Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

Very, very sad. The shadow broker is one of the more interesting unseen characters of Mass Effect, so it's a real shame to deal with him or her through a meager DLC. Then again, who knows - it might simply serve as an introduction to that particular character which could span into ME3. I guess, we'll have to wait and see.

This DLC might even be a way for the SB to fake his/her/its death.

Who knows, we might even get a 'Return Of The Shadow Broker' DLC/mission for ME3.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's grab the pitchforks!! :D

OT: I always found the part Liara played in ME:2 bad. She was my romance from Me:1 and it was never referenced in ME:2. Just a hug, some dialogue...that's it. Not good.

I hope this pack will fix it :)

There'll be no living with him now :rolleyes:

I can give you a few names that would say there was no living with me before this either. :D

Unfortunately you were pipped by about half the internet.
I can’t help that when I type, people copy. It is a curse.

My next Mass Effect prediction:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
At the end of Mass Effect 3, Shepard defeats the reaper fleet.
I would tell you how, but I don’t want to spoil it for the internet.

;)

My next Mass Effect prediction:

Show spoiler
At the end of Mass Effect 3, Shepard defeats the reaper fleet.
I would tell you how, but I don’t want to spoil it for the internet.

;)

My highly educated analysis concludes that he decides the best course of action is:

Show spoiler
to take cover and shoot them till they die.

Edit:

Show spoiler
with a pistol.

I doubt it. Here's what will really happen. In the name of "streamlining" and a "more cinematic experience", there will be no directly controlled combat in ME3. Instead, everything will be handled in cutscenes with interjections. Renegade Shepard will headbutt Harbinger, kick it out a window, then shoot a nearby gas pipe to set it on fire, thus destroying it and crippling the entire Reaper fleet. Paragon Shepard, being a pansy, agrees to being turned into a human milkshake. The end.

I doubt it. Here's what will really happen. In the name of "streamlining" and a "more cinematic experience", there will be no directly controlled combat in ME3. Instead, everything will be handled in cutscenes with interjections. Renegade Shepard will headbutt Harbinger, kick it out a window, then shoot a nearby gas pipe to set it on fire, thus destroying it and crippling the entire Reaper fleet. Paragon Shepard, being a pansy, agrees to being turned into a human milkshake. The end.

"Amazing, breathtaking work of art..."

~ Gamespot

"Groundbreaking advancement for video games, truly cinematic..."

~ IGN

"Storytelling better than the best novels, an absolute gem of human culture..."

~ The Escapist

99% on MetaCritic

If it does I think people will be pissed. I think the only way that would happen though is if a) she permanently joins the crew and b) you play through the content after finishing the game. Seems to me it will be just a temporary hookup and you'll have to wait until ME3 to resolve the tangled romantic threads your Shep has weaved. That being the case, the likely get out of jail card they will pull to keep Liara away from you is that the Shadow Broker escapes and she keeps hunting him.

Is that a new pistol Shepard's using there?

Yes.

Oh, yeah and according to Jarrett Lee, regarding the Shadow Broker DLC:

I think most of you will find it to be our most satisfying DLC release yet for ME2

Zaeed ended being my favorite and 'most satisfying' DLC, and the rest of it that I've played (haven't tried Firewalker, Kasumi, or any of the add-on item packs unless its the Blood Dragon Armor) were meh, so good luck with that.

Does this mean that if you don't buy the DLC, you don't get to know the whole Shadow Broker story? For something as important as the Broker in ME's story (and all its teasing in-game), it'd be a shame to miss this because you just played the vanilla games 1-2-3.

Finished first run through ME2 last night.

I'll give Bioware credit: the game was a lot better than I was expecting. Not an RPG for the ages, but definitely fun. They seem to have fixed a lot of the issues that I had with the first installment and I found myself considering the possibility that I might have to revamp my opinion of Drew Karpyshyn. Then the credits rolled. I noticed that he had second billing for Lead Writer and suddenly the disparity between the really good writing and the really bad writing made sense. Hopefully this Mac Walters guy sticks around for a bit.

Assignments were very optional. They were short, clean, and had variety.

The loyalty missions had meat on them, though it saddened me that once again I felt that I was forced to choose between the story and the game, though not nearly as much as the first game.

I'll give Bioware credit: the game was a lot better than I was expecting. Not an RPG for the ages, but definitely fun.
I'll hold off counting this as any indication of praise until your third or fourth playthrough. After you have had time to dissect the game to find the stuff that really annoys you. If after that you still can say it was fun, then I will consider that a major accomplishment by BioWare. :xp:

[quote name=mimartin;2742667After you have had time to dissect the game to find the stuff that really annoys you. If after that you still can say it was fun' date=' then I will consider that a major accomplishment by BioWare. :xp:[/quote]

What? Playing a very long game four times through until it becomes annoying is the key to finding out if it is good or not? What a bizarre thing to say.

mtfbwya

What? Playing a very long game four times through until it becomes annoying is the key to finding out if it is good or not? What a bizarre thing to say.
My comments were in reply to Achilles and his adequate appraisal of Mass Effect 2. I was just remembering his feelings toward the first Mass Effect getting worse and worse the longer he played. The only thing that ruined Mass Effect for me was playing Mass Effect 2. :)

I agree with Sabre, good games should not get annoying; they may get boring after multiple playthrough, but never annoying.

I'll hold off counting this as any indication of praise until your third or fourth playthrough. After you have had time to dissect the game to find the stuff that really annoys you. If after that you still can say it was fun, then I will consider that a major accomplishment by BioWare. :xp:

At least this one is playable, unlike the first 12 hours of boredom that Bioware released under the name.

Pretty nice workmanship, if you are into that sot of thing - http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/07/mass-effect-cosplay-a-new-challenger-enters/

In case no one saw the challenge.

"A very intense woman in armor threatened me with a gun if I didn't say this. I'm Commander Shepard, and this my favor-"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

And oddly, the Shepard in this video looks like some odd offspring of my femshep and Astro's Isabel... :hor:

Archived