Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bioware have listened to the fans and removed everything they didn't like, as was the case with the development of ME2. Subsequently, ME3 will consist of a 10 hour cutscene with a couple of interrupts to make something awesome happen.

I'm not a fan of cutscenes...;)

Depending on the game, i'm not too big a fan of most cutscenes myself and tend to use the skip button if i can.

Cutscenes are ok the first time to the extent that they advance the story (if only b/c the material hasn't been seen yet at that point), but should be skippable. Much of the opening of ME2 was like a gigantic cutscene that you should have been able to skip through on subsequent plays.

The one thing I do like about ME2 equipment scheme is I don't spend half my time turning equipment into omni-gel after I had more credits than Miranda's father. Also I don't see the negative in not being able to change armor beyond the DLC armor when the default armor has the ability to be customized and upgraded. At least now I don’t have 10 sets of heavy phoenix armor as Shepard’s best armor in his inventory while playing as a male adept.

Yeah, it seemed like a lot of the loot you picked up was overly repetitive, esp the armor. Only way to change the problem of ill-timed "forced liquidation" was to go into one of the files and change the limit from 150 +/- to a much higher number. Still have to lighten the load periodically via omni gel conversion or a merchant, but it avoids you losing out on something decent in random stash loot b/c you hadn't done that yet b/c you forgot to pay attention to the lower limit while killing your enemies. Who knew that Miranda's father was only a multi-millionaire. :xp:

I love both ME1 and ME2. but don't shoot me down for this fans, but am i the ONLY one who preferred the ME2 equipment scheme to ME1s?

You are not alone ;)

Micro managing is fine in some games.. just really felt out of place in ME1... that or I'm just getting old(er) and (more) impatient in my senility :xp:

^ Yah I preferred the stripped-down equipment in ME2, suits the universe more for me. Dragon Age (yah i know wrong topic, so sue me) does not suit it however. I always hated ME1's endless repeating armours and guns, only differing slightly in terms of damage and looks, and argh the bullet types grrr.

ME2's guns all have distinct looks and feels, and i like that. The armours are cool also, and it makes sense that you're not switching every time you find a new piece of equipment.

You are not alone ;)

Micro managing is fine in some games.. just really felt out of place in ME1... that or I'm just getting old(er) and (more) impatient in my senility :xp:

I also agree. One of the things I don't really miss about ME is the endless customization options. As to you, ChAiNz.....you lost your mind long before your "senility" caught up with you. :xp:Waltzes away before the "old man" can even find the perma-ban button :devsmoke:

Bioware have listened to the fans and removed everything they didn't like, as was the case with the development of ME2. Subsequently, ME3 will consist of a 10 hour cutscene with a couple of interrupts to make something awesome happen.

And 'romance options'. A cursory glance at the Bioware forums shows that the fans can't get enough of them romance options.

I find myself slowly turning into an NMA-style glittering gem of hatred. Must... resist....

Edit: Just wanted to add that the game would probably sell insane amounts of copies even if it was just a 5 minute long video of Tali taking the mask off.

Who knew that Miranda's father was only a multi-millionaire. :xp:
He had his money invested in Human Colony Development in the Terminus System and the bubble burst.

Yes.... yes it would, err.. for those ya know.. obsessed people. silly obsessed people :sweat:
:raise:

Well, just got an email from EA telling me that Mass Effect 3 has an estimated release time of 'Winter, 2011'.

That and finding Mass Effect 3 on the Pre-order list of my favorite online game shopping site indicates that ME3 will be released around christmas/new years time of this year.

Thank you for that link Salzella! I am glad to know when that DLC is going to be released... although making the time to play it will be difficult. Somehow, I know I will find a way though ;)

It will be nice to have Hackett back.... I liked his little interludes and praises (I play Paragon, yes I play LS too.... goody two-shoes FTW), and enjoy the voice of Bishop yacking through the com channel. I have to play ME1 at least one more time though; my second playthrough netted me a level 59 Shep with a fair amount of XP points to go to get to level 60. Seems I was not as thorough the second time through. The Arrival DLC provides a good reason to go ahead and max that character out, so that I can replay ME2 and make sure I don't mess up my affair with Liara this time :crybaby:

Oh... and not cheat on her with Jack and Tali :eek:

The Arrival DLC provides a good reason to go ahead and max that character out, so that I can replay ME2 and make sure I don't mess up my affair with Liara this time :crybaby:

Haha.. I felt so bad 'cheating' on Liara (no clue Tali would be an option in the sequel :fist: ) I specifically made a no romance option Shepard in ME1 so I could chase Tali with no backlash (yeah, I know.. laaaame) :lol:

I now have 3 *main* male Shepards (and countless other misc.) prepared for ME3.. Liara, Ashley & Tali chasers.. guess which is my fave of the 3 though :xp:

You cheated on Liara (<3) with... Jack? :raise:

poker face :indif:

Personally I've got my 'Kiera' femshep raring to go on Arrival and primed to kick Reaper ass come ME3. It will be glorious. As will the continuation of the cross-species hoemance with Liara :D

Archived