It's a really rich universe when it's allowed to breathe, and I still see no real reason why a melee fighter couldn't use a lightsaber, admittedly clumsily, without Jedi training. To put this in perspective, I can use a sword to a pretty competent degree, but no master ever trained me - I just realised that I needed to keep the sharp bits away from my soft, fleshy meatbag exterior. Maybe Adum Larp has acquired a range of knock-off short sabers, powered by tainted crystals from Dantooine, and he's now hawking them in down-town Coruscant? I'm just saying, there's a galaxy of opportunities (and smugglers, scouts, soldiers, bounty hunters, assassins and diplomats) out there. Or, if Jedi PCs are a must, make it either a believable starting proposition, of a logical and realistic transition, no more prodigal Jedi or lvl 1 weaklings. Starting at lvl 10 would make sense, for instance.

Right, hope that's some of what you were asking for GTA:SWcity, and apologies if I got too specific or rambled too far off point (and I'm laying the minefield ready for those who want to harm me for suggesting no Jedi or planet destruction :p ). Great thread, btw!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to Lucasforums, Apprentice Greenwood. Glaad to have you on board.

A slightly off-topic starting point here, but regarding VO's - I've only come to the community recently and have spent a couple of months lurking, but it quite frankly amazes me that, given the diversity of members spread around the various 'main' KOTOR forums, and the fact that a lot of members use several of them under the same usernames, no one (as far as I can see) has thought to utilise that community to recruit, how to put it, 'stand in' voice actors.

Is this some kind of offer?

What I'm driving at is that surely, between us all, we must have people who can do good approximations of the original KOTOR cast voices? And surely there are enough of us who can work wonders on sound editing to get a polished, professional quality recording (assuming a decent mic is used in the first instance - no, not the one that's built into your webcam - SM58 vocal mic's or something similar)?

My webcam has none.

A $10 radioshack + a dollar tree amateur anchoring mic.

Also some studio experience. No equipment.

<snip> perhaps those who don't have the modding skill necessary in other areas, who'd be more than happy to voice lines written for various mods, at least as long as the mod they were being asked to voice a part in was more than just a vague idea which would never get off the ground.

This was a thread to toss an idea around and why. If you are up for recruiting, we have a wonderful area here called Holowan Laboratories.

Personally, I do an awesome Yoda (even if I do say so myself) though I'm yet to find a KOTOR-era Character I can get right - though I reckon with practice I can get Jolee down pretty well, possibly HK with a fair bit more practice too.

What of accoustics and analog (the good old fashioned kind *without* computers or fancy equipment) sound production methods do you know?

What of digital sound do you know? What are your prerequisites? I presume you have come in talking on this becuse you have some background?

Pitch, intonation and frequency can all be changed as desired by a dedicated sound engineer too, so if the right people coud be found, it's more than do-able.
There are all kinds of tools available for free and others for a reasonable price.

Audacity for one.

I've been wondering about this because, quite frankly, nothing ruins a mod more than unspoken dialogue. Thoughts?

OR badly done voice overs. Amongst a host of other things large and small.

This isn't even going into what is needed for the technical side of things.

On K3 story and themes, to stay on topic - I really think, especially as this wouldn't be an official canonised LA release, that it's time to experiment with the grey areas of the force. The usual light/dark thing just doesn't make sense in a lot of contexts, especially when a character with light side mastery is slaughtering their way through ranks of indigenous creatures (that poor Tusken enclave - I could just have run when I annoyed the storyteller but, no, I had to kill 'em all... over and over again... ;) ).

Have *you* played through all possibilities? :rolleyes:

Not that I'm saying that the light/dark side isn't centrally vital to the themes and roles played in the SW universe but, as has been discussed elsewhere, playing lightside frequently involves masses of deception and patronising of alien species (and slaughter! mustn't forget that peaceful non-passionate, non-ignorant serene approach to a problem), etc, while the Sith at least are honest about much of what they do and represent - so I'd like to see a storyline which embraces the grey - Bindo and Kreia are the most intriguing characters in the games, are they not?

Ugh...this is what I used to sound like.

They are, However, even they eventually had their alignments. Look, maybe you can start another thread? I had set this one to die on a certain date.

*brevity*

Yes, I know that it's a SW theme. Yes, I am very bored of it now.

Then I don't understand, are you looking for help with writing your story?

Mod technical help? If you have something, then get to it and refine it. Put it through peer review for testing. Everyone has their own ideas. However: What is your ultimate goal with the mod? I mean here in boring old reality? :)

Also, the 'oh my gosh! We somehow missed an armada of *insertenemyname* hiding out on this abandoned moon!' needs to be, at the very least, severely reworked before it can be credibly used again.

Already steps ahead of you for on this for antagonist, but thanks though. ;)

With KOTOR and TSL the massive invasion force element works well where used, as it fits first the initial setting and then the subtler approach of Nihilus and Sion in TSL, but a third wave of Sith striking from somewhere wouldn't work too well for me. A bunch of Dark Jedi who were used sparsely and were programmed to be severely testing recurring,levelling-up opponents (think Jedi Knight and Outcast) would be superb, but they would need to fill a slot like the one occupied by the Jedi in TSL. Other massive invasion forces? If they were done well, sure - but the Republic would have to surrender or fall early in the story, or else have you in the middle of intense and pitched warfare everywhere you go (think Onderon part 2 on a heavy dose of multi-stim), with the republic seriously losing it, to be believable. How many more times can it survive when it's already on it's knees?
These are all considerations. I do agree. However you might not like what this would require. Especially if you already have a preconceived idea or set of notions of just what the story should be. In this you might also be forgoing or overlooking certain aspects.

While those *not* facing enough financial hardship to prevent them from playing SW:TOR might get cranky and say just let the MMO handle it, I am willing to at least indulge you. This isn't exactly the place, though.

I'm considering being the "Storyline Scrooge" of lucasforums. In fact consider this my official announcement: If anyone has a mass conversion mod, and you want a skeptic's POV...drop me a line. Warning: Please be absolutely sure you want to do this and DO NOT take it personal.

<snip> I still see no real reason why a melee fighter couldn't use a lightsaber, admittedly clumsily, without Jedi training.
Well so did I...BUT the "canon comittee" decided upon some kind of "special" status to attach to lightsabers with the inclusion of the RPG element in video games. So they kid of screwed up the ambiguity and universal freedom it actually once had there. :swear:

(self trained swordsman)
So am I but I have also learned a bit of fencing and kendo. I get where you're going with this, but to be honest there is only so much one can learn or accomplish being self taught. So far as SW, fine. There are characters. However, even they received some formal training. Read starwars.wikia.com sometime. Explore it.

Relevance to mod: SO You have your ideas as to how the character levels up and progresses. Fine.

<snip>

Right, hope that's some of what you were asking for GTA:SWcity, and apologies if I got too specific or rambled too far off point (and I'm laying the minefield ready for those who want to harm me for suggesting no Jedi or planet destruction :p ). Great thread, btw!

Well thank you at least for your efforts and whatsits. I was not quite looking to others for stories. Everyone has their ideas for what a conversion mod should be. If you were critiquing storylines...this ain't where you do it... :raise:

I was just tossing some ideas around and also getting a general consensus form fellow fans here at LF. But what you want to make may not be what you ultimately want to achieve. They may be two VERY different things.

I am seeing what exactly it is that others DON'T like about these things. This was an exercise for myself and a chance to peer into the minds of others who may potentially be interested or those who aren't and why. It's a learning experience. Still, I'm also paying attention to what works and what might be unique enough to stand out, it is a point of reference.

Other than that, maybe put a bit of brainstorming to the speculations and suppositions of what happens in the times that are not covered by games or movies or comics...etc.

If you have something more, start a thread of your own, PM me or anyone else of interest here on the forums...At that, Welcome to the forums. Look forward to seeing you around and "May The Force Be With You!" (mtfbwy)

Now please, vote and let this thread die peacefully. :roleyess:

SWCity, no offence meant here by not following your closing comments, but I think you've missed the entire point of my post, or else I've missed yours. Mine was addressing the original subject of the thread, with some inference on VO's, and then simply addressing the point you made 2 or 3 times, lastly I think in post #30, as briefly quoted below;

I'd just like to clarify, I'm here to see ideas and opinions of fellow fans.

Fellow fans, what Story Elements captured you most? What did you like/dislike? What makes them similar to the rest of the franchise? What alienates it?

You might help me understand where you are coming from by seeing what genres you are referencing for both good and bad.

I guess while we are on the subject, I have noticed threads calling into the spotlight the little nods and winks to the movies. Throws and parts familiar to SW fans. While most find this to be acceptable in some form, even welcomed, others find it (with increasing frequency) distracting and unoriginal.

<snip>

*WHAT* is so unorignal besides these? Please give specific examples (not too broad or narrow). What kind of things "turn you off" about official stories? What irritates you about fan mods?

Thoughts?

I wasn't passing any comment on my or your mod ambitions and plans, and thought I was adding to the discussion as you originally requested. Apologies if I have misconstrued this.

Thanks for the welcoming also BTW, I really don't see how you've come to many of your conclusions on what I have posted, but the advice is welcomed nonetheless. Oh, and yes, I've played KOTOR through with, I think, all possible options (not with TSL yet, though), with reference to the Sandperson Enclave I was joking about what I consider one of the more humorous light side blags you can get away with in the first game. And, yes, I've also played with a perfectly neutral character, and it was incredibly good fun ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Apparently not up for it as a mod. :xp:

In a few ways I gotta agree with ya.

SWCity, no offence meant here by not following your closing comments, but I think you've missed the entire point of my post, or else I've missed yours. Mine was addressing the original subject of the thread, with some inference on VO's, and then simply addressing the point you made 2 or 3 times, lastly I think in post #30, as briefly quoted below;

I'm sorry, it's just that several things are going on at once and I cannot spare as much time to read even my previous lengthy posts to see what you were getting at, let alone all of yours. Plus I was tired when I posted. My bad.

Well, you are a newbie to these posts so please forgive my sort of shrugging it off as over-eagerness. And cloudy-headed ness amongst other things.

I wasn't passing any comment on my or your mod ambitions and plans, and thought I was adding to the discussion as you originally requested. Apologies if I have misconstrued this.

Oh quite forgiven.

Thanks for the welcoming also BTW, I really don't see how you've come to many of your conclusions on what I have posted, but the advice is welcomed nonetheless. Oh, and yes, I've played KOTOR through with, I think, all possible options (not with TSL yet, though), with reference to the Sandperson Enclave I was joking about what I consider one of the more humorous light side blags you can get away with in the first game. And, yes, I've also played with a perfectly neutral character, and it was incredibly good fun ;)

:lol: Ah, okay. Wasn't entirely sure about that. There have been lots of n00bz.

[HK-47]Charging up weapons, this should be fun![/HK-47]

In any case. Yes.

ZOMG! Republic on the verge of collapse! :dozey:

Uhh, yeah...I don't suppose that is getting a little worn out now.......

According to the "TOP 100 most important things in the SW universe" apparently the Jedi Order is #1. So whether we like it or not, this will be attached to how people will view it.

I do think, however, there ought to be more exploration of other stuff besides Jedi vs Sith, other force sensitive/resistant groups. Anomalies. Etc.

"The fate of the galaxy!" This, I suspect is one reason people don't like the storyline in any given mod/full game conversion and even the canon installations. The ambition is understandable but after so many times, it's like you drop a piece of underwear with skidmarks on your floor, you might kill the universe...if EVERY story is THAT important, then NO story is important WHATSOEVER. I didn't mind, for example, Shatterpoint and how it was directly involved with purging corruption one of the planets so the republic could take control of it. IT had its eventuality and tied into the fate of the galaxy in the long term.

The good guys gotta win.

What? It's trivial that bad guys win? Like they're just there for the good guys to beat later? This was defied in Karpyshyn's Darth Bane novels.

Hollywood Perfecto endings.

:dozey::dozey::dozey:

While I can understand once in a while, yes...I think movies without happiest of endings can be justy as good. Also I believe it was one of the major reasons for people finding fault with ROTS--aside the fact it was a prequel installation. To paraphrase something Shem said a while ago: People bring their own expectations to the installments as to what it should be and are disappointed when it doesn't pan out the way they'd like.

I don't care to spoil any of the 4 endings possible on Odyssey: Legend of Nemesis. The story of the villain, the story of the archipelago which builds as you play through the game and left largely unspecified. VERY philosophical. However, I don't want it left as open as an unfinished KOTOR 2 (though enough content was restored by modders at this point that it is safe to say the ending is all in the gameplay of the final levels). The 4 endings were definite. However, they each had some kind of problem. So it is largely how you the player view the ending as either victory or not.

---I'll get back to this but for the moment I have to get up and leave the computer.

Archived