Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

I can get over Miranda's in-game visuals just knowing that she looks like this in real life -

20k6uz4.jpg

Agreed that they failed miserably to do the lovely Yvonne justice face-wise, but this?

a bowl-clenching Michael Jackson lookalike

3603185713_d6d117d20a.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seafood Dinner $45.00

Movie Tickets and Snacks $40.00

Cover Charge and Drinks at Nice Club $35.00

Seeing lady strip once you get her home PRICELESS.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
However it was not for free.
:xp:

Why not just skip all that boring s**t and just go find a prostitute, the cost is approximately the same. Or actually twice that, but still, you dont have to watch a crappy movie, eat food you know you dont like but you just have to because it cost so much and be forced to listen to horribly brain-numbing music at a club. Not to mention that you dont have to hit on her, you dont have to talk all witty... I just realised why i dont have a girlfriend :xp:

Agreed that they failed miserably to do the lovely Yvonne justice face-wise, but this?

You think I'm being uncharitable? Note that I did put that as the worst end of the spectrum for how she looks in-game, with the best being vaguely tolerable. Anyway, with same length black hair, same skin tone, odd noses, and disconcerting uncanny-valley almost-but-not-quite human looks, among other similarities, I'd say the comparison is fair.

But mainly because I just try to use the word bowl-clenching as often as life presents me with reasonable excuses to do so. I'm so mature and dignified it hurts.

Seriously, Miranda is -weird- looking. Her eyelids have this tendency to sort of droop down, again like one of my grandma's creepy dolls, and her face is just...weirdly shaped. And even when they eyes are open, they're cold and dead like a shark.

This gives slightly more info.

I'm getting prepared for a major letdown because for the first time ever I’m totally excited about DLC. I’ve been pleasantly surprised in the past about DLC, like Bring Down the Sky, Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker, but usually DLC has left me feeling like I did when I got the Horse Armor for Oblivion. :(

Totally ready to give Shepard a little more target practice in preparation for the real battle come December.

left me feeling like I did when I got the Horse Armor for Oblivion. :(

Mim... I didn't know.... I'm so sorry. If you ever need to talk, to have some help recovering from what Bethesda did to you, I'm here for you. We all are. Just know it wasn't your fault it happened, they tricked you into it, and we're being very careful to make sure they can never hurt you again.

Edit: The fact that this pretty weak joke of mine is the final post in such a long-running thread makes me very very sad.

Edit 2: Saved!

Arrival took me about an hour and a half to complete on Veteran. So it is indeed short. However, this maybe just my typical Bioware fandom coming out, but I loved it. This enthusiasm may decrease over time when I figure out the urgency I felt playing the mission was just an illusion, but it did work for me the first time through.

While the story was predictable and Dr. Kenson was a bore I still felt urgency and anxiety while fighting my way through the mission. I used my first playthrough Shepard from ME2, a Level 30 Adept who was until this mission pure as the driven snow,

She hadn’t even shot Conrad in the foot.

, but that did not stop me from making perhaps her first renegade choice in either ME or ME2 up until this point. I just felt the urgency of the mission dictated making the more direct, faster choice.

Again this may all be an illusion, but I did enjoy Arrival the first time through.

I used my first playthrough Shepard from ME2, a Level 30 Adept who was until this mission pure as the driven snow,

She hadn’t even shot Conrad in the foot.

, but that did not stop me from making perhaps her first renegade choice in either ME or ME2 up until this point.

Hmm....NO renegade decisions in 2 games? Don't think I've ever stuck to just one or the other in either game, nevermind both.

Most of my Shepards have been Paragon, but I usually pick a few renegade decisions like,

ending conversations with a bullet, throwing the guy off the building and especially shooting Conrad

, but my first Shepard is always strictly paragon. Truth be told my first PC in any game is always strictly a good girl, usually named Angel. I've made way more renegade decisions in ME2 than I have any game unless I was playing a bad character.

A poor time for your Paragon to suddenly take Renegade options. There are no actual choices - the outcome is identical.
wow you already know what is going to happen in ME3 because I figure the choice will have more to do with ME3 than what happened on this mission.

I’m totally shocked DarthParametric that you would be critical about a game. ;)

wow you already know what is going to happen in ME3 because I figure the choice will have more to do with ME3 than what happened on this mission.
I know because there is no "choice". There's only a single outcome whatever you do, presumably for two reasons. The first being ME3 - they needed a known outcome whether people played the DLC or not or regardles of what they said/did. The second is that it's simply cheaper and quicker to produce linear content.

Oh and you can toss in a third possibility as well, as Mike Laidlaw said in a recent interview that people don't really want choice, they just want the illusion of choice. That's arguably always been Bioware's dsign mantra anyway, but I guess now they just aren't going out of their way to deny it.

wow.. I love ME2, but this DLC was pure fail :(

Far too short.. absolutely NO choice in the outcome (other than not playing it).

No paragon choices with any consequence, and the one that is there (kinda) you get c**k-blocked by an interrupted transmission :xp:

Don't waste your time. Hard for me to say really.. but I'm really disappointed in this one. Spend your money on Shadow Broker if you haven't already.

Unfortunately I just didn't feel the urgency. Perhaps if there was a countdown timer on the mission (since they kept shoving one in your face in all the cutscenes).. that may have added something, but the only thing "timed" in the game was the end sequence.. and it was atrociously long. I just pop-shot/heavy slam the entire ending wave from the entrance cover (vacuum sequence start) and still had more than a 3/4 timer left. Maybe something other than a Sentinel was harder?

Seemed more of a "let's just throw a crap ton of enemies at Shepard in this one and call it a DLC" :¬:

To be fair, the timer you see is actually a mission timer.

Well that changes at least one aspect. Good to know the obtrusive countdown IS actually there for something. Thanks for the link :D

Now, if it wasn't around 30 minutes for the ending, that might make me sweat a bit ;) hehehe

Get back to me with the alternative outcome after you've played it a second time doing the opposite of what you did the first time.

Had you actually read what I wrote about then you would know I don't expect a different outcome within ME2. I expect the choice, minor as it may be, MAY have some type of ramification in ME3 at Shepard's

Trial

perhaps.

You however have stated that the choice in Arrival will not have any consequences in ME3 as if it is fact. When I asked you how exactly you knew you gave a circumstantial reply that did not prove for a fact if it would or would not affect ME3. I’m of the opinion that it may or may not, because I’m not arrogant enough to believe I know it all especially about a game that isn’t even on a disk yet.

To be fair, the timer you see is actually a mission timer. Observe:

Does that mean there is a critical choice in Arrival?

You don’t finish the DLC in a timely matter you lose.

:D

Where did I say it would play a major role? I'm pretty sure I wrote minor.

If ME3 was a Bethesa product then it would be a perfect starting point for ME3; Shepard’s trial, dishonor, conviction and then the galaxy expecting the disgraced prisoner to save its sorry butt when the Reapers appear.

But BioWare could not be that cliché, could they? ;)

Archived