Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

Yeah, there seems to be a delay for PC folks... more info here

EDIT: Woot >> PC DLC UP NOW TOO!

http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc

Xboxers can get it from HERE if unable to access it from the game(as some have been having difficulty doing)

a 700MB+ download apparently for the XB, 991MB for PC. Some xboxers that have already played it have chimed in positively at BW forums, though some noted it is barely an hours worth of extra gameplay, and confirmed no Kasumi dialogue on the Normandy(like Zaeed). Others were excited by the new SMG

Maybe its just me, but it would be more satisfying to wait a few months and get a nice meaty add-on(i.e. a proper exp pack) than this drip feed followed by transient joy. Knowing ME3 is in the works, that is probably unlikely though.

now...off to do some more gardening whilst this downloads ;)

Edit2: Kasumi = Cool. Stolen Memories Mini Review[Minor Plot Spoilers]

Oh so short, Oh so sweet. I loved the Kasumi DLC. She's an interesting character - imagine the tech smarts of Tali, even similar dress sense - but without the stupid mask and refreshingly without the idiotic childish whinyness. She reminded me of the super sexy Catwoman from the old Batman series...

With the way she goes to work on the villain's chopper I can see how folks on the BW forums are describing her portrayal as a cross between a ninja and spiderman :p

There were some really cool touches IMO - being an art fan, I loved seeing that the statue of David makes it into the distant future, though somehwat messed up ;) That Kasumi is into Art is very sexy IMO.When you find the password - I thought - "hey, that's the chap who stole the Mona Lisa" -and she said it a few seconds later!

The Krogan animation looping on the vault monitor was a funny detail - Krogemon? hehe

When you visit her on the Normandy, even with the limited dialogue you get from her, she still feels warm and approachable and really interesting - unlike the rest of the team who apart from Mordin are not as pleasant to be around for just small talk.

As much as I like Samara and Thane, they have some major baggage and the difficult events in their lives have just happened/are still happening. Kasumi's had a bit more time and hassles you less. Of course, the nature/size of the DLC alone means that the writers probably wouldn't want to spring another epically disturbed character on you ;)

It was interesting that Hock was hinting to Shep(Alison Gunn if youre femshep) that Kasumi's desire to get the graybox back wasn't all about Love. We are told that it has some damning stuff on the Alliance in there, so it will be cool to see if that pans out in ME3.

Still, she was so nice to chat to, it really made me want to put Suze/Jack into the airlock for starters, and freeze Thane in carbonite until ME3 so he'd stop moping..

It was just an hour of new stuff for $7. I know there are people who are going to bemoan the cost, and the fact that part of Kasumi was already (partly) paid for on the disc. Fair enough - we can only remind those people that it is actually not compulsory to buy the DLC.

In other news, BioWare indicates No Schlong for Male Shep on the cards.

I guess that will make a lot of sad people happy, and alot of happy(read:Gay) people sad :violin:

Distressing to know that Isabel Shepard will never get any closer to Chakwas unless I can get a machinima going

mtfbwya

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got ME2 in the mail today and find myself wondering.

Is the Blood Dragon armor any good?

It is one of (if not) the best armors in DAO, but is it any good in ME2?

Personally I'm not a big fan of any of the DLC or bonus armor since they all come with a full helmet that seems to be spot-welded on and cannot be removed under any circumstance (even during dialog and cutscenes). Feels a bit pointless to spend an hour trying to customize Shepard's face to your liking only to stick it in a bucket for the rest of the game. :)

They also come as a single full body unit and as such can't be customized, upgraded or recolored in any way, unlike your standard N7 combat hardsuit.

As for the blood dragon armor in particular it kind of looks like a cartoony mandalorian-ish armor to me:

me2bdragon.jpg.6a7bc229fbad3363bd91957ff1cf7321.jpg

It provides a +15% increase in Power damage and +10% increase in shield/armor/barrier strength.

I used the Terminus armor for the first two missions on my first time through until, like stoffe, I got tired of not being able to see Shepard's face. I tried the Blood Dragon armor but I think it fits better in DAO than ME and while both the Terminus and Blood Dragon armors have some nice bonuses you don't need them to play the game.

Edit2: Kasumi = Cool. Stolen Memories Mini Review[Minor Plot Spoilers]

While I agree that getting new content is cool and that Kasumi's loyalty quest is pretty interesting during its first half, I just can't describe this DLC or Kasumi's character as "good" and/or "worth it".

When you take a look at it, you get absolutely the same amount of content as with the Zaeed DLC, which is:

• a medium sized recruitment conversation
  • an instantly available loyalty quest
  • one new weapon
  • one new squadmate with short comments instead of proper dialogs
  • one new loyalty power
  • a new area of the Normandy with usable items (comment items, bar at Kasumi's, trash compactor at Zaeed's)
  • (this one is just in case I forgot anything)

Taking that into consideration, along with the fact that Kasumi was a paid DLC, unlike the free Zaeed, I can't help but see it as a rip-off. It would have been a great free DLC, but it's a poor paid one.

You are, of course, absolutely right in saying that buying DLCs is not compulsory, but the fact is that not having a certain DLC leaves the player with the feeling of not having a complete game. And we RPGers are especially susceptible to it, since we want to know the whole story - every little detail, no matter how insignificant it may actually be, counts for us, hence, despite DLC purchase not actually being compulsory, we feel compelled to get it nonetheless.

Ah, the evils of marketing. :lol:

In other news, BioWare indicates No Schlong for Male Shep on the cards.

I guess that will make a lot of sad people happy, and alot of happy(read:Gay) people sad :violin:

Distressing to know that Isabel Shepard will never get any closer to Chakwas unless I can get a machinima going

mtfbwya

Considering the fact that the game's rated M, and there's plenty of other elements in the game that you wouldn't see in a PG-13 rated movie (ie more profanity), that seems like a bit of a lame excuse. But, then again, I run what's probably the gayest Star Wars RP in the Dantooine Theatre Company (still at a PG-13 level, though), so I probably disagree with most on this one. Also, I disagree with the idea of making concessions for people who are intolerant of others.

Huh, i've used the code in DAO and so far can't find armor in ME2.

When or Where is the armor to be found ingame?

This may sound daft, but have you downloaded and installed it from your 'Registered Promotions' profile tab on the BioWare site?

along with the fact that Kasumi was a paid DLC, unlike the free Zaeed

Doesnt Zaeed only come with Cerberus access??

The collectors edition/cerberus access costs more if than if you bought the standard version of the game. I definitely paid $20 extra for the collectors edition, getting the pretty book etc as well as "free Zaeed" lolz.

I spent 38 hours on the game for my initial playthrough +1 hour for firewalker So from a mathematical perspective... I'll adjust the price of what I paid to $100AUD, as that is inbetween the standard edition and the collectors edition.

By that estimation - an hour of new content should cost $2.56AUD :D - even less for those who payed less for the game :p

I think Stoffe got the greatest value, with her 75 hour playthrough !

Hence, is an extra hour really worth $7USD ? If you look at it from a mathematical perspective, you could argue no.

Still, Kasumi was fun. I definitely wouldn't have been as pleased to pay $7 for the fancy dune buggy mission(s).

mtfbwya

When or Where is the armor to be found ingame?

At any armor customization terminal. You'll encounter the first one just after escaping from the Lazarus Station, just before you first meet TIM. After that you'll find one in the captain's quarters aboard the Normandy.

Then something is wrong as i can't find the Blood Dragon armor anywhere.

I should probably have mentioned this before, i'm playing ME2 on the 360.

It will still be there. I played on the 360 and it is in the same place as stoffe described. Be sure you have registered the game and completely downloaded the DLC. Mine had a habit of waiting a couple hours before downloading the content when the bioware server was busy.

cerberus access costs more if than if you bought the standard version of the game.
Cerberus Network access is free for everyone who buys any edition of the game before May (or thereabouts). After that, access costs the same for everybody (US$15). All the special edition gets you is the book, a making-of DVD and a few bonus items.

It's purely a scheme to try and reduce second-hand sales. It's the same thing with Shale for DA - free for purchasers of the original game for the first few months.

Cerberus Network access is free for everyone who buys any edition of the game before May (or thereabouts). After that, access costs the same for everybody (US$15)

Interesting

*strokes pussycat*

I guess the cerberus access on the DLC portal of the BioWare Store is for second hand copies of the console version???

All in all though. To break it down, its not that big a deal. Zaeed's a fett-without-a-mask wannabee and the Firewalker buggy........ is a buggy.

As igyman said, its EA/BioWare marketing weaving their magic. Kasumi is the only DLC I've enjoyed so far.

If Zaeed was the first paid DLC instead of cool Kasumi, 2 people would have bought it - the dude who portrayed Zaeed, and his mum[/hyperbole] :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

Then something is wrong as i can't find the Blood Dragon armor anywhere.

I should probably have mentioned this before, i'm playing ME2 on the 360.

Hmmm, that's odd. I've played it on the 360, at a certain point I got a message that my download was complete. Plus a little later, I got a message at my private terminale, that my armour was delivered to my cabin.

Mind that I did a few missions before I got the ingame message.

It's what happened for most of my DLC. Was playing the game itself, while they where downloading in the background.

I didn't have to stop playing or anything.

Well, i did the downloading before i started playing the game.

The only armors i have at the moment is the Cerberus Armor and the default N7 armor.

I did get a message on the PC about an armor being delivered to my cabin, i went up and had a look and found the Cerberus armor.

I haven't done much though, other than the reqruiting of 3-4 party members and a lot of planet scanning.

Just finished the Kasumi DLC and all I can think is that was almost an hour of my life I will never get back. The best thing I can say about it is at least now that my PC has 5 out of 5 in Tech damage. Thought the first 5 minutes meeting Kasumi were great, but it quickly went downhill from there. In my opinion the mission was utterly predictable and lacked any originality. It seems to me BioWare was saving the worse for last. The only thrill I got out of the entire quest was watching Kasumi use Shadow Strike for the first time. Only wished bioware would have thrown us a little bone and made that a loyalty power. Best thing I can say about Kasumi is that she is easy on the eyes and her voice is way less grating than Zaeed. Even though Zaeed loyalty mission was better and it was free, I still feel like Zaeed was a bigger rip-off.

Unless BioWare decides to make DLC with NPC that actually speak to the PC in their so-called “Role-Playing Action Games,” then I’m done purchasing this crap they pass off for DLC (even the free crap). I feel like I’ve just purchase horse armor all over again.

I want more “Bring Down the Sky” and less “Pinnacle Station.” Better yet, I hope the just give up the DLC and concentrate on ME3 and DA2.

I want more “Bring Down the Sky”...

And you complain about the Kasumi mission being predictable ?!!

I enjoyed this DLC for Kasumi herself more than anything. There's not much in ME2 that is unpredictable - it's not a puzzle game or platform jumper. It's the cascade effects our choices have on the grand scheme of the story that adds some richness to the experience, and you are NEVER going to get that in add on mission.

To be pining for it is folly, to lament about a lost hour of your life after going through it makes even less sense.

give up the DLC and concentrate on ME3 and DA2.

I think this is the best way to prevent such disappointment and waste of your life force in future :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

Just finished the Kasumi DLC and all I can think is that was almost an hour of my life I will never get back.

This is how I felt after watching the last Rambo movie, only it was around an hour and a half. :(

The thing about Kasumi is that it was hyped up long before even being officially announced, so it's no wonder people are buying it, or considering to do so.

My overall impression of this DLC was very "meh". The guy who voiced Donovan Hock sounds terrible and unconvincing and his giant holographic head in the vault, or that over-the-top action sequence in the end didn't help matters. While watching that sequence when Kasumi gets to the chopper I remember thinking they should have simply named her "Princess of Persia", or something.

The Dragon Age ogre statue was a nice touch though.

Just finished the Kasumi DLC and all I can think is that was almost an hour of my life I will never get back. The best thing I can say about it is at least now that my PC has 5 out of 5 in Tech damage.

Just shows that you can never please everyone. :p

I like the Kasumi DLC and thought it was worth the cost. But then I tend to stay away from pre-release hype on everything game related, so I didn't have any expectations or preconceived notions about what it should be.

The initial meeting on the Citadel could certainly have been made less blatantly obvious, making you look around for a bit and find it in some secluded spot rather than have it shoved right up your face the moment you leave the car.

Her mission was interesting I thought, a whole new environment to check out and some short infiltration work. Though it could probably have been somewhat better with less hand-holding, letting you figure things out more on your own rather than Kasumi telling you what to do the whole time. :)

As for the post-recruitment I've only done a few missions and quests since getting her to join, but she seems to have chime-in comments and banter in the same places that the standard squad members have. And her Shadow Strike power seems to be very powerful (would have made my Infiltrator envious, a shame you don't get that as a loyalty power for Shepard) so she carries her weight in battle.

I do agree it's a shame you can't talk to her more while on the Normandy. While her monologue commentary about the shipmates and what you're doing is interesting, surely they could have thought of at least something you could actively talk to her about. :)

lolz...Make sure you never visit South Africa igyman :)

mtfbwya

:lol: I'm not talking about the accent, but the quality of the guy's voice acting. He was monotonous, reading every line in exactly the same way, like he just wanted to get it over with and go home.

And you complain about the Kasumi mission being predictable ?!!
I can deal with predictable if they give me a second or a few seconds of originality.

For BioWare making a mission where you can't both save the innocents and kill the bad guy is far from predictable and is original at least when it comes to BioWare games lately.

I enjoyed this DLC for Kasumi herself more than anything.[/Quote] Which I have no problem with. I’m really happy you enjoyed it.

There's not much in ME2 that is unpredictable - it's not a puzzle game or platform jumper[/Quote]If it were a puzzle game or platform jumper I never would have played ME2.

It's the cascade effects our choices have on the grand scheme of the story that adds some richness to the experience, and you are NEVER going to get that in add on mission.
That is what I want and thought BioWare did a wonderful job with the original non-downloadable content add on crew members. My problem wasn’t with the mission. I thought it was far from the most enjoyable loyalty mission, but it truth Thane’s was just as much a go from point A to point B as this yet was more enjoyable to me. Why? Because I actually could get a few lines of dialogue out of him in order to have a small excuse to even care about his problem. I just don’t get that with Zaeed or Kasumi.

I think this is the best way to prevent such disappointment and waste of your life force in future :thmbup1:
I agree, but we are talking about too different things because I meant for BioWare to concentrate on ME3 and DA2.
But then I tend to stay away from pre-release hype on everything game related, so I didn't have any expectations or preconceived notions about what it should be.[/Quote]After Zaeed, I thought this would be about the same. The only notion I had was that she would be like Zaeed and yet I was still disappointed. I just expect more from BioWare. Had this been from Bethesda or Lionhead, it would have been perfectly acceptable to me. I understand those studios make no attempt for you to invest any emotions into a NPC beyond the mission, BioWare usually does (expect obliviously for their DLC).
I do agree it's a shame you can't talk to her more while on the Normandy. While her monologue commentary about the shipmates and what you're doing is interesting, surely they could have thought of at least something you could actively talk to her about. :)

I could deal with all the rest, but lack of ability to actively talk set me off. They did not have to make her say anything important that would interfere with the rest of the game or ME3. Just let my Shepard ask how she is doing and her reply that she is dealing with it would have been enough for me. I just want an excuse to care at all about my crewmate.

Archived