Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... I'm not sure what to think of this. Its a short clip and those scenes are taken randomly. So there's no telling where they fit in. Though I'm not to crazy about how it looks and sounds.

Nor was I with the previous character. Wrex 2.0. :-/

Ofcourse it could be that they're first showing the "evil" "dark side" party members and next up might be a pair of goody good shoes... the far opposite of these 2. >_>

Why can't Bioware keep it more in the middle. Its not that I would hate this Zero, but its turning into a cartoon with gore.

I really don't understand why they would replace a perfectly good existing Krogan party member with a new ordinary and dumb looking Krogan party member.
They basically have to completely wipe Wrex, Garrus, Ashley and Carth Kaiden as party members because they were either optional or could be killed. I would assume they decided it was easier to just replace them outright rather than provide multiple dialogue options to account for the various permutations of their absences.

Why can't Bioware keep it more in the middle. Its not that I would hate this Zero, but its turning into a cartoon with gore.
For all their talk of it, Bioware don't do shades of grey. It's always black and white.

Hahahaha, good try!

Though I'll await reviews from the game when it gets out, though no doubt it'll be the usual Bioware cheese. I don't doubt that.

Doesn't mean its bad persé, but I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol to get a sort of "new" vibe into the RPG scene we have today for PC and Consoles.

But its like 80% sure I'll play ME 2, its going to be decent, hell I'm still playing ME as its good fun.

I've been trying to figure who's in the game. From all the media so far, I've seen/heard these characters in ME2: Thane, Grunt, Sub Zero, Miranda, Jacob, Tali, Liara. There's been a lot of hints about other characters, but those are the only ones that have actually been in trailers or screenshots.

I've liked everything I've seen about Mass Effect 2 except for Sub Zero. She looks terrible, acts like a B****, and is way too over-the-top to the point of being a gimmick character. But... someone's gotta be cannon fodder for the suicide mission.

I posted something like this over at the Bioware forums in their discussion thread for Sub Zero. A bunch of members immediately accused me of being a misogynist for not liking her. 'You're just saying that because she isn't all rosy and doesn't have huge bewbs. You people make me sick'. Yeah, sure, whatever buddy.

:lol: Crazy reactions from die hard fans :lol:

I'll wait till I see more, from the few snippets they've now shown, you can't fully judge the character or how it will evolve in the game.

You get an idea and it doesn't look that good, but perhaps it'll fit better in then you think.

Well, if nothing else, at least the textures look a lot better now than they did in ME1. :D

Yes, I disliked the horribly painful texture 'pop-in' that ruined so many important cutscenes because everybody looked like they were made of molten plastic.

I really hope they've dispensed with that part of the graphics.

^ That's true.

By the way, there's some screenies here of the

SR2 Normandy

. Pretty awesome, it's big.

Wow, cool shot. Is that Garus sitting at the table ?

I do hope the party members from the first game get decent screentime.

Even if they don't stick around or perhaps they all die when the Normandy goes to hell...

Lets prey the texture thing has been resolved or at least reduced to few seconds. Not this minute and a half, well it seemed to get longer each time you played :p

Unlikely, given that he was an optional character. As with Wrex, Ashley, & Kaidan, he'll likely just get a few minutes screen time, but only in the event you import an ME1 save where you had him in your party.

They could give the characters some decent screen time. Every character has some sort of optional side-quest, throw in a few lines of dialogue here and there. Casey Hudson said somewhere that the ME1 character relationships will be built even through to ME3 if the characters survive your decisions. I know I've seen Tali in a bunch of screenshots, and Liara had a big role in the closed door demo at E3. Haven't seen anyone else yet.

And by the way, Garrus can clearly be seen in those Normandy shots. He's in the Galley playing Chutes and Ladders with Captain Anderson :p

They could give the characters some decent screen time.
Except Bioware has already said that most of the ME1 party members only get a brief cameo.

I know I've seen Tali in a bunch of screenshots, and Liara had a big role in the closed door demo at E3.
That's because both are back in the party for ME2. The rest aren't.

^ Did I miss something?

This is the most relevant quote I could find (Hudson with IGN):

“Will Ashley/Garrus/Wrex/etc return in ME2?” Pretty much all the main characters from Mass Effect appear in Mass Effect 2 in one form or another (if they survived your decision-making), and some can join your squad. In general you can expect to continue relationships with these characters across the trilogy, unless you get them killed.

Like I said, that sounds to me like side-missions, whereas Tali and Liara probably contribute to the main quest in some way. I think we're both saying the same thing in different ways...

They have been purposely vague on the subject, but if you read through the various dev posts on the official forums and filter out the usual PR BS then the conclusion you are left with is that you won't be seeing very much at all of the ME1 party besides Tali and Liara. Saying someone will "appear in one form or another" doesn't suggest side-quests to me.

They have been purposely vague on the subject, but if you read through the various dev posts on the official forums and filter out the usual PR BS then the conclusion you are left with is that you won't be seeing very much at all of the ME1 party besides Tali and Liara. Saying someone will "appear in one form or another" doesn't suggest side-quests to me.

The forums have been pretty bleak/blunt at times. A lot of Patrick's posts come as upsets to me as they seem to suggest: A lot more combat, same game time as ME1, save's can't load everything, lots of things get cut due to dev time, and that the black and white dialogue is there to stay. Most of his posts are brutally honest.

Archived