Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

When you look at it, the endings weren't so different. The only two choices you have to make is

whether to kill Ashley or Kaidan and whether the council survives or not

, the rest of the story remains the same, so I don't think it would be that much of a problem.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you look at it, the endings weren't so different. The only two choices you have to make is

whether to kill Ashley or Kaidan and whether the council survives or not

, the rest of the story remains the same, so I don't think it would be that much of a problem.

So you don't see any diffrent in that the human takes complete controll over the galaxy(Renegade ending) or just join the Council(Paragon ending) ? The diffrent in politics would be immense and that would affect the world, but if the game don't take place in the "Human/Council" part of the galaxy it could maybe work. But then i don't think the game would be so funny to play

So you don't see any diffrent in that the human takes complete controll over the galaxy(Renegade ending) or just join the Council(Paragon ending) ? The diffrent in politics would be immense and that would affect the world, but if the game don't take place in the "Human/Council" part of the galaxy it could maybe work. But then i don't think the game would be so funny to play

There is a difference, but not that big. Basically, the difference would be in the NPCs that represent the governing body (either the surviving interspecies council, or a purely human council) and, of course, their dialogues. The irony is that the human council, while possibly having some different attitudes towards alien species, would function very similarly to the original council, when it comes to indecisiveness and lack of action. The main story would thus basically remain the same.

With the ending problem it could be easily remedied. Look at TSL's approach to Kotor's ending. They could just have it mentioned but the galaxy just goes in the same direction no matter what choice the previous game held. It is just the specifics and NPCs are different

EDIT: About party members. Technically the alien party members of the Normandy aren't really apart of the crew. As emphasized by Ash about Liara. Since the Normandy is an alliance vessel only alliance members can technically be apart of the crew. So the alien party members would have to be considered as associates rather then crew members.

EDIT: About party members. Technically the alien party members of the Normandy aren't really apart of the crew. As emphasized by Ash about Liara. Since the Normandy is an alliance vessel only alliance members can technically be apart of the crew. So the alien party members would have to be considered as associates rather then crew members.

The Alliance may be disbanded and humanity might become intergrated into the Citadel military as know the his now a human Spectre and Council member.

With the ending problem it could be easily remedied. Look at TSL's approach to Kotor's ending. They could just have it mentioned but the galaxy just goes in the same direction no matter what choice the previous game held. It is just the specifics and NPCs are different

True, but then KOTOR2:The Sith Lords did go out of its way to marginalize everything that happened in the first game to the point that you might as well not have bothered at all. I'd rather they didn't do that in Mass Effect 2, since I think big decisions like that should have some noticeable effect on the game world, one way or another. :)

Did anyone actually choose Udina over Anderson to take over the council at the end? lol. Even with my multiple plays (around 7):p, I never actually once chose Udina. I think it's pretty safe to say that the vast majority of people that played the game would have chosen Anderson, so if they continue along that route, I can't see it being a big problem.

Did anyone actually choose Udina over Anderson to take over the council at the end? lol. Even with my multiple plays (around 7):p, I never actually once chose Udina. I think it's pretty safe to say that the vast majority of people that played the game would have chosen Anderson, so if they continue along that route, I can't see it being a big problem.

I did. Once. Just to see what happens. Not much difference,

but yeah, a vast majority, including me will originally go with Anderson.

Seems like there might be a few differences whether you went paragon or renegade in first game. For one thing, there was the Rachni issue with the Rachni queen you either save or kill in Me1. And I could see her children either becoming a thorn in your side or allies in a second game depending on whether she was killed or not. But that would be more of an A.I. issue than what creatures are programmed into the game. I'd love to see that as pivotal in whether they work against or with you in a 2nd one. Also in how appreciative the aliens (as saviours of the council) are toward you in how they speak, or defenteral and envious (as rulers who crush them under their foot), but that could largely be done with changing what they say and the skins a bit. The types of mission you got sent on for the overarching plot might be the same, but I could see some very different subplots developing too.

I agree, the Rachni Queen decision was what I consider to be the hardest choice in the game, and is an integral part of the plot. I had it in my mind that when they made ME2, we would get to see the consequences of wether you commited genocide or showed compassion. I really do hope it's in ME2 somewhere.

Seems like there might be a few differences whether you went paragon or renegade in first game. For one thing, there was the Rachni issue with the Rachni queen you either save or kill in Me1. And I could see her children either becoming a thorn in your side or allies in a second game depending on whether she was killed or not. But that would be more of an A.I. issue than what creatures are programmed into the game. I'd love to see that as pivotal in whether they work against or with you in a 2nd one. Also in how appreciative the aliens (as saviours of the council) are toward you in how they speak, or defenteral and envious (as rulers who crush them under their foot), but that could largely be done with changing what they say and the skins a bit. The types of mission you got sent on for the overarching plot might be the same, but I could see some very different subplots developing too.

Wait. Don't you still see Rachni on that uncharted world? The one where you see some alliance marines fighting off Rachni and you have to stay with them. I remember you had to apparently connect the Mako to some generator so the turrets would be online. Then eventually go into some mine and fight them off until you slay their leaders? I can't for the life of me remember what that planet or what that quest was called. But I was sure I played it after Noveria. I think that mission was based off of StarShip Troopers

It is possible that more Rachni manage to make it off Noveria after they found the egg on that starship. The research team at Peak 15 could have sent a "clone" or something of the Queen to Cerberus. Bioware can think of anything to give an excuse to why the Rachni would be in the galaxy

Wait. Don't you still see Rachni on that uncharted world? The one where you see some alliance marines fighting off Rachni and you have to stay with them. I remember you had to apparently connect the Mako to some generator so the turrets would be online. Then eventually go into some mine and fight them off until you slay their leaders? I can't for the life of me remember what that planet or what that quest was called. But I was sure I played it after Noveria. I think that mission was based off of StarShip Troopers

It is possible that more Rachni manage to make it off Noveria after they found the egg on that starship. The research team at Peak 15 could have sent a "clone" or something of the Queen to Cerberus. Bioware can think of anything to give an excuse to why the Rachni would be in the galaxy

If I recall correctly, the Rachni on that planet are not connected to the Rachni from Noveria.

ULTRA BIG SPOILER

The geth was wearing Shepard's armor, maybe a new kind of geth that "fusions" with organics, about his death, maybe.....ENOURMOUS SPOILER you can use his son after complete the romance, KILING SPOILER...and play as an asari!!!!

ULTRA BIG SPOILER

The geth was wearing Shepard's armor, maybe a new kind of geth that "fusions" with organics, about his death, maybe.....ENOURMOUS SPOILER you can use his son after complete the romance, KILING SPOILER...and play as an asari!!!!

uh no...

First, my Shepard romanced "Carth II" so no there would be no "little Asari". Second, I heard that ME 2 would be set 3 months after ME 1 and you certainly know that it takes more than three months... However, the Geth/Organics thing could have something to do with it...or Cerberus...(look at the trailer on Bioware's website) especially when you watch the video here (after 1min50): http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/16/rumorang-mass-effect-dlc-mentioned-in-new-me-release-documentar/. And anyway, I just want to be Shepard again!

From the trailers...I think Commander Shepard is dead...and now you must find out how he died...and finish the mission.....an opinion...:D

Why would Bioware talk about allowing you to use your save games to resume your characters then? If you couldn't resume playing as your version of Shepard then they could have just done things TSL style and just have certain questions at the beginning of the game set what occured

Plus as previously mentioned. It would be a big risk for Bioware to kill off the player character of the previous game with such a short span since the previous one. Especially as good a character as Shepard. Too many players would be disappointed with the result and many would just play the original game exclusively for Shepard.

Also. That is the TEASER trailer. The Teaser trailer is only meant to sedate fans and we are doing exactly what Bioware is expecting us to do. This is the intended result of their Geth trooper at the end of the clip. To have us speculate and generate hype like crazy.

Also it does NOT prove Shepard is dead nor does it show Shepard's death. It shows the Normandy and apparently speculates Shepard is dead. There is absolutely no proof to Shepard's death and I doubt there will be until Bioware decides to actually give us a trailer instead of a teaser. There could be millions of reasons as to why it says Shepard is killed in action. Maybe the Normandy was in a space battle and lost all communications so the Alliance believes they were killed in action. Many, many reasons as to the nature of this teaser

I admit I find it funny to see how some of you genuinely believe that the Player character has died before the events in the 2nd chapter of a trilogy of games which themselves draw so much inspiration from Hollywood action movies based on the events of a single small teaser trailer. Especially given the fact that Bioware Dev's in the past have stated that you will have the ability to transfer your character from the first game to the second. :p

2 words; marketing hype. Or if you prefer; Good marketing. :)

Two would be my bet. I think the trailer is very clever atually. It's certainly going to attract a lot of discussion.

It depends what you mean by "clever". That's a nice example of revealing something without really disclosing anything. It tells the players: "Heya, we're not dead and already at THAT point of development." All the info gave there, save one, is already known to everyone who finished the first game, and the message about Shepard is not definitive at all. Considering the save games thingy, I think that's unlikely.

I admit I find it funny to see how some of you genuinely believe that the Player character has died before the events in the 2nd chapter of a trilogy of games which themselves draw so much inspiration from Hollywood action movies based on the events of a single small teaser trailer. Especially given the fact that Bioware Dev's in the past have stated that you will have the ability to transfer your character from the first game to the second. :p

2 words; marketing hype. Or if you prefer; Good marketing. :)

QFE. the only reason this was released was to make people forget about the missing dlc and bugs from the original game and give them something meaningless to speculate on....

Archived