Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

Ah okay thanks.

More DLC news:

23549_372854071644_85811091644_3782297_4874816_n.jpg

More new Mass Effect 2 DLC announced! We are releasing a new Alternative Appearance Pack on Match 26 (same day as Firewalker). In this pack you will get a new outfit for Thane, Jack and Garrus. Check out the image for your first look at their new outfits.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More new Mass Effect 2 DLC announced! We are releasing a new Alternative Appearance Pack on Match 26 (same day as Firewalker). In this pack you will get a new outfit for Thane, Jack and Garrus. Check out the image for your first look at their new outfits.

Nice, they've fixed Garrus blast-damaged armor for that variation it seems. The glasses look a bit goofy, but variation never hurts. :)

Ah okay thanks.

More DLC news:

23549_372854071644_85811091644_3782297_4874816_n.jpg

YUS. Finally, no broken armor for Garrus!

Jack's outfit looks fantastic (glasses look a bit goofy on her though). I won't have to worry about having a half naked crazy woman on screen anymore. (now if only there was something for her swearing... :p )

Thane looks seriously awesome with those glasses.

I am really liking how much Bioware is paying attention to fans here. Its phenomenal!

I don't understand why everyone doesn't like the broken armor that Garrus has. I thought it made him look more deadlier/darker/better looking as he's been in the Terminus Systems for quite a while now. He would have gotten himself injured eventually; whether its from a typical gang member or a big ship. Anyway, the point is, I like his broken armor design and hope we have a choice of using that and the new DLC skins. (Which we'll probably have.)

I like the new Jack outfit and its great to see that she'll finally cover up her upper body. The glasses for Jack are ''okay'' at best but I'll reserve final judgment when I see the skins in action. Thane's new coat looks great, but I'm not a huge fan of his glasses either.

Hopefully, we'll have an option of turning off the eye-wear for Jack and Thane and leaving the rest of the new skin on.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't like the broken armor that Garrus has.
It doesn't make any sense to keep wearing armour that has been compromised by heavy weaponry, especially one that has giant chunks missing. Not to mention it would have been full of blood and guts. I hope they at least hosed it out.

Hopefully, we'll have an option of turning off the eye-wear for Jack and Thane and leaving the rest of the new skin on.

I somehow doubt that - we can't even take sheps helmet off with some armour. Alot of us put a bit of time into making our custom sheps look the way we like, only to get hiddden under hideous helmets and masks during dialogue. eg. that collectors armour...ugh :(

Lucky we had the visor option so we weren't completely unprotected.

mtfbwya

I somehow doubt that - we can't even take sheps helmet off with some armour. Alot of us put a bit of time into making our custom sheps look the way we like, only to get hiddden under hideous helmets and masks during dialogue. eg. that collectors armour...ugh :(

Lucky we had the visor option so we weren't completely unprotected.

mtfbwya

Not to mention Shepard's uncanny ability to drink through his helmet. I ended up not using any of my special armors because you couldn't remove the helmets. Honestly, the DLC I want right now is a helmet toggle. I can't imagine it would be especially difficult, at least not compared to making other DLCs.

Jack's visor looks kind of like an uglier version of the KOTOR verpine headband style headwear, which is saying quite a bit, since that was some ugly headwear.

I just found out that the new skins for Mass Effect 2 will cost $2.

Source

It's...um...new skins for three of your squad mates. For the price of two bucks you'll get a new skin for Garrus, Jack and Thane.

Yeah, no thanks. I'd download it if it were free, but 2 dollars? Come on, what a rip off.

but 2 dollars? Come on, what a rip off.

I dunno... those two sentences just dont belong together. It's two damn dollars! The amount is not much - but getting nothing apart from apparently aesthetic enhancements isnt that appealing. If some of that armour unlocked new abilities and such, it would be more appealing.

I like the sound of the new character you can get (Kasumi), in the next DLC after Firewalker.

mtfbwya

What I meant was that you have to pay 2 dollars for something that should be free. Look at Firewalkers; that DLC has 5 new missions and a new vehicle that you can use to drive around. It not only adds new quests, but new features as well. (The ability to drive hover around worlds.) And its completely free for Cerberus Network users. Now, in comparison we have the new skins for Garrus, Thane and Jack that does absolutely nothing but alter there looks. Now tell me, is something so useless that has no impact on the story or add any new side-quests like that really worth 2 dollars? Shouldn't it be free? Like the Arch Projector? Or any other weapons that came out on the CN. (Cerberus Network.)

I also don't think the Kasumi character should be a payed DLC either. I'll explain my reasons later on. (Its like, what, 4 am here? I need sleep...)

I also don't think the Kasumi character should be a payed DLC either. I'll explain my reasons later on. (Its like, what, 4 am here? I need sleep...)

How can you expect the Kasumi DLC to be free?? Apart from having a new character at your disposal, there's apparently an hour of extra gameplay and new abilities for shepard unlocked, so there's a bit more to do there than achange clothes.

As long as it's about $5 USD, that's pretty reasonable for that.

It's either that or they could have sold the game for $20 extra and made the DLC free for the first 6 months - I'd venture to say most of us still would have payed that much.

The great thing about DLC is that is isn't compulsory :thmbup1:IMHO For such a great game, and a great company- if chipping in like this makes them keep stuff coming, then why not...

Though I wish I could get to my house from the ME1 DLC :D

mtfbwya

How can you expect the Kasumi DLC to be free??

Kasumi is on the Mass Effect 2 disc itself. People on YouTube found her place-holder, lines, party portrait and any other content of her before her whole DLC pack was even announced. It doesn't make any sense when you think about it. Why must we, the consumers, pay for a feature that already came with our discs in the first place? Granted, there's the hour of game-play time involved, but I honestly don't think the five dollar price tag for that is really justified. And not to mention the fact that Kasumi doesn't speak inside the ship. (BioWare is preforming another Zaeed with this one.)

The point I'm trying to get at is that the Kasumi DLC should have been the *last* free DLC before BioWare moved on to making payed ones.

As long as it's about $5 USD, that's pretty reasonable for that.

The reason why I don't like payed DLC's (no matter what price they are) is the fact that I have no way to actually pay for them in the first place. I have no credit card, debt card or anything of smiler equivalent.

It's either that or they could have sold the game for $20 extra and made the DLC free for the first 6 months - I'd venture to say most of us still would have payed that much.

See, the thing is, I payed $82 dollars for my copy of Mass Effect 2. (First hand copy of the Collectors Edition.)

The great thing about DLC is that is isn't compulsory

And I think that's the only good part about this whole ''paying for DLC system'' that's in both Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

See, the thing is, I payed $82 dollars for my copy of Mass Effect 2. (First hand copy of the Collectors Edition.)

lolz... that's a good price!

*pulls out receipt to check*

$110 Oz Dollars for the collectors edition here from EB (about $92 USD atm)

I had a gift voucher that covered most of that, but after reading all the great reviews, I would have had no qualms paying that. My first play through was 38 hours.

That's under $3/hour - pretty cheap for such wonderful entertainment ;)

mtfbwya

Games in Australia are about twice the price of what they are in the US. Which is why you don't buy local.

Yeah it really sucks, especially if you are a ps3 owner. I didnt mind in this instance as I had a voucher that went 3/4 of the way but you can get original copies of the games from Asia for up to 60% less. I got a legit copy of DAO for $20 damn dollars - they're still $90+ in EB etc here - even since the XPack is out.

This is what happens when you live on an island much removed from the rest of the capitalist world ;)

mtfbwya

Went to check out the new outfits, and they're actually pretty kewl looking despite my initial (bad) reaction to the glasses. Thane's outfit especially is pretty solid.

Had mixed feelings about Garrus', since I like his battle worn armor look, but the new outfit is pretty stylish with the blue glow.. the additional headgear was a nice addition. Jack's outfit really fits her, though I really wish there was a visor-less version. Meh, I can live with it :xp:

HOWEVER, what really surprised me is that the Firewalker DLC is now available! I wasn't expecting that since the only due date I was able to find was a "late March" entry. :emodanc:

I've only played the first mission so far, but the controls on the machine are much tighter than the shopping-cart physic of the Mako... hehehe. While you can still launch blindly in to a cliff side (not that I would so such a thing.. err.. yeah :¬: ) It won't be as much of a control problem that the Mako was. At least so far. :xp:

Anywho, going back now to play the rest of the DLC, however for those Cerberus Network members.. may want to check it out. The DLC looks promising so far :)

I, too, have downloaded and installed the Firewalker pack for my copy of Mass Effect 2. I haven't played it yet though and my expectations are currently nil. I'm either going to enjoy this, like how I enjoyed the ''Bringing down the Sky'' pack for the original Mass Effect, or I'm going to hate it -- just like how I hated Pinnacle Station.

Anyway, Firewalker should be a fun ride, and I hope that this isn't the last *free* DLC that E.A and BioWare have spawned out.

EDIT: Dumb question, but how do I collect research while in the Hovertank? I keep pressing right the right mouse button, like it says, but all it does is shoot and toggle camera angels.

Archived