Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^had totally forgotten about Kasumi the last time I looked at that door and wondered what was supposed to be there.

I also find Zaeed very useful in combat. Also, he has a few amusingly stupid comments but it still doesn't make up for the lack of dialog.

Agreed. Ashame they didn't do more with either of them. I doubt the lines they would have to have had Mark or Jen read in that case would have busted their bank.

^had totally forgotten about Kasumi the last time I looked at that door and wondered what was supposed to be there.

How could you forget, that is also the room with the bar in it. Nothing like a cold pink or blue drink after a hard day of killing Collectors. Just don't eat the nuts in the red bowl.

I thought some of Kasumi's comments were really funny/nice, particularly the romance-related ones. I particularly loved her comment on Tali, though I'm damned if i can remember what it was...

Also, Zaeed is amazing in combat, mostly because of the bugged Incisor - NPCs accuracy and deadliness with it is just unbelievable. Equip any two party members who can use it and just go totally cheap on the enemy's asses. Much fun. That's why Garrus was pretty much a permanent member of my team last playthrough (and because he's brilliant).

@Qui-Gonn Glenn, I know what you mean about the LotSB, romance-missing thing... I restarted the whole Hagalaz mission because I missed the prompt to kiss her. I was raging... well not really but it was disappointing initially.

I thought some of Kasumi's comments were really funny/nice, particularly the romance-related ones. I particularly loved her comment on Tali, though I'm damned if i can remember what it was...

"Tali is so cute. You're all she talks about in that sweet rainbows-and-butterflies kind of way. She loves you, Shepard. Be good to her."

"Tali is so cute. You're all she talks about in that sweet rainbows-and-butterflies kind of way. She loves you, Shepard. Be good to her."

That's the one :thmbup1:

Does suggest a worrying degree of obsession though :raise:

Does Kasumi talk about Garrus, Liara, or any of the other LI's?

Yup, though she only really mentions Liara in passing. She says "I hear you two were an item. It must have been hard seeing her again." Nothing post LotSB as far as i know. Garrus i'm not sure about because i never romanced him. My love for him is more a bromance :p For Thane she says something about his "huge dark eyes fluttering" and talks about Miranda being happy while she works. She probably expresses jealously if shep goes with Jacob xD

edit: wait, i just quoted her quote (argh meta) aobut Liara from memory... I'm obsessed too! self burn ftl

^well, if anyone was gonna find that quote.... :p

*Pictures ChAiNz reading this off a tattoo*

Find hell ChAiNz knew that by heart...

I don’t want to know where that tattoo is. DON”T WANT TO KNOW :nutz3:

That's the one :thmbup1:

Does suggest a worrying degree of obsession though :raise:

picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=7956

:xp: hehehe

I finally ventured over here...almost done with Mass Effect 2. I've explored all of the planets and did all of the assignments. All that is left is finishing the main quest. I'm a little sad about it, I really enjoyed playing this game. :)

After this round though, I'm going to create a new character in ME1 and go through that and ME2 again. :D

I can't wait for Mass Effect 3!

I finally ventured over here...almost done with Mass Effect 2. I've explored all of the planets and did all of the assignments. All that is left is finishing the main quest. I'm a little sad about it, I really enjoyed playing this game. :)

After this round though, I'm going to create a new character in ME1 and go through that and ME2 again. :D

I can't wait for Mass Effect 3!

Take your time with it. Pretty soon you will end up with nothing new to do. Just like me. I've done everything there is to do in both games (including DLC). This is why I'm so hyped up for the Arrival DLC. As Mass Effect 3 is not scheduled to be released till 12/31/11, which by the way is AFTER Christmas. So there goes the perfect Christmas gift.

The core parts of ME1 aren't bad, but all the busy work (looking for minerals, etc..) gets a bit tedious and doesn't really add anything to the game.....save the occasional decent inventory item. It is a shame that ME2 didn't give you all the dossiers at the beginning of the game to allow you more crew mixing options for the recruitment missions. Don't worry about it going too stale....just ask mim. ;)

I love both ME1 and ME2. but don't shoot me down for this fans, but am i the ONLY one who preferred the ME2 equipment scheme to ME1s? I love how, yeah, u can buy a few different upgrades, but ultimately THAT is your armor. I really love that. I didn't like it in ME1. I just dont think Mass Effect suits that type of customisation like other rpgs..

Dragon age, however, DOES suit it.

EDIT: Am i the only one, while hyped up, worried about the arrival DLC, on top of ME3s release time..

a portion of the team working on arrival, and ME3 itself comes in winter...I don't think ME3 will be a great game if i am honest because I doubt it will have as much work done to it as ME2. We waited 2-3 years for ME2 remember.q

The one thing I do like about ME2 equipment scheme is I don't spend half my time turning equipment into omni-gel after I had more credits than Miranda's father. Also I don't see the negative in not being able to change armor beyond the DLC armor when the default armor has the ability to be customized and upgraded. At least now I don’t have 10 sets of heavy phoenix armor as Shepard’s best armor in his inventory while playing as a male adept.

I’m not worried about the development time for ME3. BioWare said from the beginning that this franchise would be a trilogy. So I don’t look at the development time for ME3 to be the time between ME2 and ME3, I see it more as the time between ME1 and ME3. I don’t look for a massive change in system between M2 and ME3, but more of a tweak of the ME2 system.

Archived