Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

I'd research all upgrades as they become available (for the ships, squad and Shepard), makes a difference at one point or another, and buy all the improvements you can find in stores at the hub worlds. (You can pick up some upgrades while out on missions and side quests too.) If you scan planets for mineral resources you'll get more than you can ever spend, so you shouldn't have any problems researching everything.
On that note, in ME1 you end the game with more money than you could possibly spend, not the case in ME2 well at least for me, there were some upgrades I simply couldn't buy because I couldn't scrounge enough credits. Anyway my point is that at all the stores in ME2, you can find a way to negotiate for a discount at the store most of the time using a Paragon/Renegade check, sometimes with minor questing. I would recommend always trying to get the discount before buying anything.

Without having seen the game, I can't be sure, but most choices would have to trump Ashley (I never much cared for her character).
Miranda's ass is simply a sight to behold. o_Q

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On that note, in ME1 you end the game with more money than you could possibly spend, not the case in ME2 well at least for me, there were some upgrades I simply couldn't buy because I couldn't scrounge enough credits.

Yep, credits can be a bit scarce if you don't use store discounts, hack any containers or terminals you encounter and do all the side quests. A shame you can't sell your extra unneeded mineral resources for credits. But if you could you'd end up one of the richest people in the galaxy, I guess, since there is such an overabundance of minerals if you planet-scan a lot. :)

Miranda's ass is simply a sight to behold. o_Q

And the game is quite fond of using it as a sight to behold during cutscenes/conversation too, like:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
investigate.jpg

:wonder:

Too bad the rest of her isn't as interesting (aside from her loyalty mission), at least for a FShepard. Maybe she's more talkative otherwise?

Mass Effect's women are sexually depraved and morally bankrupt, as if the effects of exposure to the wide vacuum of space exponentially raises the female libido. "Check the ship's inventory." is "Hey, let's f***."

Sounds like playing as a male shep may be more fun in this respect. Female sheps options seem limited, apart from Jacob, I'm definitely not interested in licking any lizard faced fools, and Zaeed is a creepy old git.

Even though you don't get points for it, the off screen dinner with Kelly is surely a bit more than that, she indicates that you've both been up all night... I'm sure that wasn't all spent eating a space casserole :D

mtfbwya

And the game is quite fond of using it as a sight to behold during cutscenes/conversation too, like:
Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
investigate.jpg

:wonder:

Too bad the rest of her isn't as interesting (aside from her loyalty mission), at least for a FShepard. Maybe she's more talkative otherwise?

It is a damn shame that conversation occurs prior to her loyalty mission, so you can't see that spanking camera angle when she's wearing her loyalty clothing. But still, damn, just look at that thing, it casts a ****ing shadow on itself, magnificent.

It is a damn shame that conversation occurs prior to her loyalty mission, so you can't see that spanking camera angle when she's wearing her loyalty clothing. But still, damn, just look at that thing, it casts a ****ing shadow on itself, magnificent.

Oi! You all get your mitts off our Miranda. She's was modelled on Aussie Actess Yvonne Strahovski and has kept her accent so we're claiming her :thmbup1:

Some of you may recognise her from that series 'Chuck' but I never saw it myself.

600full-yvonne-strahovski.jpg

mtfbwya

So the Hammerhead DLC has been given a release window ("March") and some more info. It's 5 missions apparently. Presumably they will be something akin to the ME1 UNC missions - lots of wide open space to trundle, or in this case float, around in, with the odd thing to shoot at. It has guided missiles according to the description, so it will be interesting to see what they do with that mechanic. Not more ammo hunting I hope.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/129/index/1436892

So the Hammerhead DLC has been given a release window ("March") and some more info. It's 5 missions apparently. Presumably they will be something akin to the ME1 UNC missions - lots of wide open space to trundle, or in this case float, around in, with the odd thing to shoot at. It has guided missiles according to the description, so it will be interesting to see what they do with that mechanic. Not more ammo hunting I hope.

As long as it doesn't contain any Thresher Maws I'll be happy. Those were the absolutely worst part of planet exploration in ME1, and the reason I tended to avoid flat plains and take long detours over rocky terrain to get where I needed to go. :)

Niner, we know you'd possibly prefer to make out with Japanese Love Pillows, so we will disregard your disregard for the hawtness of Yvonne/Miranda :p

Miranda's face looks like someone beat it in with a steel pipe. Yvonne Strahovski is hot in real life yeah, but her face didn't transfer well at all to the game.

As long as it doesn't contain any Thresher Maws I'll be happy. Those were the absolutely worst part of planet exploration in ME1, and the reason I tended to avoid flat plains and take long detours over rocky terrain to get where I needed to go. :)
They were pretty easy to spot for the most part though, considering that planets were generally like a continuous mountain chain in every direction except for the one smooth, wide open area where a maw was inevitably lurking. Even then it wasn't a super big deal - just get out of the Mako and fight it on foot. Wrex made out like it was such a big deal in ME2. Pfffff....

Yvonne Strahovski is hot in real life yeah, but her face didn't transfer well at all to the game.

lolz... they must have had the work experience kids in for the mo-cap on Yvonne that day. I haven't spent much time with Miranda in the game to notice how badly her capture's been done... I just took this screenie... what's wrong with her freakin' right eye!! :D

miranda.jpg

My femshep is far sexier..in an ice-cold lesbian paragon type way

mtfbwya

It is possible as a human to have one eye more open then the other, you know.

True, sometimes there some weird "glitches", but for most part it's well done.

Most other games don't do a better job. At least the shaders used on the eyes are awesome.

Unreal Engine 3 is only good at "epic", stern expressions... everything else looks like s***. If you don't believe me, then feel free to recall Ashley's attempt at a smile when you first meet her.

The Source Engine is still the king of facial expressions, and it's held the throne since 2004.

gsvvsmallerrb1.png

Actually, that Asari who's boss of the club on Omega, does a nice smile.

Also I wouldn't go and claim it's the engine who doesn't do decent facial animations.

I'dd say its rather the animators and system they choosed on how to do it all, isn't perfect.

Then again, most people who don't make things for games, have no clue what so ever how much work goes into it.

So just barking another older engine does better, is... well jibberish in my eyes.

But well... Bioware is crap in your eyes, so don't mind my blabbering.

It is possible as a human to have one eye more open then the other, you know.

She did that for the WHOLE freakin conversation! She wasn't winking or in deep thought :p

I like the animations as a whole too, you can tell the ones that are done by mo-cap or rotoscoping(eg. cutscenes).... and you can tell the ones that arent.

mtfbwya

dear gawdz this game is like crack....

at some point in time.. I'm going to have to remind myself that sleeping is a good thing. :whacked:

however courting Tali is well worth losing some zzzz's. ;)

It's no secret that I'm a BioWare fan.. but man, whoever went in to developing Tali's quests/interactions deserves a beer from yours truly :D

I <3 Tali.. Not only was I sweating bullets (and losing shields in the sun) when trying to rescue/find/recruit her, and not only did I choke up at a particular scene (loyalty quest)... but the Paragon option for it was PERFECT! Hats off to the developer.. hats off my friend :golfclap:

Tali finding her Father, dead... and the Paragon choice for the comforting hug

I have finally progressed far enough in to courting her to lock the romance. life is good. :D

Tali worship aside... anyone else have problems putting down the controller/mouse on this game? hehehe... Fallout 3 got me hooked on 'gun shooters'.. Deadspace enriched the experience (super game), ME1 was a nice mix.. but ME2 seems to have snagged some of the better elements from all of 'em. LIke I said.. it's like crack. :indif: must play ME2...

Reminder it is a game. The facial animations are not perfect, what in life is perfect. Personally I thought ME2 did a very good job at facial animations. First time I’ve remembered seeing NPC crying in a game that did not make me what to laugh out loud.

I cringed more at some of Shepard’s expressions than any of the NPCs. However, in farness if I carried around a mirror in real life I would cringe at some of my faucal expressions too.

I had the same problem ChAiNz. I've slowed down a little after my forth playthrough. Not because I'm getting tired of it, but because I actually having to do so work, at work. So I'm having to sleep at night. :(

But well... Bioware is crap in your eyes, so don't mind my blabbering.
Well said. :thmbup1: Never seen people go so far out of their way to be critical of a gaming company. Usually when I dislike something, I avoid playing and discussing it.

Archived