Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

Worse than that.
Indeed. I stayed up til 2.30am to see what it was. The server crash was far more "epic" than that auction crap. They should just stick to making games.

If they really wanted an "epic community event", they should have ditched the retarded social site and gone back to the old forums.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a hopeless completionist. Scanned all the planets, talked to all NPCs and explored every nook and cranny of the quest areas. That, and lots of drawn out firefights due to being overly cautious I guess. :)

I'm still baffled. I did all that, got everyone loyal, and saved everyone in less than half the time. Maybe I'm just that good.

That was sorta funny. As to the whole completionist thing......guess it depends on how loosely you define the term or how aggressive your playing style is. Took me about 51 hours. Part b/c mining the planets w/probes often seemed to take forever, I sometimes hung back too long during firefights and that ^#$%& pin mini-game. However, given the number of planets to scan in the game, I'm not surprised that some took as long they did.

No, you're just average. A full completionist playthrough generally runs at about 25-35 hours.

Yep, that seems to be the average range. Stoffe must be a dawdler, or got hooked on that mini game on Omega, which I totally forgot about until 20 secs ago.

mtfbwya

I think he means Tuchanka, killing the monkeys.

That's the only thing (that I know of) that I actually skipped, since the controls for that annoyed the hell out of me and I couldn't hit anything.

That and the dog pit fights... after losing 5 matches in a row I just reloaded and skipped, thinking the Krogan had rigged the game. :)

That's the only thing (that I know of) that I actually skipped, since the controls for that annoyed the hell out of me and I couldn't hit anything.

That and the dog pit fights... after losing 5 matches in a row I just reloaded and skipped, thinking the Krogan had rigged the game. :)

You know if you buy meat from the Merchant and feed his Varen, it will follow you around, and you can also get it to fight for you in the pits. It will win about 2 or 3 fights for you before it finally gets beaten. ;)

Ah, the metal space monkey version of Missile Command. That's a great laugh - nothing like vaporising vermin.

You know if you buy meat from the Merchant and feed his Varen, it will follow you around, and you can also get it to fight for you in the pits. It will win about 2 or 3 fights for you before it finally gets beaten. ;)
So that's what you are supposed to do with him. I was disappointed I couldn't take him back to the ship. I figured he could kind of be like Gene Hackman's dog in Crimson Tide - except without the missile silo forest to take a leak in.

On Tuchanka, the Krogan homeworld, there's a mini-game side-quest you can do for Ratch the shop keeper. There are Pyjaks (the space monkeys) stealing supplies, and you have to shoot them before they can do so. It's basically a simplified version of Missile Command - waves of Pyjaks come in in increasing numbers from various directions and you have to shoot them before they reach the bottom of the screen. Once you've finished the game, you can buy Pyjak meat from the store. You can feed this to Urz, the Varren next to the store, after which he will follow you around the encampment. As leXX said, you can then use him in the Varren pit fights.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the enlightenment on the info. I'll be sure to check out this mini-game on my next play-through. :)

It's worth a look, and as DarthParametric said, it's basically Missile Command. :)

The rounds/missiles you fire at the Gizka Pyjaks are concussive so they have a blast radius. Makes it easy enough to wipe out a couple in one shot since you don't have to necessarily hit them "directly". Just get the shot close enough and let the shockwave do the dirty work ;)

I think he means Tuchanka, killing the monkeys.

OK, the Omega part threw me. I initially wondered just how far that varren was going to follow you, but figured probably just w/in the camp or maybe as far as the shuttle. As for the pyjaks, the first time I did it I had problems w/ the controls too, but not the second time. Still, I figure on succesive playthroughs I'm gonna just skip as many mini-games as possible.

That's pretty much the only voluntary mini-game anyway isn't it, aside from the Varren pit fights (and there's not much "game" to that)? The only other thing that would come under the heading of "mini-game" is the decoding stuff, and mostly that's fairly mandatory. I guess there's also the mineral scanning (but again, it's not much of a "game"), but you also need to do that at least partially if you want to get upgrades (which are, again, somewhat mandatory if you want to survive the final mission).

FINALLY got this game and completed my playthrough 29 hours 43 minutes as a paragon character, finished at level 28. I really enjoyed this game - first playthrough - only grunt died - I am working on having noone die this time ;) decent ending. bring it on, mass effect 3.

That's pretty much the only voluntary mini-game anyway isn't it, aside from the Varren pit fights (and there's not much "game" to that)? The only other thing that would come under the heading of "mini-game" is the decoding stuff, and mostly that's fairly mandatory. I guess there's also the mineral scanning (but again, it's not much of a "game"), but you also need to do that at least partially if you want to get upgrades (which are, again, somewhat mandatory if you want to survive the final mission).

Well, thanks to some handy hacks, you can avoid much of that after your first playthrough. Altering the config file (or at least DLing one) will allow you to avoid much of that except the odd door or console that must be endured, as well as Liara's sidequest for Shephard. The pyjaks and varren fight excepted of course also. But game flows a bit better when you don't have to constantly stop for those mini-games just to get the odd loot or enter a room that has little more than loot you can just hotkey yourself. Can even cut out the planet probing, as D333 pointed out, by "gifting" yourself resources as needed.

OK, the Omega part threw me.

Ah, apologies for the confusion.

I was referring to that game which is part of a sidequest where you have to play those machines in Afterlife ...IIRC you have to scan and prove that there's a scam going on... I can barely remember it :p

Kasumi DLC just a day or so away(April 6). 560 MS Points or $7USD.

Looking forward to it :thmbup1: Kasumi looks pretty cool. As it has dialogue and a new character - it should be a bit more involving than floating around on the hammerhead.

mtfbwya

I was referring to that game which is part of a sidequest where you have to play those machines in Afterlife ...IIRC you have to scan and prove that there's a scam going on... I can barely remember it :p

mtfbwya

Are you sure you're not getting confused with the side-quest in Flux from ME1?

What you're describing sounds an awful lot like that side-quest, from what I can remember of it.

Are you sure you're not getting confused with the side-quest in Flux from ME1?

What you're describing sounds an awful lot like that side-quest, from what I can remember of it.

lol@my brain...It's possible...... I actually only finished ME1 a couple of months before ME2 was released so they've somewhat fused into each other in my mind.

mtfbwya

Kasumi DLC just a day or so away(April 6). 560 MS Points or $7USD.

Looking forward to it :thmbup1: Kasumi looks pretty cool. As it has dialogue and a new character - it should be a bit more involving than floating around on the hammerhead.

mtfbwya

So, any idea when today it's supposed to go live> Because the last time I checked (4ish Eastern) it wasn't on the Cerberus network, but there was a new news bulletin for today, about some guy named Max Power getting offended by some Volus comedian.

Archived